Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 AM

1 posts, read 1,065 times

Advertisements

It could be worse, they could be dating germans! Who knows what or who is in the bratwurst?
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1960 View Post
a local authority in israel has announced that it is establishing a special team of youth counsellors and psychologists whose job it will be to identify young jewish women who are dating arab men and "rescue" them.

The move by the municipality of petah tikva, a city close to tel aviv, is the latest in a series of separate – and little discussed – initiatives from official bodies, rabbis, private organisations and groups of israeli residents to try to prevent interracial dating and marriage.

israeli drive to prevent jewish girls dating arabs | sabbah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:50 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
So it becomes an issue when it involves a Jewish girl dating an Arab in Israel. Suppose we take a similar situation and move it to the United States...a nice Christian girl brings home her (Muslim, Jewish, pagan, fill-in-the-blank) boyfriend. Jump back--Mom and Dad aren't going to be smiling around the Thanksgiving turkey this year!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:49 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
It is racism plain and simple, but certainly no worse than a lot of Arab nations do. It just means that they are no worse or no better than their neighbors in this respect.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is racism plain and simple
In the last 10 years, 60 girls [Israelis] from Pisgat Ze'ev have gone into the [West Bank Arab] villages," he said. "And most of them aren't heard from after that."

There's a legitimate concern. And there's plenty of existing material documenting the lack on woman rights in conservative islam.

Here's a JPost articale on the same subject with a little less bias.

Group tries to halt Arab-Jewish dating in Jerusalem | Jewish News | Jerusalem Post

Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is racism plain and simple, but certainly no worse than a lot of Arab nations do. It just means that they are no worse or no better than their neighbors in this respect.
It is not about race, it's about religion.

Just read the article from the link that the post above mine provided and there is reason for concern for these girls.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:41 AM

487 posts, read 636,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is not about race, it's about religion.
Many Jews consider themselves to be a separate ethnicity. Think about it, they are very strictly against intermarriage and have been interbreeding for thousands of years, that alone would garner them as being separate and with unique characteristics. There are many genetic diseases that are far more prominent in the Jewish population than in the general population. There are many within the Jewish community who would like to keep their bloodline pure.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk99 View Post
Many Jews consider themselves to be a separate ethnicity. Think about it, they are very strictly against intermarriage and have been interbreeding for thousands of years, that alone would garner them as being separate and with unique characteristics. There are many genetic diseases that are far more prominent in the Jewish population than in the general population. There are many within the Jewish community who would like to keep their bloodline pure.
The extremely orthodox Jews have this view, but with the less orthodox Jews the person's religion is the factor. Many people that I know have relatives that converted to Judaism and this was totally acceptable in order to marry into the family. The link that was provided by the previous poster explains what the real concerns are with this dating problem in Israel.

Group tries to halt Arab-Jewish dating in Jerusalem | Jewish News | Jerusalem Post

Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
im glad we are not the only ones with loser fever

Old 09-29-2009, 11:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I always wondered if the Isralies were insane. Now I know it.

On the other hand if, big if, I had a daughter that wanted to marry a Muslim man, or any other religion for that matter, I would have the daddy to son in law talk, wihch would amount to telling him I had a contract on him if he should ever abuse my daughter.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,195 times
Madness.

I have no problem with the jews engaging their madness between themselves.

But it would seem that an extension of their xenphobic/sectarian/warped views through broader society, undermines that society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies