Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,129,444 times

Advertisements

I want all who lean a little bit left, who hate the source of this commentary because it is so unfair, and dislike the two men in the title to look at the source this comes from. Maybe the next time you ridicule their poll numbers you can remember that they put this piece on their site.

No, I don't agree with Joe Conason, completely but he has written this one in a way that shows his left bias.

The Racist Truth About Beck and Limbaugh - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 PM

22,106 posts, read 19,312,195 times
I don't see how this shows that Conason has a left wing bias.

Anyway, my gripe with Rasmussen isn't that he is a Republican. My gripe with his polls is other than in close to an election his numbers simply do not match up with any other pollster. The fact that he asks a likely voter question at all times instead of just within close to an election is problematic, because its virtually impossible to come up with some clear cut true likely voter model this far out.

Anyway when looking at polling the most effective way is to NOT look at one particular pollster, but to look at a cross selection of pollsters. Take an average of what the polls show. Its much more accurate to do that than to look at one specific pollster.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 PM

715 posts, read 2,081,740 times
Considering there was never oppresion of white people in American history by any other ethenticity, i find it incredible how these two morons are over night experts on a subject that they couldnt care about when the country was run by white presidents!!

Where were they for every or any injustice brought upon minorities when it was them on the recieving end "REAL" descrimination and racism??

As for the idiots who watches their garbage, when are you gonna get out of that basket??

Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I want all who lean a little bit left, who hate the source of this commentary because it is so unfair, and dislike the two men in the title to look at the source this comes from. Maybe the next time you ridicule their poll numbers you can remember that they put this piece on their site.

No, I don't agree with Joe Conason, completely but he has written this one in a way that shows his left bias.

The Racist Truth About Beck and Limbaugh - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
what is your point?
The behavior of those media provocateurs over the past few months is almost beyond parody. They call the president a racist, even though there is no evidence of prejudice on his part and much evidence to the contrary.

They demand that nobody should ever point out racial prejudice, but spend hours on the airwaves making false claims of bias against whites. And they whine constantly about being called racists, even though the president has never made that accusation against them.
But since Beck and Limbaugh seem to be obsessed with this touchy subject, let's examine their record. It turns out that both established their keen racial sensitivity on air long ago.

Back when Beck was simply a coked-out zoo-style morning talk jock on a Kentucky station -- rather than a national political philosopher -- he regularly mimicked African-American speech patterns for fun. "He used to do a funny 'black guy' character, really over the top," recalls one of his former colleagues, quoted by biographer Alexander Zaitchik in a fascinating Salon.com profile.
As for Limbaugh, perhaps nobody remembers the time that he told a black caller to "take that bone out of your nose"; or the time when he said the nonviolent NAACP "should get a liquor store and practice robberies"; or the many times when he would play the "Movin' On Up" theme from the old Jeffersons TV show to accompany his commentary about Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman in the United States Senate. He used to do mocking bits in black dialect, too. But who needs to remember those sorry episodes when he continues that ugly pattern on air nearly every day?
Is any of this false?

Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 PM

Nice that Rasmussen, which rightwingers cling to as the poll source of choice, is publishing unbiased facts.
"In a more reflective mood, [Limbaugh] later asked, 'Can this nation really have an African-American president?'

"Yes, we can -- and despite the racial poison spread by Beck and Limbaugh, most Americans are proud that at long last, we do."

Old 09-24-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Considering there was never oppresion of white people in American history by any other ethenticity, i find it incredible how these two morons are over night experts on a subject that they couldnt care about when the country was run by white presidents!!

Where were they for every or any injustice brought upon minorities when it was them on the recieving end "REAL" descrimination and racism??

As for the idiots who watches their garbage, when are you gonna get out of that basket??
Gracie, I think that you should read the article since it is written from a stand point that you would agree with. It doesn't call them names like you do but it is at least as much against them as you are. Try reading it. I put it here for people like you to read because I was sure you would like it.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
what is your point?
The behavior of those media provocateurs over the past few months is almost beyond parody. They call the president a racist, even though there is no evidence of prejudice on his part and much evidence to the contrary.

They demand that nobody should ever point out racial prejudice, but spend hours on the airwaves making false claims of bias against whites. And they whine constantly about being called racists, even though the president has never made that accusation against them.
But since Beck and Limbaugh seem to be obsessed with this touchy subject, let's examine their record. It turns out that both established their keen racial sensitivity on air long ago.

Back when Beck was simply a coked-out zoo-style morning talk jock on a Kentucky station -- rather than a national political philosopher -- he regularly mimicked African-American speech patterns for fun. "He used to do a funny 'black guy' character, really over the top," recalls one of his former colleagues, quoted by biographer Alexander Zaitchik in a fascinating Salon.com profile.
As for Limbaugh, perhaps nobody remembers the time that he told a black caller to "take that bone out of your nose"; or the time when he said the nonviolent NAACP "should get a liquor store and practice robberies"; or the many times when he would play the "Movin' On Up" theme from the old Jeffersons TV show to accompany his commentary about Carol Moseley Braun, the first black woman in the United States Senate. He used to do mocking bits in black dialect, too. But who needs to remember those sorry episodes when he continues that ugly pattern on air nearly every day?
Is any of this false?
Did I say that any of this is false? I don't think I did but then who knows.

As I said before I was deleted I put this here because I thought people who don't like Rasmussen would like to see that they do publish things that aren't all conservative. I knew what the writer would say about them before I read it, but I just wanted to share something like this with you folks of the left. Sorry, I won't do it again.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Nice that Rasmussen, which rightwingers cling to as the poll source of choice, is publishing unbiased facts.
"In a more reflective mood, [Limbaugh] later asked, 'Can this nation really have an African-American president?'

"Yes, we can -- and despite the racial poison spread by Beck and Limbaugh, most Americans are proud that at long last, we do."
I didn't vote for Obama although up to the time of the campaign I thought I might instead of going for the least of the two evils. He convinced me during the campaign that I didn't want him. Now I have to hope some fool doesn't manage to kill him because that would put Biden in his place and we would go to hell in about 5 minutes with that situation.

Actually I don't think Obama would be half bad if he just forgot about all his campaign promises and quit trying to fulfill so many of them. That Congress just won't let him do the job he might do without them.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Did I say that any of this is false? I don't think I did but then who knows.

As I said before I was deleted I put this here because I thought people who don't like Rasmussen would like to see that they do publish things that aren't all conservative. I knew what the writer would say about them before I read it, but I just wanted to share something like this with you folks of the left. Sorry, I won't do it again.
You wont post any more information that you yourself admit is true? Why not?

Thanks for admitting, even if only this one time, that Glenn and Rush push the racism, though

Old 09-25-2009, 12:23 AM

715 posts, read 2,081,740 times
Quote:
Gracie, I think that you should read the article since it is written from a stand point that you would agree with. It doesn't call them names like you do but it is at least as much against them as you are. Try reading it. I put it here for people like you to read because I was sure you would like it.
Yes, thanks for sharring, and yup i read it word for word, what made you think otherwise puzzles me?.

Im not entirely sure by "People like YOU" supposed to mean. But thinking of me as some hard core leftist would be a wrong assumption, i just think their way of doing things is more in line by how i feel this country should doing things, even though im a keen Gun enthusiast and pro military and believes that after Obama, Reagan would be the next half decent American president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies