Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Funny, liberals don't have any trouble with protesters holding up signs with pictures of victims of collateral damage in order to protest war.

These people aren't bigots or hatemongers. THEY BELIEVE that abortion is killing innocent BABIES. This is their right to believe and no one can say with authority that they are wrong. If people believe innocent babies are being slaughtered, shouldn't they DO EVERYTHING PEACEFULLY POSSIBLE to try and prevent it??

Sounds like you are not only a hateful person but also prone to violent fantasy. Sounds to me like it is you that the police need to be worried about, not some folks who are peacefully holding up signs.

I have seen plenty of antiwar protests, PETA protests, and gay parades that are certainly not appropriate for children to see. If you ban one protest that may be innapropriate for children, then you need to ban them all.

While I am not a pro-life protestor or any kind of protestor for that matter, if ANYONE ever lit a sign I was holding on fire, it would behoove them to have good dental insurance.

Your comparison of these pro-life protesters to the Westboro folks is not only ludicrous, it's shamefel. The Westboro people are preaching hate, the pro-lifers are, they believe, trying to save lives.
And in typical fashion, the OP eskercurve runs and hides after having the hypocrisy and lunacy of his argument called out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 02:59 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
Quote:
Funny, liberals don't have any trouble with protesters holding up signs with pictures of victims of collateral damage in order to protest war.

These people aren't bigots or hatemongers. THEY BELIEVE that abortion is killing innocent BABIES. This is their right to believe and no one can say with authority that they are wrong. If people believe innocent babies are being slaughtered, shouldn't they DO EVERYTHING PEACEFULLY POSSIBLE to try and prevent it??
So you call instigating extreme emotional responses like the one I had for these people "peaceful" ... wow, I'd hate to see what you think is downright evil. I think these people WANT a fight so they can skew the politics in their favor and play the victim of "leftist oppression" rather than a center-right person who is pissed off, which is what I am.

Quote:
Sounds like you are not only a hateful person but also prone to violent fantasy. Sounds to me like it is you that the police need to be worried about, not some folks who are peacefully holding up signs.
Note that it was not me in HS who did that, and neither am I acting out on my desires. There's a difference between fantasy and reality. Deal with it.

You're lucky I don't report you for ad-hominem attacks.

Quote:
I have seen plenty of antiwar protests, PETA protests, and gay parades that are certainly not appropriate for children to see. If you ban one protest that may be innapropriate for children, then you need to ban them all.
Note that in my OP I was asking "what should I do about it" not necessarily what I would do if I could. I'm more concerned about tasteful demonstration and there is a time and place for breaking or bending limits on taste. And bringing signs to busy intersections not even close to the clinics is neither the time nor the place.

Like I said in my OP, if you had cared to read it thoroughly, I wouldn't mind if they held the signs up facing the damn clinic, not for everyone to see, much less my friend's small child.

The others examples you put up are stupid. I personally agree PETA should be banned for what they do, some anti-war protests are lacking in taste, and gay parades are easily avoided if you think being gay is inappropriate for children Go tell that to my uncle. Go ahead, you'll get your face punched in.

And if you cared to look into what I was writing, I am not trying to deprive these people of their first amendment rights, I'm just wondering what I can do to limit how many innocent people and young children see these awful images without myself breaking the law.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:00 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,359,565 times
Quote:
And in typical fashion, the OP eskercurve runs and hides after having the hypocrisy and lunacy of his argument called out.

Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated. You have been reported.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:03 PM

15 posts, read 13,573 times
I'm pro-choice personally pro-prevention then pro-life. Saying that pro-choice means 2nd and 3rd term is okay is not accurate. We all voted, both pro-life and pro-choice, in the state of WA that late term abortions are wrong. Yes first term dose stop a haert but their is no brain or brain activity. I have gone to body world and seen the fetus'. Which is why I personally can not abort after the first term. I use birth control in differnt combos always on the pill, then condoms, foam and it can help for a guy to pull out. Pulling out is not effective birthcontrol it just reduces the amount of sperm inside a woman and the chances of sperm fertilizing the eggs.

Abortions should be used for rape, incest, young females, drug users, mentally unstable,and mutated fetus'. God created nature and in nature the mutations die off so the gene pool continues with healthy adults that are able to take care of them selves. That is evolution, the ability for healthy adaptations. As for adoptions talk about selfish, people have to have a baby or toddler and the color they want. Our foster system is overwhelmed by children and young adults. Tell there are no more children in need of a home I do not see the point in whining about possible babies being aborted. Having children is not a right it's a responsibility that many do not fufill.

Abortions should be regulated, it is not birthcontrol and I resent idots useing it as such. If some one is that irresponsible freeze some of their eggs for later and spay them. 1 abortion okay whoops here's a mandatory class. 2 abortions why didn't you learn, fine, contract and classes. 3rd you no longer deserve the privalage.

Have you seen the poor babies from drugies? They make me cry and when some of them grow up they are never able to lead a close to normal life. Sadly the moms still get to take them home and in cases where they don't get to the child ends up in foster or a group home for mentally handicap. No one wants to adopt a serverly disabled child. As a nursing assistant I've meet all types of people and I have friends that are angry at their parents for continuing to have children when their genetics cuase major health problems. It's depressing knowing your parents kept trying to have the perfect child and then threw you and your other siblings away so you don't pollute the perfect child. I've also meet the poster adults for how wonderful a handicap person can be and ones that make you wonder how they can be allowed in society for the danger they can and have cuased. I don't care if it's not their fualt they are handicap and think it's okay to molest, and or rape a child or another adult, they shouldn't be allowed out ever just like the normal sex felons.

Any hoot put money into contraciptives and time into your community so people have other activities besides sex. Prevent the needing to choose between pro-life and por-choice. Treat the cuase not the symptoms, Pro-prevention all the way.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 PM

494 posts, read 890,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Some people feel they need to take drastic measures when appeals to the heart and concious have had no effect. I would not like to see any of those pictures but people should be educated on what is being aborted, a baby, a human life and done so with little to no regard.
'Little to no regard'??? Smugly and self-righteously spoken like someone who has never been faced with that decision. Let me tell you, I HAVE been faced with that decision and I assure you I approached it with GREAT 'regard', consideration, and thoughtfulness.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes having a chance to live is important to pro lifers we are such bad people . is it not just horrible how we try to defend life.
So much better to be on your side and enjoy killing for the sake of money problems
Not all life is created equally (where's an animal right activist when I need one) and as for money yes that is important. Example of how important money is. Africa and for those that can not think of all the reasons why money is important Here we go: Feeding people, providing shelter, medical and education. oh and providing contraceptives so stds are not passed on.

Whats the point of bringing a life into this world if that life will not be cared for so it may eventually take care of it's self? It's rude and shelfish for pro-lifers to blanket the issues. Each case is differnt and unique. during times of famine abortions are very useful or would you rather the mother carried the baby to full term when she can not feed herself and the whole family risking both their deaths? oh and for those of you who don't care about the mom well if she dies who's going to feed the rest of her children. thats great yeah, have babies during disaesters so they can strave to death or die from an epidemic. Right now we have whole families losing their homes due to the horrible job market. We can not afford irresponsible people having more children that they can not take care of.

As a side note on adoption, if you are blessed with carrying a child to full term the chances of giving said child up for adoption is very remote. I've seen a few homeless mothers with infants living in the woods or on the street. If research was allowed on the fetus' that are being aborted we may be able to discover many medical break throughs. I am not saying we should abort more, I'd prefer less abortions. (in fact there are only about I think 20 something genectic strains in the world from aborted fetus' for research and the compainies that have them are making a mint) At one point it was illegal to cut up a dead bodys. Some of those break throughs would be about allevaiting barren uteras, cancer, diease and many others problems. I know a medical dream is to be able to grow babies of all races and species out side of the body. That would be awesome!! Barren couples being able to genectically create their own child and endangered species being saved.

I don't use god in my examples becuase god is nature and we have choosen to be outside of nature. We prevent nature from taking it's course to save lives and remove lives.

Every year, all seasons we have charity events for children. we do not have enough to take care of them and provide for them so frankly I would like people to stop being irresponsible.

Last edited by DustyDustbunny; 05-01-2010 at 11:55 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
You can not be sorta for abortions. either you are for them or you are not.
You might be shielding the truth from yourself by your words.
I feel sorry for you for failing to see the truth
Pro choice is pro abortion.
Sorry i will not play PC games
wow fanatic. lets break the "logic" down in this statement. this statement surpports extremists. It says you can not make rules or exceptions on varying cases you must prevent or punish all the way there is no middle ground.

An example of this logic would then be;
If you are against drunk drivers then you are also against people drinking.
If you are against child abuse then you are also against spanking the child.
If you are against terroist you are against all military.
If you are against druggies you are against prescription drugs.

as for the "I feel sorry for you for failing to see the truth" thats a lame excuse rightous zealots say to make them feel better about them selves and to put others down. Show some respect for others I don't feel sorry for you at all you are where you want to be just as the person you responded to has made their own descions. Debates are used in the hopes of educating others so they might join your cuase. Using debates to slander the opossing faction is wrong but it happens often. I want pro-lifers to keep to their personal beliefs and leave others alone.

If your into religeous aspect of this debate I'd like to point out that if the creator wants some one to be born they shall be, maybe not to the parents that aborted the fetus but to another loving couple that want the child. christen religeous debates end up going in circles.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
The disturbing paradox i see is that woman want to cry it my body and i can do what i want but you want to kill another human in their body. You cry you want to control your body but you control life and death in another's body
oh my god on the grammer here. I'm sorry as a person with dyslexia and disgraphy I really hate pointing out the grammer here becuase that is never a reason to judge a person. How ever I'm trying to translate this statement so I may address it.

wjtwet you are very dedicated to your point on veiw on the debate of pro-life vs pro-choice which you have been trying to point out if we are pro-choice then we are pro-abortion. The way you have phrased it is probmatic due to the fact that pro-choice dose not mean the person with that belife 100% approves any one going out and having an abortion for any reason let alone them selves. Yes we do approve others being able to choose abortion if they want it as an option to carrying to term. Yet it dose not mean we are going to clap them on the back. Each case is differnt just as each person is differnt. Pro-choice groups pour their money and time into sexual education. Providing information for adults or even children that want to have a child on the programs that will help them provide for the child and their own health, while also helping them get a college education or job training. Pro-choice also surrports the descison that a person may not be up to carrying a fetus at all.

There is a differnce between not wanting to be pregnate or changing your mind. I have never heard, read or seen a person that appoves of late term abortion. I am sure there are cases of it in that states that allow it but not in WA where I live. I do not know any female that can feel a baby move in side of them and want to kill it. In fact I know females who had to have an "abortion" due to the fetus being dead(miscarrage) or serverly impaired to the point that if it's not removed it will decay inside of her body eventually or die after being born. They where horrified and tramuatized.

If any one wants a late term abortion for other reasons besides medical or disasters, they need mental help. If it was rape they should of had an abortion ealier, if it was rape and they didn't know they where pregnate I vote for them being put under and the child being removed for adoption so they do not go through the experince of giving birth. it's the same result them not having to take care of the child yet more responsible and positive. how ever the story of the doc that was asked to do a late term abortion and kept the baby then filed for child surport was strange. I don't think the doc should of gotten in trouble for volunteering to take care of that life but sueing for child surpport was out of line. nother case of pro-lifer not wanting to provide money for other peoples children. yes there are a few cases where a pro-lifer and pro-choice takes a mother in and helps her out. I mainly just see ads that say we want your baby and will help with your medical costs. The only ads I see that say need some help for medical and living so you can take care of your future child are woman programs not individuals.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"What should be done about this?"

In a free society, I don't know that something SHOULD be done about this. You could counter their display with your own if you wish. If you are simply offended, well that is something that everyone experiences in the world from time to time.

As a side note, when was the last time you saw a pregnant woman and asked her how her fetus was coming along? I am not implying anything, actually fetus is the correct word for the unborn, but I have never heard anyone ask a woman how her fetus was.
ummm I do but then I also ask how their parisite is or hows the mini me or the munchkin, baby, cells, uterus and soo forth. I'm not average I'm a trained CNA and DA. While I know you are not Implying anthing on purpose you are aware that others can take you remark and expand on it. since you pointed out this possibility of expanding on it. I'm going to address it.

Females who are contaplating having an abortion do not tell many others. Therefore others can not comment on the fetus they are currently carrying and deciding if they shall go through the 9 months. When they do tell others those person do not refer to the fetus as a baby very often. They discuss their options and their current state of affairs.

I've had 4 pregnacy scares while on birthcontrol. Due to stress I did not have my cycle. Each time my main thought was I can't take care of my self let alone a child. I'm already on meds for depression how will that effect me or the possible child. I know I may want a child in the future with this man and we've discussed the possibility for the future. Can I give the child up if I manage not to commit sucide while pregnate or will I become auto attached when the child is born? Hmmm I know my aunt desperatly wants a child and it would be the greatest gift to her. Talked to aunt she would love the child how ever she was not sure I could handle the process due to all my problems. Jobless and current home mouse infeasted no one offered to take me in and take me out of that horrible enviroment. After looking at the situation from many angles and agonizing I found that if I become pregnate and it's past the first term I can not abort or give the child up to adoption even to my aunt. How ever if I catch the pregnacy before the 1st term is up I'm okay with not giving birth to a child that will be living in squaler due to me being unable to part with it or watch some one I love such as my Aunt raise the child their way with out me getting a say over the kid.

Yup I'm not self sacrificing, i'm not going to go through an experince that would be traumatic to me and then give the outcome of the experince up for adoption to some stranger that may raise the kid to be close minded or may not allow my biological child to participate in activities they would enjoy or god forbid abuse them. Yes I have plans for any children I have. Working my ass off so they can go to private school and other activities. Providing them with a home full of love and care and educational oppertunties and multiple ways for them to express them selves. First though I need to be able to take care of my self before I can share MY LIFE with another either a husband or a child. don't put the cart before the mule as the old saying goes. It's all a matter of point of veiw. If I did not see a child of MY BODY as being MY CHILD I would not mind poping one out and handing it off to a stranger. This is a societal veiw our communities have tuaght me this point of veiw. I have not been tuaght to veiw a pregnacy as no big deal, that blood is not thicker then water, that family dose not take care of it's own, that giving a kid up for adoption is a wonderful thing instead of a shame to your family. Since it is a confusion of beliefs on this issue i just rather avoid it. Logic is great but when it comes to our selves we are emotional, it's so easy to decide some one elses fate then your own, which is why it should remain a personal choice. If you take away choices you are saying no one matters but the ones that agree with you. extreme example that is overused: Hitler.

thank you medical and nature very much for birth control. I forgot the name of the island but it's where bunji jumping orignated there is a monkey that decides whether or not to abort a fetus using a native plant depending on the resources avaible. I thought that was amazing.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 AM

love the graph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies