Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:56 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,524,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I didn't think I had to draw a picture but obviously not everyone knows that the patient is admitted to the hospital via the ER because they are so sick. The patient receives dialysis while in the hospital. I never assumed anyone would think that an emergency room would contain dialysis chairs. My mistake. Hope that clears things up for you.
Where is your evidence that the patients you saw in the ER were 1.) immigrants, 2.) illegal 3.) had renal failure and 4.) needed dialysis?

You made a train of unproved assumptions based on what you claimed you saw. Your account does not stand up to scrutiny. Since dialysis is not done in ERs but in another unit far from public view, you could not have known what these people came in the ER for. They could have come in there for other problems.

It is also obvious you don't know how dialysis and hospitals work. Dialyses are outpatient procedures. You don't need to be admitted to a hospital to be dialyzed. Even many so-called "renal emergencies" are quickly treated in a dialysis clinic (not in a hospital).

Take note that my reaction to your post has nothing to do with my stance towards illegal immigration. I could be opposed to illegal immigration, but I would still take you to task for fabricating tall tales that don't reflect how ERs work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 05:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
where is your evidence that the patients you saw in the er were 1.) immigrants, 2.) illegal 3.) had renal failure and 4.) needed dialysis?

You made a train of unproved assumptions based on what you claimed you saw. Your account does not stand up to scrutiny. Since dialysis is not done in ers but in another unit far from public view, you could not have known what these people came in the er for. They could have come in there for other problems.

It is also obvious you don't know how dialysis and hospitals work. Dialyses are outpatient procedures. You don't need to be admitted to a hospital to be dialyzed. Even many so-called "renal emergencies" are quickly treated in a dialysis clinic (not in a hospital).

Take note that my reaction to your post has nothing to do with my stance towards illegal immigration. I could be opposed to illegal immigration, but i would still take you to task for fabricating tall tales that don't reflect how ers work.
lol!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
lol!!!!!!!!!

What's the matter? Run out of ammo?

Old 09-25-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
What's the matter? Run out of ammo?
No. It seems pointless to argue with someone who does not know that there are no free standing dialysis clinics in El Paso, TX who will accept a non funded patient who cannot pay. They are all for profit facilities. No pay, no dialysis. Get it? That is a fact, like it or not. I happen to know Dr. Zeke Nwosu. He is a good doctor and an honest man. He is quoted in this article. Nation & World | States find dialysis for illegal immigrants a costly dilemma | Seattle Times Newspaper

Thomason is only one hospital that ends up admitting illegal immigrants for dialysis. Don't believe me? Make a few phone calls yourself. Here is a list of hospitals you can call to verify. Ask for the public relations department.

Sierra Medical Center - (915) 577-4000
Providence Memorial Hospital - (915) 577-6011
Las Palmas Medical Center - (915) 521-1200
Del Sol Medical Center - (915) 595-9000

By the way, this was my post. Where do I say that I witnessed people receiving dialysis in the emergency room?

This should really tick tax payers off!! I can tell you that illegal immigrants in El Paso use the emergency rooms in El Paso for dialysis on a routine basis. They skip dialysis for two or more weeks at a time and then show up so ill they must be treated on the taxpayers dime. Why on earth did this hospital ever begin a dialysis clinic that existed to dialyze illegal immigrants in the first place? The fact that they set the precedent may leave them vulnerable in my lay person opinion.

As I stated earlier, I never thought anyone would think I meant that the emergency rooms in El Paso are equipped with dialysis chairs. Your post made me laugh.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 09-25-2009 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: additional information

Old 09-25-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
No. It seems pointless to argue with someone who does not know that there are no free standing dialysis clinics in El Paso, TX who will accept a non funded patient who cannot pay. They are all for profit facilities. No pay, no dialysis. Get it? That is a fact, like it or not. I happen to know Dr. Zeke Nwosu. He is a good doctor and an honest man. He is quoted in this article. Nation & World | States find dialysis for illegal immigrants a costly dilemma | Seattle Times Newspaper

Thomason is only one hospital that ends up admitting illegal immigrants for dialysis. Don't believe me? Make a few phone calls yourself. Here is a list of hospitals you can call to verify. Ask for the public relations department.

Sierra Medical Center - (915) 577-4000
Providence Memorial Hospital - (915) 577-6011
Las Palmas Medical Center - (915) 521-1200
Del Sol Medical Center - (915) 595-9000
You claimed that you saw illegal immigrants being dialyzed in the ER. When I told you that ERs don't dialyze people, you backtracked and said that they were not being dialyzed in the ER but rather, they were merely just passing through the ER to be admitted to the hospital. But how did you know that the patients you saw in the ER were renal failure patients needing dialysis? And how did you know that they were immigrants, not to mention illegal? I'm sorry, but your link above does nothing to support your case.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
You claimed that you saw illegal immigrants being dialyzed in the ER. When I told you that ERs don't dialyze people, you bactracked and said that they were not being dialyzed in the ER but rather, they were merely just passing through the ER to be admitted to the hospital. But how did you know that the patients you saw in the ER were renal failure patients needing dialysis? And how did you know that they were immigrants, not to mention illegal? I'm sorry, but your link above does nothing to support your case.
Try to read and comprehend. I never meant anyone to interpret my post as claiming that people received dialysis in the emergency room. If you interpreted my post to mean that, that is your problem. I am not going to discuss individual patient cases with you bucko. For the edification of all, please highlight the part of my post that states I saw patients in the ER receiving dialysis.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Try to read and comprehend. I never meant anyone to interpret my post as claiming that people received dialysis in the emergency room. If you interpreted my post to mean that, that is your problem. I am not going to discuss individual patient cases with you bucko. For the edification of all, please highlight the part of my post that states I saw patients in the ER receiving dialysis.
Sure:

Quote:
This should really tick tax payers off!! I can tell you that illegal immigrants in El Paso use the emergency rooms in El Paso for dialysis on a routine basis. They skip dialysis for two or more weeks at a time and then show up so ill they must be treated on the taxpayers dime. Why on earth did this hospital ever begin a dialysis clinic that existed to dialyze illegal immigrants in the first place? The fact that they set the precedent may leave them vulnerable in my lay person opinion.
You made the very authoritative claim "I can tell you that illegal immigrants in El Paso use the emergency rooms in El Paso for dialysis on a routine basis". There's only one logical meaning of this statement: you witnessed illegal immigrants being dialyzed in the ER.

Otherwise, if what you meant to say was they used the ER as a transit point to get them to the dialysis unit in some other part of the hospital, that would not make sense, would it? You might as well say "they used the taxi for dialysis" as being equivalent to "they used the taxi to get them to the ER to get them to the dialysis unit."

Obviously, you are attempting to wiggle out of the bind that you've tied yourself into. I still maintain you fabricated your "iillegals getting dialysis in ER" story.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Sure:

You made the very authoritative claim "I can tell you that illegal immigrants in El Paso use the emergency rooms in El Paso for dialysis on a routine basis". There's only one logical meaning of this statement: you witnessed illegal immigrants being dialyzed in the ER.

Otherwise, if what you meant to say was they used the ER as a transit point to get them to the dialysis unit in some other part of the hospital, that would not make sense, would it? You might as well say "they used the taxi for dialysis" as being equivalent to "they used the taxi to get them to the ER to get them to the dialysis unit."

Obviously, you are attempting to wiggle out of the bind that you've tied yourself into. I still maintain you fabricated your "iillegals getting dialysis in ER" story.
I am done with you. You completely misinterpreted my post. Your problem, not mine. I am moving on. I have zero tolerance for posters like you.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I am done with you. You completely misinterpreted my post. Your problem, not mine. I am moving on. I have zero tolerance for posters like you.

Your whole case just went up in smoke. You have not established that the patients in the ER were 1). immigrants, 2.) illegal 3.) had renal failure 4.) needing dialysis.

Every item in this train of assumptions had to be proved, which you obviously failed to do. Better luck next time.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Your whole case just went up in smoke. You have not established that the patients in the ER were 1). immigrants, 2.) illegal 3.) had renal failure 4.) needing dialysis.

Every item in this train of assumptions had to be proved, which you obviously failed to do. Better luck next time.

Look, every person with a modicum of intelligence understands that ERs are a triage - they stabilize the patient, decide what is wrong with the patient then either 'fix' the patient if it is there capability to do so (stitches, rudimentary X-rays) or admit the patient to the hospital for things like surgery and oh, I don't know -- dialysis.
That you refuse to grasp that is not pommymommys fault.
As to the problem of illegals using/abusing the ER system has been substantiated already in this thread.

If you want to hang on semantics - thats your deal. The rest of us have been able to follow the thread and understand the ramifications of illegals draining our already overstrained hospitals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies