Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM

27,215 posts, read 46,787,895 times

Advertisements

“My family’s seen it up close too much with assassinations and violence in political life. It’s a terrible thing when people think that in order to get their point across they have to go to the edge of violent rhetoric and attack people personally,” Kennedy told the nurses, union officials and AARP members finishing their breakfasts at the invitation-only event in the Providence Marriott hotel. “It’s fine for people to debate the issue and attack the issue, but when they go and stoop to the level of the vitriolic rhetoric that we’ve seen this debate turn up, it’s very, I think, dangerous to the fabric of our country.”

-----------
Kennedy is the only member of Rhode Island’s congressional delegation not to have hosted a public forum devoted to health-care legislation moving through Congress. Saturday’s event, hosted by the AARP, was open to the media, but attendance was limited to a select group that largely supports a health-care overhaul.

Kennedy warns of potential violence | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Maybe this Kennedy should study history...check who he family was involved with...maffia, they slept around, etc...and we only have to watch a crime show to see that these are ingredients for murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,478,303 times
i kid you not the fascists are scary. was threatened on the freeway by thugs for the obama sign during elections. the good life is about to scale down and the fascists would rather have a lota homeless than give up what they got. their 40 year old child is so looking forward to going maui again this year. those subcontracts full of illegal staff generate a whole lota money.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:19 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,736,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
“My family’s seen it up close too much with assassinations and violence in political life. It’s a terrible thing when people think that in order to get their point across they have to go to the edge of violent rhetoric and attack people personally,” Kennedy told the nurses, union officials and AARP members finishing their breakfasts at the invitation-only event in the Providence Marriott hotel. “It’s fine for people to debate the issue and attack the issue, but when they go and stoop to the level of the vitriolic rhetoric that we’ve seen this debate turn up, it’s very, I think, dangerous to the fabric of our country.”

-----------
Kennedy is the only member of Rhode Island’s congressional delegation not to have hosted a public forum devoted to health-care legislation moving through Congress. Saturday’s event, hosted by the AARP, was open to the media, but attendance was limited to a select group that largely supports a health-care overhaul.

Kennedy warns of potential violence | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

Maybe this Kennedy should study history...check who he family was involved with...maffia, they slept around, etc...and we only have to watch a crime show to see that these are ingredients for murder.
For Kennedy to compare people who oppose the Dems' health care reform proposals and over-the-top spending to Oswald, a communist tool, and Sirhan Sirhan, a Palestinian extremist, is despicable. But not unexpected.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 PM

It is almost hilarious what this Kennedy said...his uncle was murdered by a communist...!

Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 PM

20,476 posts, read 12,402,260 times
Kennedy was right. Communists are violent.

Just look at what happened in Pitsburg last week. VIOLENT LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF!

Just look at what happened in the streets during the GOP convention VIOLENT LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF.

Just look at what Nancy "stretch" Pelosi spoke about 2 weeks ago. She referenced the violence that took place in and around the killing of Harvy Milk... LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF AND KILLING PEOPLE.

Anybody catching the pattern here?

Old 09-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Kennedy was right. Communists are violent.

Just look at what happened in Pitsburg last week. VIOLENT LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF!

Just look at what happened in the streets during the GOP convention VIOLENT LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF.

Just look at what Nancy "stretch" Pelosi spoke about 2 weeks ago. She referenced the violence that took place in and around the killing of Harvy Milk... LIBERALS BREAKING STUFF AND KILLING PEOPLE.

Anybody catching the pattern here?
I have to admit you'r right!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:42 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,110 times
The only violence we have seen has come from liberals. They are very dangerous and we should all keep an eye on them.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The only violence we have seen has come from liberals. They are very dangerous and we should all keep an eye on them.
From the Town Hall meetings? Hanging people in effigy is not violence? Shouting people down is not violence? All this was done by conservatives. There was some shouting done by liberals, but I do not recall reading about liberals burning anyone in effigy.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
From the Town Hall meetings? Hanging people in effigy is not violence? Shouting people down is not violence? All this was done by conservatives. There was some shouting done by liberals, but I do not recall reading about liberals burning anyone in effigy.
I guess you're new to the political spectrum? You weren't around when the left was doing this with Bush's effigy?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
I guess you're new to the political spectrum? You weren't around when the left was doing this with Bush's effigy?
Yes, I was, but I thought we were talking about the Town Hall meetings. Silly me. Also, I was responding to this:
Quote:
Believe me, the day dcsldcd decides to keep an eye on ME will be a cold day in H***!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies