Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I never said they couldn't Rayne. I do question the motives of foreigners who attempt to exert politcal influence.
I can't speak for others but for me it's for entertainment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 08:36 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
With all due respect, you do not know me "Rayne". Save your judgement for real life acquaintances.
That would be 'judgment', "pommy".

And since when do YOU have the say-so on who may post an opinion? It seems to me that you cannot handle any sort of disagreement, at which point you then try to stop that opposition from continuing in a thread.

Sorry, that is not how this forum operates.

As to the thread's topic, what makes you feel that you can stop people from other countries from forming opinions about Americans--especially when so many Americans are closed-minded, short-sighted, and suck up to any and all conspiracy theories?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:38 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Well, then feel free to point us all to the directive anywhere in this Politics and Other Controversies forum that says one must be a US citizen in order to post an opinion. If you cannot, then you ARE wrong.
If 5 pages of "You Are Wrong" can't make a dent nothing will...unbelievable!

Quote:
I never said they couldn't Rayne. I do question the motives of foreigners who attempt to exert politcal influence.
Why don't you leave that stuff to the CIA...or something...for pete's sake, what do ya think they're going to do?!

You want to worry about extremists...read what some of these AMERICANS are writing!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
I never said they couldn't Rayne. I do question the motives of foreigners who attempt to exert political influence.
Let me get this straight...

Are you saying that it is unacceptable to you (and you alone) for anyone born outside of this country to post an opinion related to American politics?

And...are you saying that in posting an opinion, the foreigner is exerting some magical political influence that we will tangibly see in our next election?

By your reasoning, that would mean that every American poster on C-D will be changing their voting habits based on a single foreign poster's opinion.

Sorry, that is simply ludicrous.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
That would be 'judgment', "pommy".

And since when do YOU have the say-so on who may post an opinion? It seems to me that you cannot handle any sort of disagreement, at which point you then try to stop that opposition from continuing in a thread.

Sorry, that is not how this forum operates.

As to the thread's topic, what makes you feel that you can stop people from other countries from forming opinions about Americans--especially when so many Americans are closed-minded, short-sighted, and suck up to any and all conspiracy theories?
I have no problem with people from other countries forming opinions. I do think it is wrong for these foreigners to post on U.S. forums with a political agenda.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I have no problem with people from other countries forming opinions. I do think it is wrong for these foreigners to post on U.S. forums with a political agenda.
Political agenda??? Like pointing out the craziness in the likes of Beck, Hannity, Limpballs and.....Oily Titz!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Political agenda??? Like pointing out the craziness in the likes of Beck, Hannity, Limpballs and.....Oily Titz!
Oily Titz? Limpballs? When do you think you cross the line with your vulgar references?

Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Oily Titz? Limpballs? When do you think you cross the line with your vulgar references?
What's vulgar to you may be humorous to others.....get a grip.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
What's vulgar to you may be humorous to others.....get a grip.
Not only is it vulgar, it is childish. I am out for now for an evening of fun with friends. Carry on.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Not only is it vulgar, it is childish. I am out for now for an evening of fun with friends. Carry on.
Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies