Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:34 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times

Advertisements

He's my Messiah, and I'm still drinking the Kool aid.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:42 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
I'm 47. I've voted every presidential election since I was 18, and most gubernatorial and Congressional elections as well.

I voted for Obama, and not only do I not feel like an idiot, I wasn't an idiot to vote that way.

I stand by my vote. The country was driven to a crisis, and reasonable adults know that major national crises don't always get resolved in one year. Even individual corporations can take longer to turn around; yet today we have a nation with a sizeable number of short-attention-span "adults" who instead of showing resolve and a can-do attitude, want to tear everything down because they're angry their politician didn't win.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Considering his approval ratings are around the % of the vote he got, his disapproval #'s are a bit lower than the % of the vote McCain got and his net approval (approval-disapproval) is a little more than double his Popular vote margin I would say no.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 PM

459 posts, read 804,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylow View Post
Common sense says that many people who voted for Obama must feel like complete idiots now. So many were first time voters or young kids that have not lived long enough to know any better. Having Obama as president for the next four years will help to educate America's youth as to the consequences of voting for someone like him for president. This will wake up much of the youth and teach them to not be so gullible. 20 years from now the same naive people that voted for Obama will be able to better educate thier kids as to the importance of voting wisely. This is something positive about having someone like Obama as the president in our current times.

HAHAHA yes kids learn your lesson and vote Palin 2012 DO you not realize your the reason Obama won the election. You gave people the other option of McCain Palin. IF you retards would of voted for Ron Paul in the primarys or even Romney(people that actually understand how the economy works) then maybe Obama doesn't get elected. Stop blaming everybody else for you being responsible for the lack of other options.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The choice was between Obama and John ("I don't understand the economy and wish interest rates were zero") McCain and running mate Sarah ("I can see Russia from my house") Palin. Americans made the obvious choice. Republicans should have run with Romney.
Tina Fey said that, not SP; the fact that you attribute the quote to Palin shows what an utter failure our mass media is, and how truly uninformed the general populace is.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:04 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I'm 47. I've voted every presidential election since I was 18, and most gubernatorial and Congressional elections as well.

I voted for Obama, and not only do I not feel like an idiot, I wasn't an idiot to vote that way.

I stand by my vote. The country was driven to a crisis, and reasonable adults know that major national crises don't always get resolved in one year. Even individual corporations can take longer to turn around; yet today we have a nation with a sizeable number of short-attention-span "adults" who instead of showing resolve and a can-do attitude, want to tear everything down because they're angry their politician didn't win.
Angry because "their politician didn't win" is your assessment of why this country is closer to the verge of revolt than its been in 200 years?

And you say those folks have a short attention span?

Wake up, man. It has nothing to do with John McCain, rest assured. If you can't see the writing on the wall, then perhaps it should come as no surprise to us that you voted for Barack Obama.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
HAHAHA yes kids learn your lesson and vote Palin 2012 DO you not realize your the reason Obama won the election. You gave people the other option of McCain Palin. IF you retards would of voted for Ron Paul in the primarys or even Romney(people that actually understand how the economy works) then maybe Obama doesn't get elected. Stop blaming everybody else for you being responsible for the lack of other options.
Ironic that someone who refers to others as "retards" does not know the difference between your and you're.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylow View Post
Common sense says that many people who voted for Obama must feel like complete idiots now. So many were first time voters or young kids that have not lived long enough to know any better. Having Obama as president for the next four years will help to educate America's youth as to the consequences of voting for someone like him for president. This will wake up much of the youth and teach them to not be so gullible. 20 years from now the same naive people that voted for Obama will be able to better educate thier kids as to the importance of voting wisely. This is something positive about having someone like Obama as the president in our current times.
This is like the third thread on this same subject.

And NO-I do not feel like an idiot for voting him in. I would feel like an idiot if I voted for Bush twice though.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
To answer the OP with a single word...

No

Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Tina Fey said that, not SP; the fact that you attribute the quote to Palin shows what an utter failure our mass media is, and how truly uninformed the general populace is.
Unfortunately, the media are not failures. They achieve their desired impact. They prop up their liberal idols.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies