Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Revolution every 100 years or so is a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
As the protesters shouted in 1968, "The whole world is watching." That is a humiliating thought: What a mockery it makes of all that America is supposed to stand for. Those preaching sedition give no serious contemplation regarding the consequences of their actions, nor do they realize that they are not entitled to govern...they lost the confidence of the majority of the population, and therefore lost the election. Instead of taking the moral high ground and acknowledging the loss, they choose to hope that the nation fails, that the president be overthrown, that only they are allowed to govern. Nothing done by President Obama since January comes close to the treason being perpetuated by the irrational few, who have been quick to show disdain for the laws and traditions of the country that they profess to love. In truth, they only love America when they are in control. That is a far cry from patriotism and love of country...it is rejecting all that America once stood for.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:08 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Lay-off the "Red Dawn" you've watched 1,000 too many times.

This is becoming more nuts by the day. I do not think i can ever be associated with the Republican party in its current form.

The lowest and most unintelligent members have finally come to power and taken over the party. Its days are numbered and i think many of you who support this craziness should you decide to internally attack this country the backlash will be pretty severe.

I've said it once i'll say it again. The republican party continues to turn former younger members like myself away every day. I'm actually glad Obama got elected, because for some reason a few years ago i did not think people like this existed in America.

It is only a matter of time until the intelligent conservatives say "enough is enough" and take back the party. However, most likely the current Republican party as we know it will cease to exist and a new party will form.

DON"T YOU GET IT NO ONE WANTS TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH WACKOS AND CRAZY, HATEFUL, UN-PATRIOTIC, WAR MONGERS!

This is coming from a younger person that voted for Bush 2000 and 2004 and was a card carrying member up until 2006.

Independent i shall remain. I cannot even listen to conservative talk shows anymore, they've gotten so low brow and offer no intelligent debate. I was listening to one today and the moron harped on the gifts the Obama's gave out during some dinner for more than 2 hours. It was ridiculous.

Not only that the moron on the air then said he was an American Dictator who was a softy on the World Scene? Come on a softy Dictator? I mean, which one is it? He's either a dictator or a World-Wide softy he cannot be both, but maybe he's secretly "batman" by night and a Kleenex by day.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Didnt work in 1861, aint gonna now

Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,039 times
Quote:
Yeah. Look at the good it has done in Latin America. Let freedom ring amigo!

Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
We had one in 2008, apparently you didn't get the invited.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We had one in 2008, apparently you didn't get the invited.
It won't last, it's already splitting at the seams.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:01 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
As the protesters shouted in 1968, "The whole world is watching." That is a humiliating thought: What a mockery it makes of all that America is supposed to stand for. Those preaching sedition give no serious contemplation regarding the consequences of their actions, nor do they realize that they are not entitled to govern...they lost the confidence of the majority of the population, and therefore lost the election. Instead of taking the moral high ground and acknowledging the loss, they choose to hope that the nation fails, that the president be overthrown, that only they are allowed to govern. Nothing done by President Obama since January comes close to the treason being perpetuated by the irrational few, who have been quick to show disdain for the laws and traditions of the country that they profess to love. In truth, they only love America when they are in control. That is a far cry from patriotism and love of country...it is rejecting all that America once stood for.
Oh, for crying out loud. One nitwit on a right-wing site posting his fevered wetdream and he's "preaching sedition". This plays right into liberal fantasies of the bad, immoral military. I know military people, and they don't think this way. This couldn't happen in this country. Go back and re-read Post 11, that poster has it right. It's all about money. This is no different than the Newsweek cover The Case for Killing Granny . It's good for sales.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What the hell is the matter with these people?
Well for starters they have a serious problem with democracy.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:07 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It probably brought 5000 new registered members to Newsmax, crazed with joy and ready to buy every product in sight.
Rest assured if the deed was carried out the threads on this forum would dwarf the celebration of Kennedy's death as seen on City Data prior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies