Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 02:52 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylow View Post
Common sense says that many people who voted for Obama must feel like complete idiots now. So many were first time voters or young kids that have not lived long enough to know any better. Having Obama as president for the next four years will help to educate America's youth as to the consequences of voting for someone like him for president. This will wake up much of the youth and teach them to not be so gullible. 20 years from now the same naive people that voted for Obama will be able to better educate thier kids as to the importance of voting wisely. This is something positive about having someone like Obama as the president in our current times.
They should, but sheep are too dumb to realize their mistakes. That is what makes them sheep, their stupidity and ignorance.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:07 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
They should, but sheep are too dumb to realize their mistakes. That is what makes them sheep, their stupidity and ignorance.
This is how I felt about those that voted for Bush, not once but twice. I have no doubts that if he could have run a 3rd term many would vote again. He nearly destroyed this country but some just can't admit they were wrong so they attack the new guy that actually has a brain. Hear any dumb jokes from the comediennes? NO. That's all we heard when Bush was around. Really, these threads are getting boring. Ignorance really isn't bliss. Don't expect me to engage in an argument over this - waste of time.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
take the number of people who are sorry they voted for Obama, and multiply it by 10. You'll have a lower bound for the number of people who realized what a stupid mistake it was to have ever voted for Bush.

I've met dozens of the latter category, but have yet to meet a single person in the former category.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I'm 47. I've voted every presidential election since I was 18, and most gubernatorial and Congressional elections as well.

I voted for Obama, and not only do I not feel like an idiot, I wasn't an idiot to vote that way.

I stand by my vote. The country was driven to a crisis, and reasonable adults know that major national crises don't always get resolved in one year. Even individual corporations can take longer to turn around; yet today we have a nation with a sizeable number of short-attention-span "adults" who instead of showing resolve and a can-do attitude, want to tear everything down because they're angry their politician didn't win.
My sentiments exactly. I've voted in nine presidential elections, so there were no stars in front of my eyes this past election season. I did not expect overnight miracles nor did anyone else I know, my adult children included, one of whom was a first time voter.
I voted for the President, am not sorry, do not feel like an idiot and would do so again.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:58 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,197,207 times
Quote:
Common sense says that many people who voted for Obama must feel like complete idiots now. So many were first time voters or young kids that have not lived long enough to know any better. Having Obama as president for the next four years will help to educate America's youth as to the consequences of voting for someone like him for president. This will wake up much of the youth and teach them to not be so gullible. 20 years from now the same naive people that voted for Obama will be able to better educate thier kids as to the importance of voting wisely. This is something positive about having someone like Obama as the president in our current times.

If they would have voted for McCain, they would likely be preparing to march in to their local draft board to be shipped to Iraq, North Korea or Venezuela.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:12 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,221 times
Quote:
Common sense says that many people who voted for Obama must feel like complete idiots now...
Nope, though I am getting increasingly scared of a good chunk of the country. And terrified that in 2012 the Republican nominees will be even scarier than the last bunch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies