Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:57 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Since when can't Republicans vote to pass the health care reform bill, rather than vote against it? They have no responsibility in this?
Perhaps if they would allow the three amendments the republicans want some would vote.
1) tort reform
2) Ability to buy insurance across state lines
3) The fed employs including congress has to accept the new health care and not have their own insurance paid by tax payers.

Dem's will not even let them come up for a vote.
How can they cry for bi partisan ship and then not be bipartisan.
they want the republicans to sell out thei own districts and vote for what the Dem's want. Dem's do not need the republicans to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 01:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
The first Dem. elected in the 8th Congressional District of Florida in 34 years.

"this district has its first Democratic Congressman in 34 years. This district, and all of Florida, has gone red to blue".....

Home | Alan Grayson for U.S. Congress

Is it true that Republicans' idea of health care reform is for you to "die quickly"..........it certainly seems possible that's the case.

Congressman Alan Grayson, Representing the 8th District of Florida

Appears that Rep Grayson has also been taking on the issue of fraud by government contractors!
I just saw Rep Grayson on CNN, the Rick Sanchez show, who showed a clip of Grayson on the floor of the House, calling out the GOP for their de facto health plan being nothing but "die quickly so we don't spend a lot on you." Sanchez also showed Grayson's appearance on Wolf Blitzer's show where he repeated his charge that the GOP view of health care reform is they just want sick people to die quickly so it doesn't cost much for the insurance companies.

I consider him a breath of fresh air, someone who tells it like it is. Hope to see more of him in the future.

BTW: For those who still want to believe the lie that "death panels" are part of the reform bills, it's true, death panels do exist, and they work for the health insurance companies. As soon as you get sick, they drop you, and if you can't afford to fight cancer from your own pocket, then you can go die. The health insurance industry IS THE PROBLEM, and it needs fixing. Too bad the GOP has no plan, wants no plan, and wants only to maintain the status quo for their fatcat pals.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Perhaps if they would allow the three amendments the republicans want some would vote.
1) tort reform
2) Ability to buy insurance across state lines
3) The fed employs including congress has to accept the new health care and not have their own insurance paid by tax payers.

Dem's will not even let them come up for a vote.
How can they cry for bi partisan ship and then not be bipartisan.
they want the republicans to sell out thei own districts and vote for what the Dem's want. Dem's do not need the republicans to do that.
Tell me about the tort reform amendment, please. I don't know what they're proposing.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I just saw Rep Grayson on CNN, the Rick Sanchez show, who showed a clip of Grayson on the floor of the House, calling out the GOP for their de facto health plan being nothing but "die quickly so we don't spend a lot on you." Sanchez also showed Grayson's appearance on Wolf Blitzer's show where he repeated his charge that the GOP view of health care reform is they just want sick people to die quickly so it doesn't cost much for the insurance companies.

I consider him a breath of fresh air, someone who tells it like it is. Hope to see more of him in the future.

BTW: For those who still want to believe the lie that "death panels" are part of the reform bills, it's true, death panels do exist, and they work for the health insurance companies. As soon as you get sick, they drop you, and if you can't afford to fight cancer from your own pocket, then you can go die. The health insurance industry IS THE PROBLEM, and it needs fixing. Too bad the GOP has no plan, wants no plan, and wants only to maintain the status quo for their fatcat pals.
I, too, hope to see more of Rep. Grayson! It is absolutely stunning that this man was elected in the 8th district in Florida.........a sign of the times I hope.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:30 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Tell me about the tort reform amendment, please. I don't know what they're proposing.
Most of the proposals I have seen floated deal with holding damages to actual present and future costs while eliminating or reducing punitive damages

Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

So does that mean that Grayson's/Democrats plans are to keep you living, unproductive or not, swallowing $200 pills and never-ending chemotherapy treatment off the backs of taxpayers? Just to give that person an extra year of life? That's the Democratic plan?

And you actually support this? Thank you for clarifying why there will be checks and balances come 2010. Most logical people don't share your desire for the bottomless pit of spending on healthcare insurance for all.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Most of the proposals I have seen floated deal with holding damages to actual present and future costs while eliminating or reducing punitive damages
Well, I am opposed to those sorts of things. It's my opinion that the medical profession is not seriously regulated by anyone, therefore, medical malpractice is the only "protection" patients have. I know that's radical and controversial, however, I, from personal observation, I have seen doctors do horrendous things and not lose their licenses to practice.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So does that mean that Grayson's/Democrats plans are to keep you living, unproductive or not, swallowing $200 pills and never-ending chemotherapy treatment off the backs of taxpayers? Just to give that person an extra year of life? That's the Democratic plan?

And you actually support this? Thank you for clarifying why there will be checks and balances come 2010. Most logical people don't share your desire for the bottomless pit of spending on healthcare insurance for all. (Please spare us the polls. If it truly were popular, your Democratic leaders in Congress would ensure that it passes with the public option. We know that the public option is all but dead.)
Don't living wills take care of the issues you bring up in paragraph 1? Are you willing to give up an "extra year of life"? If so, just refuse treatment. That takes care of that. And the "government" would have absolutely no say in your choice. YOU get to decide if YOU want to fight for an "extra year of life."

Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Don't living wills take care of the issues you bring up in paragraph 1? Are you willing to give up an "extra year of life"? If so, just refuse treatment. That takes care of that. And the "government" would have absolutely no say in your choice. YOU get to decide if YOU want to fight for an "extra year of life."
So how exactly are Republicans "hoping you die quickly" then?

I look forward to your response. Because I see no evidence that the GOP is urging people to "refuse treatment," as you put it.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

And you actually support this? Thank you for clarifying why there will be checks and balances come 2010. Most logical people don't share your desire for the bottomless pit of spending on healthcare insurance for all.
Your comments are bogus. We NOW keep people living, whether they are productive or not, including tens of million of older, retired people. We NOW pay for this via Medicare, or Medicaid for those who are broke. For those who work for a living but make low wages and have no coverage, we need to have a plan to cover these.

Your words clearly mean that unproductive people (if NOT insured) should be allowed to die if they get sick, no matter the age or circumstance. That's pitiful, but typical of how the GOP marginalizes everyone they don't like.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies