Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:34 PM

22,096 posts, read 19,303,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Best Joke of The Day Award!
Evidence? links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 11:12 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,807,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Who is labeling anyone who opposes Obama a racist? I have seen that claim made by those on the right many times, but other than comments directed at the birthers I have rarely seen those on the left suggest someone is a racist just because they happen to oppose Obama.
Maybe you need to pay closer attention

Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Some things that have never been done or said against another President (You lie!!) are being said and done to this one.

at the 9/12 rally. There were lots of racial signs against him.
Where have you been the past 8 years? "Bush Lied! People died!" was the mantra of the Left for years after we got into the Iraq War.

Got any pictures of "racial signs"? All I've seen are signs expressing dissatisfaction with what is going on in DC right now. I saw some signs that could be called "insulting" but none that were "racial".

Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Where have you been the past 8 years? "Bush Lied! People died!" was the mantra of the Left for years after we got into the Iraq War.

Got any pictures of "racial signs"? All I've seen are signs expressing dissatisfaction with what is going on in DC right now. I saw some signs that could be called "insulting" but none that were "racial".
If you look on those tea party threads, there are lots of pictures of racist signs. Obama called a "homie", all sorts of references to Kenya, a sign about Obama being a "Lying African". Now none of these slurs are overtly racist, the tea partiers were too clever for that. They are more veiled.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,284,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Give me a break

Who yelled out "YOU LIE!!" while President Bush had a joint session of congress?

Show me one clip, one, where one guy yelled that at him?

I'm not talking about booing, or hissing, thats normal. I'm talking about yelling at the President of these United States.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,770,499 times
A lesson in ideological criticism

Liberals to Bush:..................................Conservativ es to Obama:
Nazi.............................................. .....Nazi
Fascist........................................... .... Fascist
Moron............................................. ....Moron
No right to the Presidency......................No right to the Presidency
(stolen election)....................................(not a citizen)
Corrupt........................................... ....Corrupt
Liar.............................................. ......Liar
Subverter of the Constitution..................Subverter of the Constitution

There are no doubt more criticisms that each president shares from their dogmatic opponents. I'm sure if Obama had the time, both he and Bush would kick back at the ranch and just laugh at the idiocy that was thrown at them.

An ideologue is an ideologue. No matter what team they are on, they read from the same playbook.

Last edited by geofra; 09-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: Adjust the formatting

Old 09-27-2009, 12:05 AM

38,601 posts, read 26,206,896 times
Quote:
I don't think everyone who criticizes President Obama is a racist. I've never called most of them one either.

However, there is undoubtedly some racism against him. Some things that have never been done or said against another President (You lie!!) are being said and done to this one.

People called President Bush a Nazi, because he was for spying on Americans without a warrent. He took away some personal freedoms, and invaded countries that didn't attack us.

They called him a idiot, because of a lot of the things he said. "Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, won't get fooled again"

While President Obama isn't immune to this, I get the feeling if I was in the room with him and President Bush, I think I could tell who is the smarter guy.

The reason racism is charged against some of Obamas critics, is because of the people that have come out to rallies against him. Look at the posters people used at the 9/12 rally. There were lots of racial signs against him.

We impeached Clinton because he lied.

Obama does more spying on US citizens including mining data from social networks and other public forums, he had a tell-on-your-neighbor website and wants authority to shut down the Internet any time he pleases.

I've been to three Tea Party rallies and have never seen a racist protest sign. Could be you're looking a plants. You do realize the Democrats had fake protesters, fake doctors and fake kids at their townhall meetings don't you? The woman who was holding the Obama/Hitler poster at Frank's townhall was a Larouchie who was deemed to be a Republican by the MSM.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:07 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,159,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post

There are no doubt more criticisms that each president shares from their dogmatic opponents. I'm sure if Obama had the time, both he and Bush would kick back at the ranch and just laugh at the idiocy that was thrown at them.

An ideologue is an ideologue. No matter what team they are on, they read from the same playbook.
_()__________________________________Lying African

_()__________________________________Homie

_()_________________________________Kenyan

Wife is a classy lady. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Wife is a monkey, a South Side ****,

Old 09-27-2009, 12:33 AM

24,450 posts, read 33,122,402 times
Quote:
People called President Bush a Nazi, because he was for spying on Americans without a warrent.
That was also done during the Clinton administration.

Quote:
He took away some personal freedoms,
What personal freedoms were taken away?

Quote:
and invaded countries that didn't attack us.
And had approval from Congress.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:44 AM

229 posts, read 347,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post

Yes, they are all crooked, but Bush did have no right to the presidency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies