Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times

Advertisements

First they attacked United States-9/11
Then England London bombings and insulting the brave British solders.
Then India's Taj Mahal Hotel shooting
Then trying to take over Pakistan.
And then making a big deal in France about how they "Oppress them".
And now they're trying to get Germany.

The extreme Muslims MUST BE STOPPED.

Islamic threat hangs over Germany's national vote
Germany asks if Islam impedes on freedom of speech

I was eating breakfast and was watching the news when I also heard that Germany has set their defense levels higher because of Islamic threat last night.

My best wishes to Germany. I sincerely hope NOTHING horrible happens there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Finally, something we agree on

The Islamic extremists can't be contained by the Julian way. They need to get Octavian about it.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Finally, something we agree on

The Islamic extremists can't be contained by the Julian way. They need to get Octavian about it.
Yeah. I agree with Islam being a threat up to a point though.

Do remember that when I say Islam is a threat, I mean the extreme Muslims.

I go to Dearborn, MI (which is ARABIA in the United States) for school. It is all 90 percent Muslim but nobody here would do anything to harm you. They smile and welcome me into their stores and laugh and smile. Also, my best friend is a Muslim and has been one of the better people I have met in life. I recognize that some Muslims just want to live in peace and do not intend on harming anyone.

My issue is with the ones who proclaim Jihad and try to kill other people for their religion. My issue is with the ones who terrorize countries at a time because they disagree with their principles-such as treating women badly, beheading others, etc etc.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:57 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
First they attacked United States-9/11
Then England London bombings and insulting the brave British solders.
Then India's Taj Mahal Hotel shooting
Then trying to take over Pakistan.
And then making a big deal in France about how they "Oppress them".
And now they're trying to get Germany.

The extreme Muslims MUST BE STOPPED.

Islamic threat hangs over Germany's national vote
Germany asks if Islam impedes on freedom of speech

I was eating breakfast and was watching the news when I also heard that Germany has set their defense levels higher because of Islamic threat last night.

My best wishes to Germany. I sincerely hope NOTHING horrible happens there.
Old, out of date, news.

Why regurgitate old news?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Old, out of date, news.

Why regurgitate old news?
Maybe because just because it's old doesn't mean it is no longer true??? Just maybe??? What do ya think?

Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Maybe because just because it's old doesn't mean it is no longer true??? Just maybe??? What do ya think?
There is no threat.

Suggest that you familiarise yourself with Germany though.
And I also suggest that you start threads on more up to date topics.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:03 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,733,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

I go to Dearborn, MI (which is ARABIA in the United States) for school. It is all 90 percent Muslim but nobody here would do anything to harm you.
Is this a public school? If so, what is being done about this? If we had schools which were 90% white in urban areas, people would be up-in-arms, schools would be redistricted to create a diverse student body.

Trying to learn something about Dearborn, I was struck by the fact that a Muslim Principal is being sued for letting go a Christian coach.

------------------------------------------snip
[SIZE=2]ANN ARBOR, MI - The Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan announced today that a federal lawsuit has been filed against a Dearborn, Michigan high school, Fordson High School, and its Muslim principal, Imad Fadlallah, over the firing of Gerald Marszalek because of Marszalek's connection to a Christian volunteer coach.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Marszalek, who had coached wrestling for 35 years, had achieved a legendary status in the wrestling community. Earning more that 450 wins, and sending numerous wrestlers to various collegiate programs, he was elected to the Michigan High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame, named "Sportsman of the Year" by the All-American Athletic Association.
Marszalek's contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek.
----------------------------------------------------------snip
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It is estimated that 80% of the student population of Fordson High School is Arabic and most of those are Muslims. According to the lawsuit, Fadlallah has publically stated that he sees Fordson High School as a Muslim school.

[/SIZE]

Last edited by OhBeeHave; 10-07-2009 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Hit send too soon.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:06 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,332,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
There is no threat.

Suggest that you familiarise yourself with Germany though.
And I also suggest that you start threads on more up to date topics.
First of all the article cited is very recent. Islamic terrorism has been and continues to be an issue of great concern.

And how dare you make a blanket statement "There is no threat"?!?!
Are you privy to intelligence information not available to the rest of the world?

Old 10-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
First of all the article cited is very recent. Islamic terrorism has been and continues to be an issue of great concern.

Are you privy to intelligence information not available to the rest of the world?
Yes. It is very recent. Both of these articles were put up less than 24 hours ago.

There is a threat. I agree here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Is this a public school? If so, what is being done about this? If we had schools which were 90% white in urban areas, people would be up-in-arms, schools would be redistricted to create a diverse student body.

Trying to learn something about Dearborn, I was struck by the fact that a Muslim Principal is being sued for letting go a Christian coach.

------------------------------------------snip
[SIZE=2]ANN ARBOR, MI - The Thomas More Law Center, a national public interest law firm based in Ann Arbor, Michigan announced today that a federal lawsuit has been filed against a Dearborn, Michigan high school, Fordson High School, and its Muslim principal, Imad Fadlallah, over the firing of Gerald Marszalek because of Marszalek's connection to a Christian volunteer coach.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Marszalek, who had coached wrestling for 35 years, had achieved a legendary status in the wrestling community. Earning more that 450 wins, and sending numerous wrestlers to various collegiate programs, he was elected to the Michigan High School Athletic Association Hall of Fame, named "Sportsman of the Year" by the All-American Athletic Association.
Marszalek's contract was not renewed because of his association with a Christian volunteer coach, Trey Hancock, who the principal accused of converting a Muslim student to Christianity during a summer camp not connected with the school or Coach Marszalek.
----------------------------------------------------------snip
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It is estimated that 80% of the student population of Fordson High School is Arabic and most of those are Muslims. According to the lawsuit, Fadlallah has publically stated that he sees Fordson High School as a Muslim school.

[/SIZE]
OhBeeHave,

How ya been?

Well, great job on your research. Dearborn is honestly Little Arabia of USA. It has the biggest population of Islam/Arabs in the United States.

I am sorry that I was not clear. I do not go to a public high school in Dearborn. I go to University of Michigan regional campus in Dearborn for school.

But as I said, bear in mind that I understand that not all Muslims are like this. I am not afraid of going to Dearborn where 90% of the population is Arabic. They are very polite here and I feel welcome when I go to their family owned stores and gas stations. Also, my best friend is a Muslim. She has NEVER said anything bad to me and is one of the best people I know. It is the extremists I am very much again.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post

Its old news - news so old it's not news as such.

And like I said to Obo - familiarise yourself with Germany.

Good lad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies