Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM

18 posts, read 11,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Never seen so much fear over a politician before. She really has the lefts' panties in a bunch.
Yes, the hostility and venom directed at her is unreal. One doesn't have to be pro-Palin to realize that being anti-anti-Palin is completely righteous and just.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 05:19 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Palin was clearly way out of her depth.
"..way out of her depth"? What does that mean? Please explain (if you can).
Quote:
Why McCain ever made the mistake of selecting her as a running mate, is beyond me.

A political book, or a political speech, by her would contain too much gibberish for anyone to be interested.
Really? Have you listened to Nancy Pelosi recently? Barbara Boxer? That's just for starters.

Quote:
Palin could make a career in the media.
Quite photogenic and all that stuff.....................
Yeah...we know what you mean here. Stuff it. Get an education (isn't that what you people always tell us?).

Old 10-03-2009, 05:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I hear it's a big book, 400 pages, as David Letterman said last night you can use it to stand on to look for a better book!
Well, there are certainly no better books by any liberals. Why is it that conservatives always outsell the liberals?

Old 10-03-2009, 05:30 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,441 times
Because the hate books are all the reactionaries generally read.
Libs are busy with real literature.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:17 PM

299 posts, read 635,307 times
I have to wonder how SP will handle a book tour and questions from the media regarding the content of the book. Without a book tour, it won't do as well as expected but I can't see her cozying up to the press nor them praising her book after her comments regarding their treatment of her. Most of which I feel was fairly well deserved, although her minor children should be off limits. It's hard for me to understand the fascination anyone has with her or regard her as a possible future political candidate. How could anyone expect her to hold a future office after she's quit one state appointed position and one elected position both without what appears to be valid reason? She's just Sarah Palin, private citizen, nothing more.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:43 PM

18 posts, read 11,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
Because the hate books are all the reactionaries generally read.
Libs are busy with real literature.
Sarah Palin is the minority, the liberals are the reactionaries. Look at how they react towards her. They fear she will somehow upset the status quo or wake the people up to Roman Polanski-ism which is the current sick state of the West (wasn't like that always). Yeah, real literature, make me laugh....

Old 10-03-2009, 07:31 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,804,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiuss View Post
Sarah Palin is the minority, the liberals are the reactionaries. Look at how they react towards her. They fear she will somehow upset the status quo or wake the people up to Roman Polanski-ism which is the current sick state of the West (wasn't like that always). Yeah, real literature, make me laugh....
Yes, no sense in actual reading what the terms mean, rightists are like Queen in Alice in Wonderland, "it means what I say it means".

A lot of sickness the west for sure including Polanski, but rightest reactionaries are the sickest,

Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiuss View Post
She is a moron, that's why we react. Gee whiz...REAL LITERATURE...you betcha!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, there are certainly no better books by any liberals. Why is it that conservatives always outsell the liberals?
Because liberals have more reading options, and that prevents any one book from getting such high numbers. Conservatives have to read things they agree with, and more importantly, understand. The guy buying Palin's or Malkin's book probably isn't buying Proust as well.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Source please.

Read the headlines:
[URL]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/17/us/politics/17obama.html[/URL]

Book Sales Lifted Obamas’ Income in 2007 to a Total of $4.2 Million

How about this one?
[URL]http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-118791380.html[/URL]

Bill Clinton's ``My Life'' Sets First-Day Non-Fiction Sales Record at Borders Group Stores Worldwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Because liberals have more reading options, and that prevents any one book from getting such high numbers. Conservatives have to read things they agree with, and more importantly, understand. The guy buying Palin's or Malkin's book probably isn't buying Proust as well.
So true. I just had a thought. I wonder if the librarian in Wasilla will have Palin's book banned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies