Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:18 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,826,707 times

Advertisements

This, coming from a big, big liberal. Even they are starting to notice his failure. But, here he is, ready to jet to Copenhagen to lobby for the Olympics - stay home and start governing.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/216210

Quote:
The president's problem isn't that he is too visible; it's the lack of content in what he says when he keeps showing up on the tube. Obama can seem a mite too impressed with his own aura, as if his presence on the stage is the Answer.
I would argue with that first sentence. He is so overexposed, it is sickening. The man has the most gigantic ego I have ever seen, as the author here eludes to.

Quote:

They are heavily salted with the words "I" and "my." (He used the former 11 times in the first few paragraphs of his address to the U.N. last week.)

He answered by telling them what his predecessor had failed to do. This was effective for his first month or two. Now it is starting to sound more like an excuse than an explanation.
You will find that a running theme is his speeches. I, I, I, me, me, me.

This article = epic fail for obama. Read it, digest it, look at the excellent examples from this liberal author.

The truth will set you free.

the world is starting to take note of what some of us saw even before he was elected. An empty suit, propped up by slogans and images.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times
I agree, too much of anything is.....

But on the other hand I'm grateful he is helping the Rep. party and all people with other opinions to see what he really is about....

Obama is narcisistic person who thinks he can show the world how great he is by blaming others....
but he forget's one important thing. The longer he is doing that the more he shows he is big whiner and has no solutions, no ideas to solve the major issues other than blaming others...

A winner blames him self if he makes a mistake, a loser always blames others!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:41 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,397,760 times
While I rarely support anything this man does, I DO think that it's a good idea to go lobby for the Olympics. The Olympics can bring a huge amount of money to a city and country, and this is something that we need. Especially in Chicago. When most other countries are lobbying for them, their leaders go. We should too.

I think Obama made the right decision this time.

On being overexposed, yeah, he's definitely overexposed. The Office of the President should be one that's held to a very high standard and respected. We're supposed to hear from them so we know what they're doing, but it's gotten to the point where you cannot turn on the TV and not see him. He's becoming a reality TV star, and not a President. It seems like he's in it for the fame, and not the country.

Good ideas shouldn't have to be SOLD to the American people. We're smart enough to figure out a good idea when we hear it. If you have to constantly be on TV pushing your agendas, that should be a sign to you that it's not a good idea. We're smarter than given credit for.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:53 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,582,317 times
The president's problem isn't that he is too visible; it's the lack of content in what he says when he keeps showing up on the tube. Obama can seem a mite too impressed with his own aura, as if his presence on the stage is the Answer. There is, at times, a self-referential (even self-reverential) tone in his big speeches. They are heavily salted with the words "I" and "my." (He used the former 11 times in the first few paragraphs of his address to the U.N. last week.) Obama is a historic figure, but that is the beginning, not the end, of the story.

Enough TV, Mr. President. How About Governing? | Newsweek Voices - Howard Fineman | Newsweek.com

I agree so much with this...he isn't saying anything but bashing the previous government which is hurting Obama him self....

Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,826,707 times
He continues to repeat the same old cliches and platitudes mixed in with his soaring rhetoric that very often contradicts subsequent sentences.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:01 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,679,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I DO think that it's a good idea to go lobby for the Olympics. The Olympics can bring a huge amount of money to a city and country, and this is something that we need. Especially in Chicago.
I live in Chicago, no thanks. Have it in San Antonio if you want it.

Plus, what did the "especially in Chicago" thing mean?

You have Iran developing Nukes, the world in a recession, N. Korea launching test missles into the pacific, afghanistan flaring up, recent foiled terrorist attacks here at home.... and Obama thinks the best way to spend his time is to take a vacation and lobby the IOC to let the GAMES happen here?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:13 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,601,887 times
WBHO will be the call letters for his new TV station. All Obama, all the time. Please call your local cable company and demand it, so other stations can resume regular broadcasting.

Last edited by ElizaTeal; 09-28-2009 at 08:53 AM..

Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM

15,442 posts, read 21,258,966 times
I simply turn my TV to the Weather Channel when Obama comes on. I have learned a lot about weather since Obama took office but now wonder why there have been so many pregnant anchors at the Weather Channel? I find that this is a preferable mystery to ponder rather than to worry about why the Democrats think the health care system is now going broke but didn't believe Social Security was going broke when Bush was in office. Actually the mystery of health care, Social Security and Democrats is simple when one considers what American leftists want for America.

Now if someone can just tell me where the Weather Channel found meteorologists named Jennifer Lopez and Betty Davis. . . And why?

Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,397,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
I live in Chicago, no thanks. Have it in San Antonio if you want it.

Plus, what did the "especially in Chicago" thing mean?

You have Iran developing Nukes, the world in a recession, N. Korea launching test missles into the pacific, afghanistan flaring up, recent foiled terrorist attacks here at home.... and Obama thinks the best way to spend his time is to take a vacation and lobby the IOC to let the GAMES happen here?
I mean Chicago's economy is in the tank and could use an economic boost. You can't deny that. Chicago is an awesome town. One of my favs to visit, but honestly, it could use a boost.

Yeah, we've got other problems around the world, but people keep p***ing and moaning about the economy. Here's a chance to really spark a community and it should be done.

He's not disappearing off the face of the Earth. AF1 has everything he needs to stay in touch and do his job. It's a good idea to try and get the games here. It would be great for Chicago.

I can't believe you made me defend Obama. You should lose rep points for that

Old 09-28-2009, 08:40 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,330,406 times
You all must look for him.

I didn't see or hear about or of him all weekend.
Even the local news didn't mention him - (if they did, it was without picture or video of him).

Guess you must be watching for him.
Or was it the channel you were watching, did it's best to cover him 24/7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies