Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Hang in there, Finn. You are once again the good guy I once knew. You are doing your normal job of hanging in without showing consternation and that is why I always respected you. I have to go to work now but you don't need me reading to help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sorry that I just found this thread, Finn. I have to mention the fact that our National World Day of Prayer wasn't recognized by our President and, in fact, nothing took place in DC that day. However, today the Muslims had a day of prayer in DC at which they expected to have 50,000 people. How do we accept the fact that our leader calls off the Christian day like he did and gave his assent to those Muslims for essentially they same thing.

Yeah, yeah, I know what you think about me and Christianity and Islam but I would like to have you or anyone else answer my question. Let me announce to the others here that I think you are a good Christian gentleman but that you are wont to knock Christianity when Islam is part of the discussion.
President Obama made a proclamation for the National day of prayer, but didn't make it a huge event like Bush Jr. did because he awknowledged that there are MANY faiths (and even Atheists) that are Americans. I for one am glad that Obama is not being lead around by fundamental christians and celebrates EVERY American equally, not just the christian ones.

Like the old saying goes, Two hands working can do more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
How do we accept the fact that our leader calls off the Christian day like he did and gave his assent to those Muslims for essentially they same thing.
He didn't give them anything. They decided to pray on their own, and they can practise their religion just like anyone else. It's in the constitution.

Quote:
you are wont to knock Christianity when Islam is part of the discussion.
That is a lie.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
You tore artsyguy a new one with that question.
Not exactly. Jesus did write the 10 commandments. The God, the son and the Holy Spirit is/are one and the same.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
the commandments of jesus: the complete list

Quote:
You tore artsyguy a new one with that question.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Nice Googling!

The irony is in how the words of many Good Christian Posters here violate so much on that list, so often.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:26 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Congratulations. A minority feels safe to exercise their rights to peacefully assemble and practice their religion. You should be very proud of your country.
If we are to have separation of church and faith then thats the way it should be for ALL, not just when Christians meet. Yes, I feel we are a very lucky country for this, but I am also very aware of hidden agendas.

If their mission is pray for the heart of AMERICA they can began by addressing the extremists of Islam and denounce the countries that support it, also, make the corrections of their faith that supports Sharia Laws.

Praying for America what a crock!!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
President Obama made a proclamation for the National day of prayer, but didn't make it a huge event like Bush Jr. did because he awknowledged that there are MANY faiths (and even Atheists) that are Americans. I for one am glad that Obama is not being lead around by fundamental christians and celebrates EVERY American equally, not just the christian ones.

Like the old saying goes, Two hands working can do more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer.
Wonder if we could compare this to............ when Jesus told Peter he would deny Him before the rooster crows!!!!

National Day of Prayer is just to THANK GOD for OUR COUNTRY and if our President is a Christian he should have had no problem with it.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Like I said most Christians are morons. They use their denomination like it's some cult where the power hierarchy is the true agenda. Jesus never did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Nice Googling!

The irony is in how the words of many Good Christian Posters here violate so much on that list, so often.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:13 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
It's just about impossible to find out really if Christianity or Islam is the fastest growing religion because most of Christianity's growth is in the 3rd world. But sources that aren't Wiki Answers and Yahoo Answers seem to indicate Christianity is the fastest growing religion in the world, not Islam.

Is Islam the Fastest-Growing Religion? Guess Again - News Bloggers

Christianity taking over planet?

Foreign Policy: The List: The World’s Fastest-Growing Religions

The important fact is that Europe is becoming Muslim while the rest of the world is becoming more Christian, except for the middle east of course. Africa is exploding with Christianity-the people there can't get enough. In 1900 less than 10% of Africa was Christian and now it is 50%.
It's growing by leaps and bounds in China also but it's hard to come up with actual numbers because many converts are in underground house churchs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies