Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 PM

454 posts, read 795,838 times

Advertisements

Tasteless and unintentionally hillarious. The organizers should be forced to explain their actions to some old-school nuns.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Not at all, but this one made the hair on the back of my neck stand up...

YouTube - Jesus Camp Extract Praise Bush
Gross as well....but you do understand no tax dollars paid for this. This was a private group. The teacher in New Jersey who did the Obama song was in a PUBLIC school. Get it??? You do know the difference between "public" and "private" right?????

Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Gross as well....but you do understand no tax dollars paid for this. This was a private group. The teacher in New Jersey who did the Obama song was in a PUBLIC school. Get it??? You do know the difference between "public" and "private" right?????
I was asked if the Obama video creeped me out and I responded as to what actually did creep me out. Why do have a problem with that? Again, it was last February during "Black History Month" and the kids were celebrating the first black POTUS. The right wing is most obviously running out of steam if this is what their engine of Obama bashing is running on.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,858,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I was asked if the Obama video creeped me out and I responded as to what actually did creep me out. Why do have a problem with that? Again, it was last February during "Black History Month" and the kids were celebrating the first black POTUS. The right wing is most obviously running out of steam if this is what their engine of Obama bashing is running on.

I don't care if people are celebrating, yellow, pink or purple history month (which these history months in themselves are quite silly). It is fine to celebrate the "office of president" but to make songs about the specific president....in a public school.....plain wrong. Parents have a right to be outraged over this.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
You guys are short on principle and abundant in shallowness.

The principle of the matter is that NO President should be held to such a high-esteem that kids in school are singing his praises and chanting his policies. Period.

It's about the principle, not the person. Why am I not surprised that the forum liberals are not offended? of course, if it was George W. Bush, they'd be beside themselves with anger. You folks are the laughing-stock of the nation and can't even see why. Shameful.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 PM

454 posts, read 795,838 times
Um, aerogoy, I'm a liberal and disagreed with it upthread.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I don't care if people are celebrating, yellow, pink or purple history month (which these history months in themselves are quite silly). It is fine to celebrate the "office of president" but to make songs about the specific president....in a public school.....plain wrong. Parents have a right to be outraged over this.
The fact that they'd use Black History Month as a defense shows that they are incapable of processing the real problem with this stunt. I find that to be particularly sad.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:27 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,815 times
This is already a running topic.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies