Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Chapstick?
For PDS, lobotomy.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:01 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Shanghai Sarah seems to have found new friends

Pal in around with Communists

Palin slams Obama's spending in debut speech in Asia - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090923/pl_afp/hongkonguspoliticseconomypalin_20090923092712 - broken link)
Some of those who attended praised her forthright views on government social and economic intervention and others walked out early in disgust.

"She was brilliant," said a European delegate, on condition of anonymity.

Palin slams Obama's spending in debut speech in Asia - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090923/pl_afp/hongkonguspoliticseconomypalin_20090923092712 - broken link)

Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Let's not make stuff up, shall we? You're little story is entertaning, but far from the truth. You become part of the problem when you post lies.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
In another time and place the despicable (and sometimes tragic figures) Blumenthal describes would be the leaders of, or the participants in, local lynch mobs, or the followers of the Ku Klux Klan. But today figures such as James Dobson, Pat Robertson, (the late) Jerry Falwell, Newt Gingrich, and Sarah Palin have led a resentment-driven second American revolution, not just against Democrats and progressives but against the United States of America itself. And this group of outsiders (in every sense of that word ) now control one of our major political parties.

Frank Schaeffer: Max Blumenthal vs. The Far Right "God" Of Dumb Hate

After this display of Palin's, I'd say Blumenthal nails it.

Thanks for the post; another book I need to read. Good for Mr. Schaeffer for having the intelligence to see through what was happening with the right wing agenda. This fits perfectly with the Dominionists and "God wants you to be rich!" scams that lure the naive. This is too scary:

[quoted from article]
"As I explained to Blumenthal when he interviewed me, one of the reasons I left the far right movement in the 1980s was because I perceived it becoming the bedrock of anti-Americanism. The worse things got the better we right wing activists liked it. We loved crisis. We manufactured crisis! Crisis (public or personal) would force the country to embrace our radical solution: a radical turn to Old Testament law that would put homosexuals to death, see adulterers stoned at the city gates and so forth."

Could this explain the "It's the end of the world" hysteria seen here?
[LEFT]

Read more at: Frank Schaeffer: Max Blumenthal vs. The Far Right "God" Of Dumb Hate
[/LEFT]

Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Some of those who attended praised her forthright views on government social and economic intervention and others walked out early in disgust.

On condition of anonymity..................what a laugh

I'll say it was brilliant if you promise not to make fun of me

SHANGHAI SARAH, the Musical

Old 09-24-2009, 06:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Brilliant and articulate and compelling and bright and well prepared.

Hurts, doesn't it?

Old 09-24-2009, 06:13 PM

[quote=nononsenseguy;10906547]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post

I'm glad you posted that, because I can clearly see that what has been said, and posted on this Forum, and made fun of elsewhere, has been totally taken out of context. She did not say what she has been "quoted" as saying. It would be interesting to hear what was convieniently cut off.

But she is correct. And, they are neighbors.

Saturday Night Live clearly embelished her comments.

She (as governor and citizen of Alaska) was also a neighbor of Canada, with whom she had negotiations on a pipeline.

I'd like to know what was left out of this clip. Palin is no dummy. But the left (I know) will do whatever they can to discredit and smear someone like Palin.

Sorry. Try again. This clip proves nothing other than the fact that you peopel, the left, are goint to great lengths to smear and discredit her.

So far, you are the one looking like the idiot.

Touchy, touchy! Don't play well with others, huh?

Palin And Russia, Part V - CBS News

Or the entire interview:

YouTube - Palin Katie Couric Interview

Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post

Anyone who would call Sarah "brilliant" would have to beg for anonymity.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Anyone who would call Sarah "brilliant" would have to beg for anonymity.

Now, ain't that the truth? This article discusses her recent the
trip and speech. It ends any claims that she didn't trash America and her president. At length...as opposed to an off-the-cuff comment by Natalie Maines.

Palin's maiden trip to Asia spotlights China-U.S. ties | U.S. | Reuters

Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,995,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubringliten View Post
My question is why did the Chinese investors had asked her to give a speech? Didn't they see her bumbling speeches during the campaign?
Chinese ppl will ape ANYTHING that is American. that's part of their DNA. they are copycat american wanna-bes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies