Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Basically, Obama reversed an order that prohibited the US from granting aid money to any country or organization that allowed abortions.

He did this not because he supports abortion but because this law made our country hypocrites. We as a country legally allow our citizens to have abortions so for us to tell other countries they shouldnt is hypocritical.

No one supports abortion. People support the right to choose to have an abortion. There is a huge difference. Anyone that says Obama supports abortion is a fool. Supporting something and supporting people's choice to do something is to different things.
thank you for explaining in plain English!

Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
Now i am a 17 year old who is a Democrat who likes obama...and these "Republicans" can go to hell for all i care (well ok maybe not but republicans are VERY DISRESPECTFUL). now my pastor said that obama signed the Mexico city sumthin...meaning he supports abortions...but my teacher went into details as what exactly is abortion...which this controversy is merely stupid cuz a woman cannot be responsible for an abprtion if that what u call it when she has a miscarriage and the baby dies(assuming the woman was healthy)...sometimes i wonder...but then again...

Why are people so rude to posters??

Anyway, it appears that you posted here to see if what you were told was true. I hope you have received an explanation or have at least been given some keywords to help you do your own research.

And for the record, some of the adult posters here might also want to brush up on your basic skills. If the OP is 17, at least they have some type of excuse. Geesh

Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Yeah, I'm right. You're wrong. You'll see it someday. Can't help if common sense isn't prevalent in your line of thinking.

Nothing about your post is common sense. You have apparently never read a word of the proposed health plan. If you did you would know that it does not include free health care for everyone as you clearly said in your post. The public option that you are likely referring to is basically a government sponsored insurance plan in which participating parties will pay PREMIUMS. You do know what premiums are, right?

Here is some info from congress for you to view:

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/hr3200_publicoption.pdf (broken link)

Please post one reliable source that proves one single thing you posted as true. Good luck.

Don't be feeding your misinformed bull**** to people. You can have your opinion but at least base it on FACTS.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:19 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Nothing about your post is common sense. You have apparently never read a word of the proposed health plan. If you did you would know that it does not include free health care for everyone as you clearly said in your post. The public option that you are likely referring to is basically a government sponsored insurance plan in which participating parties will pay PREMIUMS. You do know what premiums are, right?

Here is some info from congress for you to view:

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/hr3200_publicoption.pdf (broken link)

Please post one reliable source that proves one single thing you posted as true. Good luck.

Don't be feeding your misinformed bull**** to people. You can have your opinion but at least base it on FACTS.
Just like that, huh? One sheet explains this whole bill controversy. Wow.

Thousands and thousands of pages (that most of Congress hasn't read), explained in one PDF. Maybe if you'd have enlightened Congress with your PDF file we wouldn't be here.

Please.

Regardless, you've threadjacked this from the OP.

And you're wrong.

I could post links until I'm blue in the face, but you wouldn't change your mind, so I'm not going to bother.

Just know that you're wrong.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
Quote:
Basically, Obama reversed an order that prohibited the US from granting aid money to any country or organization that allowed abortions.
Didn't the prohibited "family planning" include issuing condoms? I thought I remembered something about organizations were faced with losing their U.S. funding or stopping giving out condoms to, say, HIV-infected or at-risk women in Africa.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Didn't the prohibited "family planning" include issuing condoms? I thought I remembered something about organizations were faced with losing their U.S. funding or stopping giving out condoms to, say, HIV-infected or at-risk women in Africa.

I think I read that too but I dont know how true it is. The entire thing was just odd.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:55 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,439,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post

I believe it was more like, facilities that give out condoms and discuss other family planning and health issues, including adoption and disease prevention, would lose ALL of their U.S. funding if they even so much as MENTIONED that abortion was an OPTION, let alone provide them.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Now i am a 17 year old who is a Democrat who likes obama...and these "Republicans" can go to hell for all i care (well ok maybe not but republicans are VERY DISRESPECTFUL). now my pastor said that obama signed the Mexico city sumthin...meaning he supports abortions...but my teacher went into details as what exactly is abortion...which this controversy is merely stupid cuz a woman cannot be responsible for an abprtion if that what u call it when she has a miscarriage and the baby dies(assuming the woman was healthy)...sometimes i wonder...but then again...
man you are all over the place. First, last year you seemed to totally hate all democrats, now you do like republicans and you post something that no one can follow, or I certainly can't. Your teacher has no business even discussing this with you and the class. It sounds like he/she tried to explain something that went over your head, they didn't know what they were talking about or whatever. He/she may have been referring to the term, aborted the baby, meaning miscarriage, but that isn't what is meant when we are discussing Obama signing any bill.

You need to do some research before you post on here.

Nita

Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
well all i remember from the conversation is this mexico city papers he supposedly signed where u go to mexico have an abortion and taxpayers pay for it (i do no belive this but if true then it is...)
This is what I meant by doing more research. He can't sign something like that. And no, nothing even similar to that has happened.

Nita

Old 09-29-2009, 03:42 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
We have a ton of threads on abortion....don't need another one, especially one started on a half-assed rumor and no background checking before posting.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies