Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,545,084 times

Advertisements

Pro-Choice = A woman has the right to control her body

Pro-Life = the government has the right to control a woman's body

I wonder how many pro-lifers have adopted unwanted babies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 01:43 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you actually do anything, or just put down people who have abortions? it is ok for you to traumatize children with pictures of 2nd trimester abortions as a justification for your pro life stance. how many children are getting abortions? do you work to get children in the system adopted? do you help support young pregnant teenagers? do you help promote sex ed in schools?
Well, to tell you the truth? In my family we adopt them.
What do you do to help?

Old 05-02-2010, 02:01 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDustbunny View Post
umm parent in that example was driving they can not cover the childs eyes. when children are in school parents are at work again they can not cover childs eyes. It's illgal for people to expose them selves in public and it's now illegal to show close ups of dead bodies on the news. why should the late term abortions be an exception. Those protester do not leave the area when children need to go outside. They pick schools becuase like terroist they want to get the biggest reaction out of the public. The know that parents do not want their children exposed. the want to cuase fear and horro in the hope that their cuase will be heard and that they will win.
the op:
Quote:
Recently I've come to the attention of some people near Poulsbo, WA, who like to protest planned parenthood clinics by standing outside with pictures of aborted fetuses

Now, this really torques me because when I was in high school in Chicago a group of pro-lifers came over to my high school
We're not talking about grade school and the op expressed outside a clinic. It is that which I addressed.
Quote:
As to helping your friend it's great that you where willing to and I hope you continue to surpport your friends. How ever you asked why she did not come to you and she responded cuase she new how you feel. You did not give you friend the impression that you would be there for her no matter her descion. When you expressed your point of veiw you did not come across as an understanding person she could go to or a person that will help her finachally with the pregenacy.
My friend and I met when we were in 6th grade at church. We went to middle school together and high school. As young adults we lived separate lives. She assumed things about me based on my character as she knew of me then. It was later in our lives and she had lost a pregnancy (still birth) that our paths happened to crossed again. It was at that time she told me she thought she was being punished for the abortion she had had. It was fortunate that we happen to meet up at a time when fate needed me to be there for her the most as emotional support.

Quote:
Having a hole in your emotions where your "loving family" should be is beyond understanding unless you have experinced it. how can a person explain the frusteration of all the documents you fill out meantioning family. How frusterating it is when the only people allowed to visit you when you are in a hospital or job corps has to be related to you. How your insurence, job discounts & benifits or basic laws only cover biological or adopitive families. My friends are my family, my friends have taken me in when i was in need. I am bombarded by comericals, movies and many other things that go on about family so even though I know better I try to contact and get along with my parents for a while. Repeatedly being hurt by them and having to threaten phoneing for police assistence. I'm here so I'll deal with it but I always wish they where not part of my life and am envious of others that acutally have what I consider to be a real family. I don't want others to go through a similar situation if some one is just responsible enough to releazie they are not in a position or capable of being parents I'm for preventing my circumstance from repeating through adoptions or abortions.

I've stayed away from them both for 7 years and no they are not married or live near each other. I'm young only 26 and always looking for that loving caring presence I can go to for comfort. The person that should "love me" no matter what that I can go to when ever I'm in need. I logically know that dose not exist between my parents and I but emotionally that never goes away.

yes once made it can not be taken back how ever if a person dose wish to take back an abortion, they will not have one again. So far a majority of the stories I heard about the regret of having an abortion is due to a medical problem later in life when the woman decides to have a child. Of course you will regret an abortion if you are unable to have a child later in life or if you convert to a new belife that says abortion is wrong. Regret for what might of been is similar to the grass is always greener on the other side. I've meet parents that regret having had an abortion ealier in their relationship but go over the reasons and say they would most likely repeat their descion if they went through the same circumstance again. People do learn when you give them the FREE WILL to make the descision for THEM SELVES.
There is none among us that do not have "holes" in our emotions based on the lack of support from some persons in our lives. Your young kiddo and you have your whole life ahead of you to figure it all out. You are fortunate as, some do not get that chance.

I have an ex-husband who is mean and he is the father of my three children. They are almost the same age as you and they too would like to have a loving father. However, to quote Cher Bono (from an interview I heard once) "those are the breaks in life kiddo, some have it and some don't".

Old 05-02-2010, 02:05 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,099,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Pro-Choice = A woman has the right to control her body

Pro-Life = the government has the right to control a woman's body

I wonder how many pro-lifers have adopted unwanted babies?
thats a good question

I wonder how many pro lifers would vote out representatives that would cut health insurance for poor children.

its always easier to condemn a problem and say its bad, instead of actually sacrificing something to help correct a problem.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:09 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,099,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Its okay for a person to kill their baby but not okay for another person to hold up a picture of it???
YOU want to DO SOMETHING about it?
Well they want to do something about it too.
You are worried about little children seeing a picture of what you have done?
We are worried and SICKENED by the fact that you are KILLING the little children.
Tell me maggie, what should be done about this?

Arizona Drops Children’s Health Program - NYTimes.com

Do they not matter once they are outside a uterus?

If you want to crusade against the abuses made against babies, this is up there as well.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Tell me maggie, what should be done about this?

Arizona Drops Children’s Health Program - NYTimes.com

Do they not matter once they are outside a uterus?

If you want to crusade against the abuses made against babies, this is up there as well.
Killing all of these babies is not the answer.
People are adopting children from all over the world.
If people want to have sex but do not want a baby then they should use birth control.
As far as those who want their children but can't afford to take them to a doctor? They should quit drinking, doing drugs, give up all of the things that are NOT necessary, when they have done all of that?
There will be help from somewhere or somebody, people in America have a heart for children.
Also, there is always the emergency room and always churches, neighbors, friends, relatives.
People care and they will help.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times
I think adoption is a very admirable decision to make. In my experience adoption is usually a decision made because people want a baby, not because they want to help out those less fortunate, but there are probably always exceptions to this. Of the 1.5 million abortions performed each year, even if a person was to adopt one child a year, this would leave 1,499,999 children. What would happen to them? If people are not going to get dead serious about pregnancy prevention programs for teens and young adults, and easily accessible birth control, then we are going to see these high numbers. I would personally be happy to see no abortions performed, but they must be kept safe and easily accessible as we can't take care of the people already here, let alone add 1.5 million more each year.

When I see the pro-life movement screaming from the roof-tops about improving sex-ed and birth control accessibility, supporting HCR's for children in need, and stop lamenting about welfare-queens, then I will take their postion more seriously.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:44 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
What do you do to help?
I don't get pregnant in the first place.

Old 05-02-2010, 02:57 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
Quote:
What do you do to help?
in my family we adopt as well. I also support my local women's shelter and food bank as well as "adopt" families at holiday time. I also support planned parenthood.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 PM

296 posts, read 273,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
Recently I've come to the attention of some people near Poulsbo, WA, who like to protest planned parenthood clinics by standing outside with pictures of aborted fetuses, some of them doctored most likely. I do not wish to violate the TOS nor do I want to violate peoples' sense of decency, which some of these people obviously lack, so I will not post these images here. If you are of strong stomach, do a search on Google.

Now, this really torques me because when I was in high school in Chicago a group of pro-lifers came over to my high school and the sister all-girls high school next door, to protest the rate of teenage pregnancy. Needless to say this was a stupid mistake because 1) most of the residents in the local communities were pissed off and confronted them, 2) some high school students stole their banners and lit fire to them, 3) one incident where a student lit a protester on fire and wasn't prosecuted by the police, 4) the police kept a very close eye on them. Pretty soon they left.

I'm pretty certain that common decency doesn't apply to the first amendment and unfortunately it protects the bigots, hate mongers, idiots, and fascists in this country as well. I lump these ultra extreme pro-lifers with this group of nutjobs who I think should be thrown into the ocean, but I digress.

So my question is, what should be done about this? I person I know in that town is very upset that he drove by said protesters with his kid in the back seat who saw those disgusting pictures. I mean, it's one thing if you had one-sided pictures on the sidewalk facing the clinic, it's totally another when you have HUGE 20 ft posters with images on BOTH sides.

Part of me was considering doing something about this, but my question is, what? I am not blissfully ignorant of my actions like a high schooler, and thus I cannot simply fight them. Nor will I invite getting sued by them by lighting fire to their posters. Nor do I lack the common decency by putting up similar images of religious fanatics murdering innocent people by the day. I do not know if the police can do anything because insofar as I know, they're exercising their 1st amendment rights (just like those idiots who say that God is killing our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan for our stances on gay rights ... ).
somehow made it through this without puking..

did you actually read over what you put in here? and you claim to be out of high school, but I have serious doubts about that. A student lit someone on fire? seriously? and you want to do something to these people, who you describe as bigots, hate monger, fascists, etc. You do realize you've just called yourself out on that, right? You are everything you do not like, but for some reason can't see it. What pictures of religious fanatics murdering people were you going to put up? a bunch of whacko muslims overseas? You think that's going to make any sort of point? Once again, I have to ask if you read what you posted or put any thought into it.
One last question, how could anyone with an IQ over 20 not think the pictures of an aborted fetus would be repulsive and graphic? You don't have to doctor that ****, man. It speaks for itself without photochop assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies