Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Yep a link would certainly help!
I guess you have to do it yourself I didn't find it on Amazon but here's the B&N link

Barnes*&*Noble - Books, Textbooks, Used Books, DVDs, Music, Toys, Home & Gift

Quote:
Synopsis
Sarah Palin burst onto the political scene at the height of the 2008 presidential campaign and overnight became a national sensation. Adored by the right, bitterly reviled by the left, she is the most polarizing figure to emerge in American politics in decades. Yet for all the dirt digging and gossip that has surrounded her, very little is actually known about who she is, what she believes, and above all, about her plans for the future. In her new book, Sarah Palin tells the story of her Alaskan upbringing, her marriage and family life, her political career, her religious beliefs, and her meteoric rise to national prominence. With her customary blunt common sense, she sets the record straight about the many myths and lies that have been spun around her and lays out her vision for an America that is strong, independent, and free.
Well if it's well written it will probably do well. If it has a lot of "Obama's going to ruin the world" it will probably do better.

LOL anybody read the comments from the readers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I cant stand her but I would read her book if I didnt have to pay for it.
I hear it's a big book, 400 pages, as David Letterman said last night you can use it to stand on to look for a better book!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,676,948 times
haha one of the threads in the discussion section for her book: "Is it true that terrorist Bill Ayres wrote Obama's book??"

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Never seen so much fear over a politician before. She really has the lefts' panties in a bunch.
The RW sure wants to believe that "the left" is afraid of Sarah.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:07 PM

271 posts, read 251,720 times
She is an idiot, when people walked out on her last clown act in Hong Kong, it may be a view of things to come. I think her book which is not the top Amazon seller last I checked it was DBs new one, will have a serge then drop off. The mind numb neocons will make a rush to buy it but that will be about it. I could be wrong we will have to see. But the likes of Limburger will try to spin this as some kind of national sea change and it is nothing of the sort. Palin is DOA when it comes to politics, she may keep a place to razz up the mind numb base but that is about it. These people are admittedly stupid and they wear it like a badge of honor. they should be kept in cages.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I guess you have to do it yourself I didn't find it on Amazon but here's the B&N link

Well if it's well written it will probably do well. If it has a lot of "Obama's going to ruin the world" it will probably do better.

LOL anybody read the comments from the readers?
Thanks for the link, NJ.

Read the synopsis - it looks like a load of drivel.

The Clinton Tapes received a great review in the broadsheets here in Europe last weekend.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Default Palin; "Going Rogue"; Set for Early Release Mid Nov

initial first printing - 1.5 million copies.

Sarah Palin, a Soon-to-Be Publishing Phenom - WSJ.com

Sarah Palin, a Soon-to-Be Publishing Phenom

Quote:
Sarah Palin may no longer be governor of Alaska, but she's certainly destined to become a best-selling author. HarperCollins, her publisher, has announced the print-run of her memoir will be a staggering 1.5 million copies -- equal to the print-run of Senator Ted Kennedy's posthumous autobiography published this month. Publishing sources tell me that such a giant run is only ordered up when there is clear evidence from booksellers and surveys of massive interest in a book.

Number 1 on list - still 6 weeks out from debut.

This will be comedy gold - the reaction of the Left, that is. Can you imagine how the NYT will feel having to list her book at #1.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:29 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
initial first printing - 1.5 million copies.

Sarah Palin, a Soon-to-Be Publishing Phenom - WSJ.com

Sarah Palin, a Soon-to-Be Publishing Phenom

Number 1 on list - still 6 weeks out from debut.

This will be comedy gold - the reaction of the Left, that is. Can you imagine how the NYT will feel having to list her book at #1.
right along side Glenn Beck and Bill O'reilly! Now that's a hoot!

Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
Lynn Vincent, the other voice behind the Sarah Palin book | csmonitor.com

Quote:
Fair enough. November is holiday book-buying season, and Sarah Palin is a hot commodity. No reason to think Palin’s book won’t skyrocket to the top of the best-seller list. But let’s pause for a second: Did Palin really write “Going Rogue” all by herself? As MSNBC’s Chris Matthews noted back in May, “She’s got this book deal, she obviously is not gonna write it.”

Matthews was right. Palin had help.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that – unofficially, we’d estimate that 90 percent of the books published by politicians are heavily ghost-written. (A notable exception: Barack Obama, whose “Dreams from My Father” was considered by many critics to have real literary merit.) In Palin’s case, help came in the form of Lynn Vincent, a senior writer for the conservative Christian publication World Magazine.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
I look forward to checking it out of the library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies