Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the book is "Brilliant".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I'm sure the book is "Brilliant".
Well she didn't actually write the book so it probably will be. I just don't understand why the Life of Sarah Palin is more interesting then The Life of ______. We've got a million and three "Life of" books; are people expecting this one to revolutionize the world?

I do wonder though if she will spend the next few years going around the country on behalf of candidates who believe in the right things, regardless of their party label or affiliation or doing book tours.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
It has nothing to do with Sarah Palin; I've said this on other threads as well. It is just quite annoying to scan for interesting topics and see the same one several times. No who am I kidding...it's because Sarah Palin frightens me and seeing her name makes me cry...you know cause liberals are deathly afraid of Sarah...oh no I typed her name...I'm afraid..someone help me
Your frustrated that such a dimwitted super conservative hockey mom politician is so incredibly successful due to the slander that you bleeding hearts "liberally" doled out. Not only are you all ever so obviously frustrated and angry that her books are selling like mad... you people are exchanging some of the lamest jokes and other diversions that I have ever seen... and why are you doing this? So you can remotely feel better about the situation that has made you all so upset. If you really didn't care, which is far from true for any of you, there wouldn't be all these fickle little posts about repeat threads and how you aren't terrified of her. Give me a break... this "ooohhh yeah you think im sooo scared" kind of attitude should have been left at the door of your middle school.

Sarah Palin's success is eating you from the inside out...all of you, its hillarious and very entertaining to watch... You Betcha! *wink* *wink*

Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Your frustrated that such a dimwitted super conservative hockey mom politician is so incredibly successful due to the slander that you bleeding hearts "liberally" doled out. Not only are you all ever so obviously frustrated and angry that her books are selling like mad... you people are exchanging some of the lamest jokes and other diversions that I have ever seen... and why are you doing this? So you can remotely feel better about the situation that has made you all so upset. If you really didn't care, which is far from true for any of you, there wouldn't be all these fickle little posts about repeat threads and how you aren't terrified of her. Give me a break... this "ooohhh yeah you think im sooo scared" kind of attitude should have been left at the door of your middle school.

Sarah Palin's success is eating you from the inside out...all of you, its hillarious and very entertaining to watch... You Betcha! *wink* *wink*
In truth, the middle school behavior is the kid who taunts "you're really afraid of me" to deflect teasing.

It's laughable - conservatives do it with other topics as well. "The fact you're debating me shows that you're scared and threatened by my position, so I'm right, and I win."

When kids roll their eyes and say, "ooh, like I'm sooo scared" they truly are not scared, and their dripping sarcasm indicates just how ludicrous they feel the supposed "threat" is.

Palinites just can't stand to think that we find her a great source of amusement, so they revert to middle school retorts.

She's an easy target, though.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:

Actually, I think Palin is very interesting. The fact that she was able to take her humbdrum and rather unremarkable life and turn it into the media circus that it currently is, while being very profitable is quite amazing.

I'm definitely not afraid of her (my 17 year old little brother could probably beat her in a politics debate) but I am fascinated by her.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:

Sarah Palin does not frustrate me. Coming here and seeing five threads all talking about Sarah Palin's book frustrate me. Not because it's Sarah Palins book because I'm sure that all five threads are being posted in by the same people, saying the same things so why not merge them?

Everytime someone says anything that can be seen as criticism of Sarah Palin someone says "you're afraid of her" or "you're angry because her book is selling". I am not afraid of her and I am not angry that her book is selling. I am not upset and I do not need to divert from her book sales. I simply do not see the need in having multiple threads discussing the same topic: Sarah Palin's book.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Since everything has merged here can I just say my piece again? It's called "striking while the iron is hot" and everyone who gets any little bit of celebrity for any reason does it.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Didn't that, what's her name, Pelosi write a book that sold like several hundred copies ??

Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Amazon.com Bestsellers: The most popular items in Books. Updated hourly.

Number 2 at Amazon and it doesn't come out for another freaking 6 weeks - Amazing!

Actually that isn't too impressive. It isnt hard to get to #1 status on Amazon... there are tricks to that. Its all a game. and in the end who gives a $ hit? There is nothing that iiot has to say I would open my front door to hear, much less spend money for a cook... she probably didnt actually write.

What's "freaking" amazing is that anyone would waste a second on her. I would hope the Reps have a better choice in 2012. But then again if many dislike Obama and I know few find value in Palin... hmmm Nader in 2012... There;s the ticket

Old 10-01-2009, 06:22 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Well, can the notion that Palin would "write" a book come as a surprise? She had a legitimate political stage as Governor of Alaska, and she resigned the office. How else is she supposed to keep her name in front of the media? (An appearance on "Dancing with the Stars" is not something anyone should bet against...but I think she'll wait to see how the book sells).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies