Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:49 PM

843 posts, read 1,299,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Have you noticed that the right wingers use an inordinate amount of silly grinning faces and head slapping icons? Just an observation.
I'm not a right winger.

: smack::s mack:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
First you misrepresent what I said in my post. Then you made accusations against me based on erroneous ASSumptions and insert topics that aren't even part of the discussion. Then you insult me with your "sweetie pies" and "let the grown people discuss these serious issues" crap. When I provide links and cites to back up my claims, you provide nothing more than a hand-wave and some smilie faces, along with more insults, but I'm posting drivel? And now you feign innocence and claim to not have wanted a fight?

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

You misrepresented me when you said I was a right winger. ASSuming, I guess.

Then you insert topics (teaching the Bible) in posts before I did.

Then you talk about how Roe v Wade is going to be overturned.

Yeah, I would say you post drivel.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
¨If schools allow any religious speech at the graduation ceremony, most are aware that they could face a lawsuit. But now, if they don't - according to the dictates of NCLB - they could risk losing federal funds.
¨A provision in NCLB mandates that if a school has any policy in place that curtails a student's right to "religious expression" as spelled out in recent government guidelines, it could lose its federal funding.¨

Religion-free zone? | csmonitor.com

The falling back on namecalling and frantic attempts to divert, because you´ve got nothing, is SOP rightie ¨argument¨ style.
That's great. What's yout point? I'm not a rightie.

We were talking about creationism being taught in the classroom. Not about a prayer being said at graduation.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post

I wonder which subject was cut in Burlington NJ so the kids could learn the "Obama song"? Yeah, that was good stewardship of the childrens' time by the educational system.
Oh, perhaps the same number of subjects that were cut so kids from schools in the Gulf Coast could learn the "Bush song" they sang to Laura a couple years ago.
Quote:
At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, children from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.

To the tune of Hey Look Me Over, about 100 young children from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

. . .

Out of the Mouths of Babes - Washington Wire - WSJ
Where were you whining about whether this was good stewardship of the childrens' time by the educational system back then, huh?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, perhaps the same number of subjects that were cut so kids from schools in the Gulf Coast could learn the "Bush song" they sang to Laura a couple years ago. Where were you whining about whether this was good stewardship of the childrens' time by the educational system back then, huh?

Bush isn't president.

You all finally got what you wanted. Bush and Cheney out of office.

Yet, you still keep talking about them.

You're obsessed.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:06 PM

7,961 posts, read 9,171,188 times
Quote:
Oh, perhaps the same number of subjects that were cut so kids from schools in the Gulf Coast could learn the "Bush song" they sang to Laura a couple years ago. Where were you whining about whether this was good stewardship of the childrens' time by the educational system back then, huh?

Seems like the common denominator in this equation is stupidity from the educational system in how they spend their time. I guess you just saw the word Obama, so of course that must immediately be followed by a Bush link. I just saw a waste of the students' time no matter which President they were singing about.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:22 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post

You misrepresented me when you said I was a right winger. ASSuming, I guess.
Really? Go copy and paste that post please. I'd like to see where I allegedly said any such thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner

Then you insert topics (teaching the Bible) in posts before I did.
What??
Quote:

Then you talk about how Roe v Wade is going to be overturned.
I did? News to me. Would love a copy and past of that post, too, please.
Quote:

Yeah, I would say you post drivel.
And I would suggest that you try posting on the subject matter of the thread topic and stop making posts that are 100% filled with nonsense about me. You have a problem with me personally, report my posts to a moderator.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Really? Go copy and paste that post please. I'd like to see where I allegedly said any such thing. What?? I did? News to me. Would love a copy and past of that post, too, please. And I would suggest that you try posting on the subject matter of the thread topic and stop making posts that are 100% filled with nonsense about me. You have a problem with me personally, report my posts to a moderator.
LOLs.

I told you I find this converstion boorish. Please stop talking about Roe v Wade and calling me a right winger. No reason to respond. I'm tired of this.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:27 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,919,602 times
[quote=Chatteress;10944098] While we are at it, let's get rid of the top heavily, overpaid management and pour more of the funding inside the classroom where teachers do not have to pay for the supplies out of pocket (which is ridiculus!).[/quote]

This is the same with higher education. While the UC system was trying to decide how much to raise tuition and cut our pay (staff and faculty) they gave over 6 million dollars in raises, perks, and the creation of new executive positions. These are the top 1.5% of the workforce within the UC system and they have NO student contact.

The money given to the school systems rarely make it to the classroom and to the rank and file that run the school on a day to day basis. It goes to the exec's.

Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
LOLs.

I told you I find this converstion boorish. Please stop talking about Roe v Wade and calling me a right winger. No reason to respond. I'm tired of this.

I'm sorry but you are beginning to look ridiculous. She isn't talking about Roe vs Wade nor is she calling you a right winger. It just sounds as if you are picking a fight with Jill. Can we get back on subject instead of having this thread highjacked by this useless arguments. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies