Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 03:47 AM

351 posts, read 375,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
links dont work, got anthing else?
Go try them again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 03:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
Maybe you would like to see the mentally insane carrying guns or even small children?

Absolute lunacy.

Our Gun Laws are encouraging morons and law breakers to get guns....You think this should be made more easy for them?

Absurd!
you just dont get it do you?

the 2nd Amendment is there for everyone. if you dont want law breakers/felons to get firearms, then keep them in jail. if you dont want the insane to have firearms, then keep them commited.

children? that is up to the parents to decide when their children can have firearms. my 9 year old daughter uses her AR-15 and Glock 17 quite nicely and shoots them on the range quite good.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Go try them again

sorry, keep getting

[SIZE=2]We haven't been able to serve the page you asked for.
[/SIZE]

Old 09-29-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Being unable to defend yourself is even more "foolish" and "senseless."
If the gun laws were much satricter, you wouldn't need to defend yourself from gun attacks. Why do you think other industrialised nations such as France, UK, Holland, just to name a very few, do not have our gun problem. They don't brag about having to carry concealed weapons because they simply do not have to carry guns for protection.
We created this situation with our macho b/s. Get over yourselves...guns are not needed in the general population but we make it that they are with our pathetic gun laws.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
you just dont get it do you?

the 2nd Amendment is there for everyone. if you dont want law breakers/felons to get firearms, then keep them in jail. if you dont want the insane to have firearms, then keep them commited.

children? that is up to the parents to decide when their children can have firearms. my 9 year old daughter uses her AR-15 and Glock 17 quite nicely and shoots them on the range quite good.
How proud you must be that your 9 year old can fire a gun. Words fail me!
Go to Beirut, 9 year olds can fire guns there too.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
How proud you must be that your 9 year old can fire a gun. Words fail me!

anyone with a brain and even some without a brain can fire a gun.

My daughter can shoot, and at ranges in excess of 200 meters with her AR-15.

good for the kids in other countries that can shoot, they are not my kids.

I am not telling you how to raise your kids, dont suggest to tell me how to raise mine.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:02 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times
Quote:
anyone with a brain and even some without a brain can fire a gun.

My daughter can shoot, and at ranges in excess of 200 meters with her AR-15.

good for the kids in other countries that can shoot, they are not my kids.

I am not telling you how to raise your kids, dont suggest to tell me how to raise mine.
Teaching Children how to use lethal weapon.....you must be soooo proud!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Teaching Children how to use lethal weapon.....you must be soooo proud!

living in the UK I can see how you would expect your cops to protect you, even after the fact of someone breaking down your door and robbing you blind.

I teach my daughter, so later on in life if the decision comes about to use the ability of self defense, she already knows how to use it, rather than rely on the cops who are always after the fact or never there in the 1st place.

as far as being proud, pride has nothing to do with it, common sense should be more the word, and you also have to remember that neither the cops, nor the fed have to protect any individual at all, just the general public.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
living in the UK I can see how you would expect your cops to protect you, even after the fact of someone breaking down your door and robbing you blind.

I teach my daughter, so later on in life if the decision comes about to use the ability of self defense, she already knows how to use it, rather than rely on the cops who are always after the fact or never there in the 1st place.

as far as being proud, pride has nothing to do with it, common sense should be more the word, and you also have to remember that neither the cops, nor the fed have to protect any individual at all, just the general public.
What are you talking about?
Cops are called here all the time to deal with violent crime.
Where do you get this idea that we are safer because we carry guns?
If our gun laws were fit for todays society, your daughter would not need to learn how to fire a gun.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:11 AM

Fifth year of falling crime in London

Knife crime 'not increasing' | UK news | guardian.co.uk

BBC NEWS | UK | Recorded crime figures show fall

This should work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies