Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Wasn't always like that. I think the 1980 election of Reagan was a turning point. Liberals couldn't stand him or the Reagan revolution. Being "flag wavers" was the charge liberals applied to conservatives at the time.

Regardless of what people say, if you have an American flag in your home, you know why, and that make the opinions of others of little consequence.
actually that was not the beginning, the 60s or is it was, the beginning. It was excellerated by the Reagan years when he brought patriotism back to our country and many of us were truely proud to be Americans and wanted the world to know how we felt about our country and our flag. For all those who don't see the wonderful country we live in, you know the Phrase "America, love it or leave it". This doesn't mean I think we are perfect or always right, but we do live in the best country in the world.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 06:26 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,114 times
This reminds me of when "Flag Burning" was deemed a constitutional right by the Supreme Court. The State Legislators of Louisiana immediately passed a bill stating that "assaulting a flag burner was a $50.00 fine." Needless to say, there weren't that many flag burners in Louisiana.

Old 09-26-2009, 06:54 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I have an American flag on my house. Some of my liberal friends mock me for having it and I don't know why. I would assume both liberals and conservatives are patriotic and wouldn't see anything wrong with displaying a flag in their home.
On your house?

Might be a decor issue

One persons "tasteful" is anothers "tasteless".

Last edited by plannine; 09-26-2009 at 07:34 AM..

Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left wingers are h*ll bent on destroying or denegrating all American traditions. They want it to fit in with their no personal responsibility, no respect for anything and no sense of decency lifes.

They cannot grasp the fact that the flag is not only a symbol of our country but for all the men that have died so they can spend their life whining. Want to bet these same America haters would be up in arms if you burned a gay flag?

At least this drunken flag burner took responsibility for his disgraceful actions.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:00 PM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I heard this story on the radio. I admit I'm skeptical of it but if witnesses say it really happened then a lesson was learned.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:14 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Some of us love our country despite its blemishes. And others can only rant and rave about what's wrong with it. Most of those people that I encounter are liberals.
Good post stan4, one of the reasons we Texans love our Texas flag. It & the US flags still means a lot to us and what we stand for and believe it's worth fighting for.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:19 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Well, some sick rednecks will be doing some jail time, we can see.

Damn the bloody stars and stripes to hell.

A typical hateful response from the "hate America" crowd.

The kid deserved it. I took a few whippings when I was a kid for poor behavior and it certainly changes behavior. Too bad the country is so soft now and we cannot properly discipline those people who step out of line. Liberalism has taught undisciplined kids to whine and call for a lawyer. like a spoiled brat. The legacy of the 1960s that has helped to ruin American- lack of responsibility and no fear of punishment for deviant behavior.

It is probably the best thing that ever happened to the kid and the first time anyone ever disciplined him. Shame on his parents.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:30 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because the concept of patriotism has been hijacked by insane nationalists for several generations in this country.

If you were a truly "patriotic" German from 1933-1945 would you have wanted to display your flag if it could be avoided?

Typical insane liberal rant.

Here is a hint- it is not the flag, it is what it symbolizes. This kid was pissing on the grave of the soldier who died defending it.

A "patriotic" German in the 1930s would have stood up to Hitler, as many did and paid for thier patriotism with thier lives. Many left the country as well and set up opposition groups outside the nation.

That is the difference between patriots and liberal whining babies. Patriots will take action, while liberals are compelled to whine and complain until someone gives them a bottle. I wonder how many "liberals" have sacrficed anything for thier country or have actually rolled up their sleeves and worked to support the "causes" they champion? Probabaly zero. Work and patriotism requires a break from wine and bree and would be too much of a trouble. Sacrifice is for the little people.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:43 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The kid deserved it. I took a few whippings when I was a kid for poor behavior and it certainly changes behavior. Too bad the country is so soft now and we cannot properly discipline those people who step out of line. Liberalism has taught undisciplined kids to whine and call for a lawyer. like a spoiled brat. The legacy of the 1960s that has helped to ruin American- lack of responsibility and no fear of punishment for deviant behavior.
I am not particularly liberal--maybe socially liberal, more libertarian. I think the anti-spanking crowd is nuts. But there is a slight thing you are overlooking:
the man assaulted was not the child of the redneck chicken-****ing thugs who assaulted him.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:53 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
That's because they see no future. They live for the moment and for their personal peasure no matter who or what it harms.
The entire liberal movement just described in a few words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies