Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Israel military attacks on Iran's nuclear centers?
yes 96 64.86%
no 43 29.05%
other 4 2.70%
not sure 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times

Advertisements

Disregard/meant as a new post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 09:39 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
if israel attacks iran the whole middle east will go up in flames
Can you look anyone in the eyes and honestly say that you think Israel would attack Iran? The other way around seems a lot more likely.

And here's another thought: maybe this whole thread is facing in the wrong direction, and Iran is actually preparing to get another shot in at their recent enemy...Iraq. Think about it: Saddam Hussein is gone, Iraq is only a barely functional nation. And it has the additional disadvantage of having been the aggressor the last time it met Iran on the battlefield. Perhaps the Iranian government hasn't forgotten past offenses, and sees an opportunity to take revenge.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Can you look anyone in the eyes and honestly say that you think Israel would attack Iran? The other way around seems a lot more likely.

And here's another thought: maybe this whole thread is facing in the wrong direction, and Iran is actually preparing to get another shot in at their recent enemy...Iraq. Think about it: Saddam Hussein is gone, Iraq is only a barely functional nation. And it has the additional disadvantage of having been the aggressor the last time it met Iran on the battlefield. Perhaps the Iranian government hasn't forgotten past offenses, and sees an opportunity to take revenge.
Funny thing, I was just reading some analysis from late 2001 when talk began about invading Iraq and this was one of the key concerns raised at the time. It fell upon deaf ears then and it will likely fall upon deaf ears now.

If there was a target in mind for Iran, it seems quite clear that Iraq would be the logical choice.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
That's one of the most inexplicable theories I've ever seen on CD.

Iraq currently has a Shi'a-controlled government that is in Iran's pocket, courtesy of George W. Bush.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:03 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The raw materials needed to make mustard gas are Sulfur, Chlorine and Ethylene.
Iraq used VX nerve gas in the an-Anfal campaign. They also had developed anthrax, having been licensed by the Reagan administration to receive raw materials for that, after their record of use against the Iranians was a settled and sealed fact.

Quote:
As for the rest of your speculation about me, you have never met me and, aside from my posts on this forum, know nothing about me.
Your posts are pretty clear.

Quote:
I have criticized Carter on numerous occasions for not installing a new govern met in Iran when the Shah fell because our exit has caused five wars to date that have cost millions of young people their limbs and lives. When Iran brings us war, and they will, I hope our young people will not face nuclear weapons. You may wish to deceive yourself into thinking we can broker some sort of peace with these people, but that is the same brand of naiveté that Carter had back in 1979 and why we still are heading to an armed conflict with Iran today.
You've criticized Carter on so many mutually contradictory grounds, it's hard to keep up. If Carter can be criticized for anything, it's ever opening his trap when the Soviets tried to clear out the fundamentalists in Afghanistan--not for declining to start a war on behalf of the Shah, who nobody wanted.

We are heading to a conflict with Iran today for the same reasons we were in 1979, you are right about that. But the reasons are American arrogance, belligerence, and masochistic devotion to our Israeli "allies".

Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 AM

14 posts, read 22,339 times
Exclamation they ll gona write more amount of american in corpsepool,ME

I do not like more israeli attack nuke centre,it shall hurt them,both But america if want to give a hand it sure can,yu know why?cause its got used to die in eastlost mesopotamia ,Israel!try be a meal fit for king,,hahaha.Persians are superior in war than you throughout lifespan of earth...the rest is up to you,Persians dont fight they hunt,they r'nt Arabs they're something different,ooo if they wanna die hungry of oxygen they'll get the uranium but spread in their smokefilled air....

Old 09-26-2009, 11:10 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
I hope the United Nations is able to accomplish something with Iran. Iran has only about a month left.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:16 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,594 times
If Israel can make the case that their security is at risk and strikes, they have my support. I might fall left of center and I don't think there are any angels in the region, but Iran is among the most detestable of regimes.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:21 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
If Israel can make the case that their security is at risk and strikes, they have my support. I might fall left of center and I don't think there are any angels in the region, but Iran is among the most detestable of regimes.
At risk?? wtf****.... how idiotic are you? A country with illegal nuclear weapons at risk??
I for one would support a strike at Israel's nuclear faciilites...

Old 09-26-2009, 11:22 AM

11,298 posts, read 18,888,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Funny thing, I was just reading some analysis from late 2001 when talk began about invading Iraq and this was one of the key concerns raised at the time. It fell upon deaf ears then and it will likely fall upon deaf ears now.

If there was a target in mind for Iran, it seems quite clear that Iraq would be the logical choice.
Agreed (and great, interesting, post Fred314X).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies