Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times

Advertisements

Does she have to speak every week? Twice a week?, Bi-monthly? Monthly? I imagine she has other priorities as well, like her family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 08:08 PM

183 posts, read 114,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I'm really sorry you like many other Palin Followers don't see clearly her faults which are many... What was so hard about Couric's question as you put it a "Gotcha" question? "What magazines do you read"? Palin was an easy because well she is stupid. The media was all over her and rightly so, she herself was an easy target...

She was trying too hard to answer her stupid questions because she wrongly assumed fair treatment and was doing what she was told by the campaign. She was nervous and missed a golden opportunity to eat Couric's young.

The correct answer to her stupid question is "I own a computer. Why would I need a magazine?"

We're losing newspapers all over the country because print media is over.

Of course a lot has changed since last year. Now she writes for newspapers like WP and WSJ. I'm sure Couric has read her articles.

Gibson was as much a tool of the Democratic Party's slander campaign.

"Do you support the Bush Doctrine"?

Yes - headline reads: war monger Palin will continue the Bush polices of preemptive war

No - headline reads: Palin agrees with Obama position against the war and is at odds with her own campaign.

When the left wing spin machine didn't get the answer they wanted, they decided she must have not understood the question.

"I know something about the subject because, as the Wikipedia entry on the Bush doctrine notes, I was the first to use the term. In the cover essay of the June 4, 2001, issue of the Weekly Standard entitled, "The Bush Doctrine: ABM, Kyoto, and the New American Unilateralism,"

Charles Krauthammer - Charlie Gibson's Gaffe - washingtonpost.com

"Atranscript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context."

"The first edit shows Palin responding about meeting with foreign leaders but this was actually in response to a question Gibson asked several questions earlier"

ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview | NewsBusters.org

Old 09-30-2009, 08:13 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does she have to speak every week? Twice a week?, Bi-monthly? Monthly? I imagine she has other priorities as well, like her family
If she has 1070 invites, at one a day that would take roughly three years. That is excluding any travel time. She needs to get cracking.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:15 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
I hear that her ghost writers last book was for a terrorist. Should she be PAL IN around with these guys

Old 09-30-2009, 08:19 PM

22,157 posts, read 19,402,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
She was trying too hard to answer her stupid questions because she wrongly assumed fair treatment and was doing what she was told by the campaign. She was nervous and missed a golden opportunity to eat Couric's young.

The correct answer to her stupid question is "I own a computer. Why would I need a magazine?"

Of course a lot has changed since last year. Now she writes for newspapers like WP and WSJ. I'm sure Couric has read her articles.

Yes - headline reads: war monger Palin will continue the Bush polices of preemptive war

No - headline reads: Palin agrees with Obama position against the war and is at odds with her own campaign.

When the left wing spin machine didn't get the answer they wanted, they decided she must have not understood the question.

"I know something about the subject because, as the Wikipedia entry on the Bush doctrine notes, I was the first to use the term. In the cover essay of the June 4, 2001, issue of the Weekly Standard entitled, "The Bush Doctrine: ABM, Kyoto, and the New American Unilateralism,"

"Atranscript of the unedited interview of Sarah Palin by Charles Gibson clearly shows that ABC News edited out crucial portions of the interview that showed Palin as knowledgeable or presented her answers out of context."

"The first edit shows Palin responding about meeting with foreign leaders but this was actually in response to a question Gibson asked several questions earlier"

How was what she was asked not fair?? What would be a fairer question? What is 2 + 2??

Old 09-30-2009, 08:20 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,212,832 times
Quote:
I can't wait to see the reaction when her book goes to a second printing.

Now that will be delicious.
What would it signify? They are printing 1.5 million in the first run, she easily has millions more passionate followers, and millions of people curious enough to read it even if they aren't political.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still a small segment of the voting population. Doesn't change the fact that many Republicans wish she'd go away, and she won't get the GOP nomination in 2012.

What will she write her second book about?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:21 PM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."________H L Mencken

Smart man Mr. Mencken was.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post

Your quoting NewsBusters? A little biased wouldn't you say? I mean go to their website and it even smells conservative, gives me the willies...

Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,212,832 times
Quote:
Best joke all week. She's adept at slinging Trig under her arm wherever she goes, what's holding her back now?

Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,201,689 times
Quote:
I imagine she has other priorities as well, like her family
Oh, she all of a sudden found religion and put's her family first, get real...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies