Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:14 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I swear some of these chest pounding people WANT more war. They are addicted to aggression, subjugation, death, blood, mayhem, chaos, bombs, noise, angst, and a feeling of superiority.
I think that the only thing that would make these folks happy is if Obama dressed like Apollo Creed and ran into the UN General Assembly with an entourage chanting;

USA!

USA!

We''re #1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 PM

250 posts, read 563,119 times
Default Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The sharks that I see being the most detrimental to this country are the homegrown fanatics, Corporate Fascism and the hate and lie spewing right wing media shills.
Who is better than you?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,546,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
RFSilver glad to hear another young conservative (not sure if you're a libertarian as well) like myself talking about the true differences between younger and older voters.

The time has come for change and i'm sick and tired of the older generations reliance on engaging in partisian political debate, which centers largely around issues, that will not help move this country forward (race, gender, marriage, reglion, fear tactics, etc), but only helps aid in the divide and conqure techniques used by those "in power."

I've been warning the older generation on this website, especially those on either the far-right or the far left extermism to gain political advantage will not be tolarated in the future.

The future bees in the colony don't like the old honey the older generation is producing, so over the next 5-20 years you will see change in both the democratic and republican parties. The current republican party will die out and be replaced.

What they will be replaced with remains unknown. It is up for grabs will they return to true conservatism? Who knows, but they are the party most likely to be replaced by the moderates, conservatives, libertarians, and other like minded younger individuals, who undertand morality in a

global economy, while attempting to apply conservative principles where most applicabale for health and general well being of the nation. The haterd from the religious right (will cease to exist in the new republican party mark my words, your days are significantly numberd.)

Lately, i have been finding a lot of younger libertarians are labeling themselves "social libertarians", which implies a moral conscience in business and political undertakings etc.

If you read a lot of the stuff i wrote im for smaller government, but also do not mind contributing collectively to help advance the country forward. Whether that means adding my money to increase the medical risk pool to assist unhealthy and older individuals, i have no problem with it.

(However, i will not commit my tax dollars to pay for someone eles government Sponsored Annuity aka Social Security, because it is a moral corrupt program (ponzi scheme). Anyway i digress good post!

WOW!!! I didn't know a name for it and must congrat you on the respect
you have shown toward my concerns. That in itself speaks volumns.
I would like to know more... I am very aware of the present interconnectedness
good or bad, of business practices in general, over-seas and its affect on American life.

I was trying to suggest that Republicans take a more Global concern
if only to understand that it is this, that will affect even life
on a local level in America.

I would encourage the Republican party to change its perspective,
exhibit a talent toward international co-operation and influence
since such will be increasingly important on even a local level.

We have other countries leasing our highways, parks, talks
regarding free-water rights etc... all without Americans even
being aware of it.

Practice can start here at home with Democrats and Liberals... but
there seem to be such a generation gap that it falls on deaf ears
regardless of what everyday reality is showing us.

Our jobs are going over-seas... there is a co-ordinated effort abroad
to address this. If the Republican party is to win high office in the future,
they will have to show a talent in their ability to co-operate with those
nations that affect our daily life. (Trade, business, security etc)

Thanks Dorock for taking the time to welcome my views and extend
a friendly attitude.

RFSilver

Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post

a friendly attitude.

RFSilver
Great point and the way to move our country forward is not to close the boarders to free-trade or set up tariffs on foreign imports, it is to accept for the time being, that developing countries currently have a "comparative advantage" in providing cheap labor for manufacturing activities, so the President by attempting to enhance the number of doctors, scientiest, and othe white collar professions is doing the right thing. Our comparative advantage in the world future gloabl economy will not immiediately rely on the blue collar workforce, but will heavily depend on the increasing large educated work force to provide those high level skills and talents to these emerging economies.

Let the chinese opress their own people through lack of free trade or depressed wages over a significant period of time. At some point their people will rebel against the system and they will experience the ups and downs living in a democratic republic. In all honesty it would seem to me the republican and democratic parties as it currently stands are both extremely interested in pushing and bringing communism to this country and global ownership. I cannot say whether the two are bad or good, but i can say with certainty both parties are pushing toward this and people need to recognize it. The inevitiable is upon us. However, as long as they argue over the insignificant they'll be blind to the reality of what is really going on.

My dad told me all throughout high school i was not competing with kids in my local town, county, state, country, but with other children of the world, because the economy he lived in will not be the economy i live in, and most of the younger generation of people realize this. Whether the older generation realizes it or accepts it is to be seen, but the new generation of young people both consrvatives and liberals are extremely motivated to get out there and vote. The older generation will experience our determination to vote and will recognize us as a formidable foe, which if you consider the election of Obama, it was highly backed by a younger individual vote, so our power is already starting to show (not that i voted for him, but fact is a lot of other younger voters did). The younger generation is (i do not want to be too presumptious for all other young people) more concerned with the big issues and not these small partisian issues, that serve no economic, moral, or progressive good for our country. Let the older generation latch onto such trivial matters as race, gender, political affliation, country of origin, sexuality, and many other non-sensical useless topics that are debated adnosum. We will be the generation both conservative and liberal that combine the best of both of what our individual minds have to offer for the greater good of not only America, but the World! We will be the problem solvers! "NOW SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF THE WAY, SO WE CAN START TO CLEAN UP THE OLDER GENERATIONS MESS"

-No More War
-More Free Trade
-Open Boarders (via legal immigration)
-Open lines of communication with all nations (no enimies real or imagined to scare the american people)
-Extention of Rights (repeal of Patriot Act, Drug Laws, and other government regulations or measures that have been used to limit individual rights)
-Freedom of Religion (and keep it the hell out of politics separate state and church)
-Limits on the Federal Reserve (no longer allow them to destroy the wealth of a nation, we will just have to accept slower growth)
-You can have medical insurance, but no more social security (rely on the charity of the private sector if you were unable to save for retirment)
-Less usless legislation (fewer laws) Let's start to enforce the one's we have and start to use more common sense in putting non-violent younger people in jail (especially for drugs...waste of money, productivity, and "Good Little Tax Payers" lol)

This may be too optimistic right now, but i think my generation and the generation after will be the group that actually helps move us to smaller more responsible government less intrusive government with a focus on not only domestic issues, but also global political and economic issues.

"BE A FRIEND TO ALL AND AN ENEMY TO NONE"

Last edited by dorock99; 09-24-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 05:22 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFSilver View Post
WOW!!! I didn't know a name for it and must congrat you on the respect
you have shown toward my concerns. That in itself speaks volumns.
I would like to know more... I am very aware of the present interconnectedness
good or bad, of business practices in general, over-seas and its affect on American life.

I was trying to suggest that Republicans take a more Global concern
if only to understand that it is this, that will affect even life
on a local level in America.

I would encourage the Republican party to change its perspective,
exhibit a talent toward international co-operation and influence
since such will be increasingly important on even a local level.

We have other countries leasing our highways, parks, talks
regarding free-water rights etc... all without Americans even
being aware of it.

Practice can start here at home with Democrats and Liberals... but
there seem to be such a generation gap that it falls on deaf ears
regardless of what everyday reality is showing us.

a friendly attitude.

RFSilver
Both yours and the person you quote are quite interesting posts and quite profound. I honestly think some of the whole hoopla/problem with Obama is he is trying to be this kind of person and the extremists on both sides are up in arms (yes, you better believe the extreme left is at the very least disappointed with him.....after all, he is not going to produce a "single payer" health system, he is not going to pull out of Afghanistan tomorrow, he picked Cabinet members that are fairly centrist, etc.....they just don't express it as vocally as extreme conservatives because they'd rather have "the devil they know" vs. who mainstream America would vote for instead).

It is very sad how polarized and hateful our country is becoming, it can't lead to anything good.....

Old 09-24-2009, 06:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
"BE A FRIEND TO ALL AND AN ENEMY TO NONE"
We tried that - 3000 people died.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Thread title taken from the title of Newt Gingrich's blog.

Supporting data all opinion pieces.

Weak.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:38 PM

Another sickened by his UN speech.

The Week Magazine - News reviews and opinion, arts, entertainment & political cartoons

Quote:
Of the first seven sentences Obama delivered to the United Nations General Assembly on Wednesday, the presidential "I" was the subject or direct object of five.

Even granting the difficulties, however, President Obama's UNGA address was alarming.

The continued flow of criticisms of the previous administration and Obama's apologies for the actions of the United States are becoming more than unseemly.
This speech was definitely an eye-opener for some. Some of us knew all along exactly what he was.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
This was written in the PowerLine Blog:

Quote:
Obama noted that he has banned torture, closed Gitmo, moved to end the war in Iraq, moved towards disarmament, attempted to advance the ball on creating a Palestinian state, "re-engaged the United Nations, paid our bills, joined the Human Rights Council."
I support all of those actions except for paying the UN bills. I haven't heard anything about that Organization cleaning itself up.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:29 PM

Here's the next sentences.

Quote:
So here was the president of the United States doing everything but getting down on his hands and knees before the representatives of every wretched regime in the world to plead that the U.S. has turned over a new leaf and, in effect, become harmless.

Does Obama believe that anything positive will come of this stomach-turning spectacle. Or does he just like to bask in the glow of applause for the proposition that the U.S. was a pretty rotten place until he assumed control, without worrying about who it is that's applauding?
He hasn't closed Gitmo, hasn't ended the war in Iraq.

How did he attempt to move the ball in the palestinian issue any differently than any other president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies