Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 05:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

The news about the Muslim takeover of the world was greatly exaggerated.

The right has been pushing hard to convince the nation that Christianity is under attack and that the left is trying abolish the whole religion.

In their partisan rage, they fail to see what it really going on.

Some examples:

- China. There are over 70 million new Christians in china, and Christianity seems to be reshaping the whole country. Many churches have ran out of seating and people crowd in the hallways. I expect world's largest churches to be built in China in near future.

- United States. Have you noticed the flood of new Christian movies such as Fireproof and Gifted Hands being watched by millions of Americans?

- Africa. Christianity is by far the fastest growing religion in Africa. Twice as fast as a matter of fact.

- Asia. While the Muslim population is currently greater than Christian population, Christianity still grows at a higher rate than Islam. This is an amazing fact, since Muslim birth rates are much higher than Christian's, yet Christianity spreads faster. This is because the number of live converts is beats the high birth rate of Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
While I admit that I would rather live in a world "dominated" by Christianity vs. one "dominated" by Islam.... I much prefer a world dominated by people who adhere to a more pluralistic, philosophical and open "religion," such as Buddhism.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:05 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

WikiAnswers - What is the fastest growing religion
LiveLeak.com - ISLAM: The Fastest Growing Religion In The World

The U.S. Center for World Mission estimated in 1997 that Christianity’s total number of adherents is growing at about 2.3% annually. This is approximately equal to the growth rate of the world’s population. Islam is growing faster: about 2.9% and is thus increasing its market share. At this rate, Islam would surpass Christianity as the world’s main religion by 2023 CE.

Islamic Invitation Centre - fastest planet

The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is the second largest religion on the world and also the fastest-growing religion. Nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques in this country have been built in the past 12 years as Islam becomes established traditionally Christian communities.

CNN - Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world - Apr. 14, 1997

By far the greatest rate of growth is among the poor, among blacks and in third world countries

Old 09-25-2009, 07:35 AM

250 posts, read 563,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
While I admit that I would rather live in a world "dominated" by Christianity vs. one "dominated" by Islam.... I much prefer a world dominated by people who adhere to a more pluralistic, philosophical and open "religion," such as Buddhism.
Guess we share the same view. Dominance is horrifying. I need my freedom to do whatever!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Buddism is growing pretty fast in Europe. Not sure why.....

Old 09-25-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

WikiAnswers - What is the fastest growing religion
LiveLeak.com - ISLAM: The Fastest Growing Religion In The World

The U.S. Center for World Mission estimated in 1997 that Christianity’s total number of adherents is growing at about 2.3% annually. This is approximately equal to the growth rate of the world’s population. Islam is growing faster: about 2.9% and is thus increasing its market share. At this rate, Islam would surpass Christianity as the world’s main religion by 2023 CE.

Islamic Invitation Centre - fastest planet

The second-largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam is the second largest religion on the world and also the fastest-growing religion. Nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques in this country have been built in the past 12 years as Islam becomes established traditionally Christian communities.

CNN - Fast-growing Islam winning converts in Western world - Apr. 14, 1997

By far the greatest rate of growth is among the poor, among blacks and in third world countries
Apparently they were wrong in 1997.

There are far more people converting into Christianity than into Islam. As a matter of fact, if it were up to free choice, and not birth, Islam would soon seize to exist. Of course the number of Muslims is still increasing, but it is almost purely due to the fact that they are born into their religion as opposed to converted into it.

"Human by birth, Christian by choice". You know.... as opposed to just "Muslim, by birth".

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-25-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinda94 View Post
Guess we share the same view. Dominance is horrifying. I need my freedom to do whatever!
With Christianity you have that freedom.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
With Christianity you have that freedom.
Hahahahahaha!

Now that is funny!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
I think atheism/none is growing faster than any religion. And that's a great thing.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:44 AM

271 posts, read 251,593 times
Do you really want to see china become a Christian nation with nukes? At least the communists are stable, Christians want to help bring in the apocalypse, and you want the Christians to have that kind of power? If it were not for the sane half the progressives in this country the world would be a cinder now. Just what the world needs more Christians with nukes. If this does not prove god does not exist nothing will.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies