Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I still recommend it. I've seen tons of cases of swine flu and it's not a pretty sight. It is not an "experimental" vaccine. The base is the same as the seasonal flu vaccine. The virus is H1N1. The viruses in the seasonal vaccine change annually. People who do not work in immunizations don't always understand this, including health professionals.
I agree with you Kat.

Huge difference between seasonal guess- work and KNOWING.

The only person in my township that died from the H1N1 flu happened in this past spring and he was 15 years old and had underlying complications (as in an enlarged heart/respiratory issues) due to his down's syndrome.

How horrible would anyone feel knowing that the risk of dying from the vax is so much less than infecting an immuno-compromised person when walking around in public during the full-blown contagious stage and eventually, although non-intentionally, (but some here on CD have said they will go to work as sick as a dog with parvo) causing someone elses death?

To each his/her own. Sleep sweet on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 09:31 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I have decided not to get the shot. I work in the health care setting but I am not in the at risk age group. I spoke with a doctor who is in the at risk group and he said there was no way in H he would take this shot. I am conflicted now about telling people to take this vaccine.I have read that many health care providers will refuse the vaccine. I cannot in good conscience recommend this vaccine although I did earlier.
What kind of a physician? DDS? DMD? Dermatologist? OB/GYN? Plastic Surgeon? Which risk group would that doc be in? 65 and older or under 2 years of age? Or preggo?

Everyone I know who practices emergency medicine and pediatrics can't get the vax quick enough. For themselves. The song is sung a little differently when you are in the trenches.

Just a fact.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:54 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times
Quote:
I still recommend it. I've seen tons of cases of swine flu and it's not a pretty sight. It is not an "experimental" vaccine. The base is the same as the seasonal flu vaccine. The virus is H1N1. The viruses in the seasonal vaccine change annually. People who do not work in immunizations don't always understand this, including health professionals.
Have YOU taken the shot yet?

Old 10-04-2009, 09:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Have YOU taken the shot yet?
I got the seasonal flu shot. The swine flu shot has not yet arrived in Colorado. I will get one when it gets here. Health care workers are at the top of the priority list.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
I got the seasonal flu shot. The swine flu shot has not yet arrived in Colorado. I will get one when it gets here. Health care workers are at the top of the priority list.
Ok, fine. Take all the shots you want. That's your perogative, and it's mine not to.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Ok, fine. Take all the shots you want. That's your perogative, and it's mine not to.
I have never disagreed with that.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Fine, knock yourself out then.

Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Well, sure, yeah, but, well, still, we'll all need someone we can sneeze on.

YouTube - Let It Bleed , The Rolling Stones,if you want it, well you can lean on me

Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Ineffectiveness And Dangers Of Flu Shots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies