Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Misinformation is a liberal's greatest weapon!
No, misinformation is a politician's greatest weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 10:17 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
No, misinformation is a politician's greatest weapon.
That's true, but liberals always seem loaded with tons of that type of "ammo". And they shoot it away.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:18 AM

595 posts, read 2,344,250 times
The Republicans have been failures since Reagan left office.

The last really great Republican was Reagan. Newt who was my Congressman in Georgia is smart but he panders too much to the religous right...and the "Republican Revolution" in 94 turned out to be a huge huge joke. Bush has been just as terrible...mismanaging the War and growing the size of the government by leaps and bounds. He makes Clinton look good because Bush hasn't seemed to met a spending bill he didn't like.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
That's true, but liberals always seem loaded with tons of that type of "ammo". And they shoot it away.
Nirvana-Guy, I respect that you have a strong sense of right and wrong. However, you need to be more introspective. Liberals don't do it any more than neo-cons or evangelicals. It just appears that way to you because you are on the opposite extreme.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:31 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnr View Post
Well, trying not to be directly offensive here - but Paul is a Libertarian if I'm hearing right ... and the poster's UserName goes hand-in-hand with that party ... well, I'm not sure about the "Pretty" part - but the "Hate Machine" part is a go.

Personally, I'm wondering why the Republicans even bothered with a debate? They have nothing to say - they do nothing except cripple America - and they've failed so miserably for the past 32 years ... I just have a lot of trouble believing there is anybody left (imo) that's still stupid enough to vote a republican in to anything - let alone political office - OWW - stop throwing the beer-cans! ... Hey, y'all republican folks drink expensive beer! (Don't worry, I won't expose you at church).
The saddest part, to me, was that they had a debate of destroyers in the library of the greatest destroyer of the 20th century ... but then again, it sooo fits. What never seemed to fit as I see it was the naming of airports and highways after a fellow who made sure America couldn't go anywhere. Oh, wait ... am I ranting? I digress. Sorry.
Hey, what's wrong with Paul and libertarians? Please explain.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:33 AM

I have the feeling most people here don't know the origin of Pretty Hate Machine's name. That's too bad. It's a great album!

Old 05-04-2007, 11:16 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Speaking of msinformation, since you've told us what a great president Reagan was why don't you tell us what a great war hero John Wayne was?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:23 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
i liked Governor Huckabee as well

Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 AM

959 posts, read 2,361,131 times
CJ...what state does he govern, I totally forgot...and what did he say that you liked? I kind of tuned out some of it after a while...
*sheepish grin* I was throwing beer cans around the house last night.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:31 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
I found Ron Paul to be the only one who spoke of things that concerned me. Mr. McCain from my current home state is, well, insane! Romney was well-spoken and got the longest time for responses, a bit unfair. Giuliani was a fear-spewing menace to society. Both he and McCain were just over the top fraidycats who promised big guns in response to anything that flies overhead--Look! He's turning toward Mecca! Kill him! (I'm exaggerating, people). I was already biased against Brownback because of his very evident fundamentalist slant. Tancredo gets some support from me, but, strangely, gets no respect in his home state of Colorado--I need to find out why. The remaining candidates didn't leave much of a taste in my mouth. But, Ron Paul clearly won in my book as the candidate who was most down-to-earth and pragmatic, who addressed the reduction in liberties that are crushing what's left of our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies