Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
he's our governor and he's a big time neo-con. his views on using the military to promote American "values" is well documented

but what really scares me about t-paw (as we call him) is that he's:
  • evangelical christian
  • anti-education
  • anti-universal health coverage
  • anti-infrastructure (mn roads are going to hell)
  • inflexible in his beliefs
  • incorrigible towards those on the left (he doesn't care what you think)
  • a smart azz (you'll see in the debates)
  • anti-choice
  • shifty taxation policies
T-Paw! We just call him Rat Face.

Don't forget the neocon shoving a sports stadium up the arse of taxpayers so his rich buddies could get richer !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 07:54 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
And let's not forget one of the most slimey dangerous NEOCONS of all....REPUBLICAN Representative Michelle Bachmann....""Republicans should be armed and dangerous"....""the census will lead to internment camps"(she encoraged people to break the law and not respond to the census) ...."""members of Congress should be investigated for anti-American statements"""...

...and then there was her near rape of George Bush by this married extremely "religious" maniac......

N E O C O N

Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
One thing your forgetting if Bush made his cabinet and appionted those people and or even if he didn't know who he was picking someone was helping him make this neocon choices :-) I think once Bush heard all day the neocon idealogy his speeches changed to be what he really believed.
To the extent Bush himself chose his own cabinet is debatable. (chuckling)

Many of the neoconservative types that comprised much of the Bush administration have been around for many years and some have even managed to endure as far back in the administrations of Carter, Reagan, and Clinton as well.

Richard Perle, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney, Douglas Feith, William Luti, Abram Shulsky, James Woolsey, Scooter Libby, Donald Rumsfeld, and Newt Gingrich.

I would assert that this group listed with the exception of Wolfowitz, and maybe Perle, were not among the original intellectual neoconservatives whom I would consider Straussians, but were instead were more closely married to the "Liberals with guns" theme which Podhertz and Kristol later cheered for in their oft repeated op eds.

It is a little amusing however that the term "neocon" is used by many on the left in the same manner as "tea baggers", yet little do they realize that the current administration saturated with neoconservative minded members, even if they aren't as vocal as the previous administration.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:52 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I was a republican and I'm not a democrat either.
Since you are not a Republican or a Democrat, why don't you tell us a list of the Demcrats that you hate and give the Democrat party of today a bad name

Old 09-29-2009, 07:08 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Since you are not a Republican or a Democrat, why don't you tell us a list of the Demcrats that you hate and give the Democrat party of today a bad name

The question is not directed at me but I will give you a couple. Jane Harman and Hillary Clinton. Both share the neo-con philosophy.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:17 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Neocons against the neomarxists. I think I'll sit this one out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies