Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 05:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
racism pure and simple ....

remember when we had laws forbidding white girls to date black men? same twisted hate by some jews against the arabs
More religious nutcases than racism. There are people over here the same way. I know Catholics that will gladly let their white daughters date a black guy- as long as he is a Catholic. Same with other religions. I once had a female friend that was close but she broke it off after the Jehovas Witnesses got her. I have no use for religion. It is nothing but a trouble maker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Jews are an ethno-religious group. Its funny how similar their policies are compared to Nazi Germany. For example to become an Israeli citizen you must have pure Jewish lineage from all four grandparents. Even the Nazis were more lenient, one could pass as German as long as he had three German grandparents. Just like the Nazis, the Israelis are constantly pursuing more living space for the Jewish people despite violating international law. Also, its illegal for a non-Jew to marry a Jew in Israel. This policy is no different from race hygiene laws in decades past.
You only need one grandparent to be a Jew for you to be a Jew- your maternal grandmother. As long as the mother is a Jew, you too are a Jew.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Uh, no.

You can have a Jewish grandmother and still become a citizen of Israel. You can also convert to Judaism and become a citizen of Israel. I know this because it has happened countless times.

You are just saying these lies (which they are) because you have a hard-on for Israel.
Most real Jews do not consider reform Jews to be real Jews.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
That still sounds like discrimination and apartheid to me. How would you react if a country only allowed non Jews to become citizens? Israel is a disgusting regime built around the very concept of racism and exclusion.
Are you going to say the same thing about The Vatican?

Old 09-27-2009, 05:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I disagree. It is much more about jews marrying outside the faith and you get it the world over. The other aspect of this issue is that, for jews, the religion is transmitted through the mother.
Do they then do the same thing for Jewish girls who want to marry Christians?

Old 09-27-2009, 05:49 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,368 times
Quote:
Jews are an ethno-religious group. Its funny how similar their policies are compared to Nazi Germany. .
If you can't beat them, join them.

Quote:
For example to become an Israeli citizen you must have pure Jewish lineage from all four grandparents. Even the Nazis were more lenient, one could pass as German as long as he had three German grandparents. Just like the Nazis, the Israelis are constantly pursuing more living space for the Jewish people despite violating international law. Also, its illegal for a non-Jew to marry a Jew in Israel. This policy is no different from race hygiene laws in decades past.
Good post.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I wasn't going to bother before, but maybe there is someone on this board who will learn from my post. No, conditions are not perfect there by a long shot, but here's an article from 2 years ago when Palestinians were lining up to become Israeli citizens. Hamas and other militant groups tell them their families will be murdered if they join Israel.

Thousands of Palestinians apply for Israeli citizenship - Israel News, Ynetnews

You can go to the government site and read the many ways you can become a citizen of Israel. I can't find anything more recent, but I'm not trying very hard. This is from the Israel Minister of Foreign Affairs. I don't know if or what has changed in the past 8 years, but you never had to be a "pure Jew" to become a citizen of Israel. That's bull. Yes, it's a Jewish State, but that's like calling the U.S. a Christian State since most people here are Christian.

Acquisition of Israeli Nationality

Does not justify what Israel is doing to the Palestinians! Citizen or not, it is a human rights issue.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
If a Muslim woman converts to Judaism via the Orthodox legal system that controls conversions in Israel, then she is a Jew, period. Some will accept her as such and some will not, but that's no different from any other group of people or religion. If she does not convert, then their children will not be Jewish, and that is why the posters refer to the father as "lost" because they are actually referring to his lineage going forward - he will have no Jewish descendents. His line is lost to the Jewish people. This is entirely valid within the context of the religious beliefs. People are still free to believe and practice as they believe. If you have objections, you can be an atheist or a Unitarian, but any attempts to ridicule a people's belief system (so long as that belief system does not call for the rape and murder of others as part of some holy war -- cough, cough) is tantamount to being INTOLERANT and oh my gosh, you wouldn't want to be THAT, would you???
This is a highly intolerant attitude; Convert or we will disown you and your descendents!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:28 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
I guess a lot of folks here don't realize that Hamas was killing women and children on the Gaza Strip to incite violence against Israel. This was reported by Human Rights organizations like Amnesty International and The Red Cross, so this isn't just something I read on a blog.

The author of the post that is the subject of this thread is well known for his hatred toward Israel. Many of the "facts" in books & articles he's written have been proven to be in inaccurate if not blatant lies. Yes, some Palestinians are treated poorly in Israel. So I guess the people who are condemning the Israelis also condemn the United States where people without health care die just because they can't afford treatment. I am a proud American, but I'm also not blind to my country's flaws and injustices. How many wealthy people are in prison? (please don't post about Bernie Madoff)

[URL="http://www.scottishfriendsofisrael.org/road_map_obstacle.htm"]
[/URL]

Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM

11,298 posts, read 18,885,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am a proud American, but I'm also not blind to my country's flaws and injustices. How many wealthy people are in prison? (please don't post about Bernie Madoff)

And in my view, that actually does make you a proud American. A true patriot isn't just one that loves their country no matter what it does, it's one who loves it so much, he or she is deeply hurt when they think it has gone off the wrong path and gives constructive criticism to try and change it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies