Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:34 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
This is why your posts can't be taken seriously. I'd love to see the link that Bush said he attacked Iraq because "they tried to kill my daddy".

I don't see how anyone can be SO very blind to anything not far left wing. It's amazing.
"'After all, this is a guy that tried to kill my dad at one time,' Bush declared at a political fund-raiser in Houston in September 2002. Considerable doubt has since arisen around the incident Bush was referring to, a supposed plot by Saddam to blow up the former president with a car bomb on a visit to Kuwait in 1993. But there's little doubt that Bush himself believed what intelligence officials told the family after that incident: that Saddam planned to murder not just George W.'s father, but the other family members visiting Kuwait with him: his mother, Barbara, his wife, Laura, and his two youngest brothers, Neil and Marvin. The incident cast a long shadow in the family. According to family intimates, the Bushes felt they were at risk so long as Saddam remained in power."

Fishing for a Way to Change the World | Newsweek Politics | Newsweek.com

That article reminds us that Bush didnt go into the WH planning to reap revenge, but it does say, "Bush's struggle to vindicate his family and outdo his father predisposed him toward completing a job his dad left unfinished."

But speaking of amazing, this excuse is the best:

Bush Gog and Magog | Andrew Brown | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

the original - http://www2.unil.ch/unicom/allez_sav..._Gog_Magog.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 09:37 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
...than Obama, seeing as he inherited a complete DISASTER. People think you can do a 180 overnight, make the country perfect, when it took years to destroy.
No because I don't have the patience or tolerance for nonsense. I would have been impeached on Day 2.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 AM

718 posts, read 2,079,662 times
Why don't they bring back consumer paid interest as a tax deductible item as it was it year's past? For whatever reason that was deleted years ago. Want to jump start the economy? Maybe if the interest you were making on your car purchase or that refrigerator purchase or your credit card debt was a tax deductible line item....then purchasing would be jump started without a huge influx of taxpayer dollars into the economy. How about a tax deduction for one year for everyone...not just first time home buyers of $15,000 as has been bandied about? Then perhaps some of the inventory languising on the market would be sold and a buyer would have a tax credit for oh say, 3-5 years....incentives for all..."Freakonomics" at work.
A president with zero military background is beginning to be a huge problem internationally as well.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
...than Obama, seeing as he inherited a complete DISASTER. People think you can do a 180 overnight, make the country perfect, when it took years to destroy.
A republic like ours is difficult to make change work. I think the presidents have to lie to us for our own good. In defending the country they can not always say the truth as it could endanger men/woman in the field.
Lieing about economy is also needed because so much of the economy is based on psychology. the last 2 years of Bush when unemployment was under 5% we were told how bad the economy was. The constant barrage of that psychology aided in the extent of the down fall. I would love an economy with under 5% unemployment again.
Now a full dictactorship is easy to create change they can just kill and hate those that do not go along

Old 09-29-2009, 12:37 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Oh don't get me started on this... Queen LuckyGem would reign supreme!
As long as you didn't eat or sleep, ever. Maybe they'd get you even then.

H

Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Do you REALLY not understand the difference between telling a lie and acting on BAD information?

Did Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and Nancy Pelosi also LIE about WMDs??

Give me a break. It is the height of intellectual laziness and dishonesty to resort to "Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq" every time someone calls out Obama for being dishonest.

And just as I expected, crickets. When liberals get called out on this, they ALWAYS ignore it.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
And just as I expected, crickets. When liberals get called out on this, they ALWAYS ignore it.
I'll bite but I'd have to go back and read the thread up until the point of your question...I just responded to the OP. BRB

Originally Posted by jdevelop2
Do you REALLY not understand the difference between telling a lie and acting on BAD information? Yes I do understand the difference.

Did Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, John Kerry, and Nancy Pelosi also LIE about WMDs?? Probably. I won't pretend that I know exactly what they said.

Give me a break. It is the height of intellectual laziness and dishonesty to resort to "Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq" every time someone calls out Obama for being dishonest. It's also childish and unproductive.

Last edited by nat_at772; 09-29-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Acutally, I have no political designation. I was just asking. Really, NOTHING on this political forum is constructive anyway, so why should my thread be any different.
I'm sorry to hear you say this. This was actually a very good thread topic IMO regardless of which side started it. And if this forum and all its opinions are irrelevant you aren't saying much for yourself or your lack of a life for posting here.

H

Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'll bite but I'd have to go back and read the thread up until the point of your question...I just responded to the OP. BRB
PM me if you manage to figure out the point he is making. Near as I can tell he is trying to say 'everyone lied', not just 'W'. That is a real stretch since 'everyone' did not have access to the top level information 'W' had. Politicians lie. I somehow can find it in my heart to forgive a politician who lies in an attempt to get America out of the social backwater of frontier town Capitalism and into the rest of the mainline 'First World' than a politician who lies in order to further debase his country's reputation in the world to satisfy military special interests. Can you see a difference?

H

Old 09-29-2009, 01:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
PM me if you manage to figure out the point he is making. Near as I can tell he is trying to say 'everyone lied', not just 'W'. That is a real stretch since 'everyone' did not have access to the top level information 'W' had. Politicians lie. I somehow can find it in my heart to forgive a politician who lies in an attempt to get America out of the social backwater of frontier town Capitalism and into the rest of the mainline 'First World' than a politician who lies in order to further debase his country's reputation in the world to satisfy military special interests. Can you see a difference?

H

The point is VERY simple. The above mentioned Democrats as well as many others believed the same BAD information as Bush. You have NO evidence that Bush had intelligence the Democrats didn't have which told him there were no WMDs in Iraq.

Lying is lying and should not be tolerated from ANY leader. Bush may have been a lot of things but one thing he was was brutally honest. You HAVE NO evidence that he EVER lied and I get sick and tired of people posting crap they make up as they go just because they hate the man.

Is it IMPOSSIBLE for Bush haters to just stick to the FACTS???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies