Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
With due respect - you are spouting a "politically correct" line

There actually is no "correct" description -

Either pro-abortion / anti-abortion OR

Pro-Life / Pro-Choice

Either is correct and perfectly acceptable.

That is true, if uses one pair or the other. However, saying Pro-Choice/Anti-Abortion is clearly biased and imo sounds ignorant.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ectopic pregnancy? Bleeding disorders? Cancer?

Anyway, I can't think of too many things worse than a bunch of women who don't want to be pregnant being forced to carry and deliver a bunch of unwanted babies. I'm really not seeing the upside to that for anyone.
You're right about ectopic, I asumed it was understood that my comments were regarding a "normal" pregnancy, my bad. What bleeding disorders are cured by aborting a baby? What cancer is cured by aborting a baby? Seriously? Thanks

I think that having your limbs torn from you, appendage by appendage, or being burned to death by chemicals, or having your brain stem pierced and the contents vacuumed out; all without anesthesia, would be worse than what you described, but that's just me. We have become a self absorbed, narcissistic, "me first" society, and we will pay for it.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
When our wives and sisters die due to previously diagnosed conditions in their pregnancy and their lives could be spared with a controlled termination, lets pretend the statistics are a left-wing conspiracy.
I am against legalized abortion as we now have it. HOWEVER, I think abortion should NEVER be withheld as a choice for a female IF: The females life is in danger or the female is a victim of rape or molestation. Many of us just object to wholesale abortions where someone decides to terminate because it will inconvenience them or they just decide for whatever reason they don't want the child.

Can you not see the difference?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
That is true, if uses one pair or the other. However, saying Pro-Choice/Anti-Abortion is clearly biased and imo sounds ignorant.
Ignorant? I disagree. Use of either descriptive term(s) is not "ignorant"

Old 10-03-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I am against legalized abortion as we now have it. HOWEVER, I think abortion should NEVER be withheld as a choice for a female IF: The females life is in danger or the female is a victim of rape or molestation. Many of us just object to wholesale abortions where someone decides to terminate because it will inconvenience them or they just decide for whatever reason they don't want the child.

I thought I was in favor of abortion only in the case of rape, and then I actually thought about it, instead of parroting what I had heard others say. I'm pro-life, because I believe all life is sacred and life is a gift from God. If I really believed that, why would a horrific crime, the result of which produces a life, reduce said life, simply because of unfortunate circumstances? If all life is precious, then all life is precious. Besides, how would murdering a pre born baby, who had nothing to do with how he/she was conceived, relive the pain of the horrific and cowardly act of rape?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:13 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
What medical diagnosis is cured by killing a pre born baby?
Grave EPH gestosis, eclampsia, ileus in pregnancy, acute liver atrophy, serious pyelonephritidis and pyelonephrosis, trauma, advanced coronary diseases, cardiopathia, some kidney disorders, severe psychiatric illness, and thromboembolic tendencies. Certain malignant processes, specifically of reproductive organs, may be accelerated due to hormonal increases during pregnancy.

These conditions are not cured by abortion, but can be significantly affected by pregnancy. Bear in mind the severity of illness, or the required treatment for these disorders can have a devastating effect on the unborn child, especially psychotherapeutic drugs, and obviously chemotherapeutic agents. And I know someone is bound to say the alternative 100% guarantee of death by abortion is a worse alternative, I do hear you loud and clear. The effects of some of these diseases and treatments on the fetus though should not be dismissed. And that is not addressing the psychosocial implications of these illnesses or treatments on the mother and family.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:

As it would appear you have not read my previous posts, I will repeat myself. I personally would not have an elective abortion unless under extreme circumstances. I do not agree with people using abortion as a means of contraception. I wish that people would take much more responsibility for their reproductive health and well being. This discussion however is not about what I would or would not do. This is about women being able to make decisions about what happens to their own bodies. I have read time and time again on this thread people stating that she has no right to make decisions that harm her unborn child, but as that child can not survive without her body, she is the one who should make those decisions. Hopefully there is a father involved in that decision making too. That is the bottom line. Either you believe a person should be entitled to make decisions for themselves, or you think they should not be afforded that liberty.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Grave EPH gestosis, eclampsia, ileus in pregnancy, acute liver atrophy, serious pyelonephritidis and pyelonephrosis, trauma, advanced coronary diseases, cardiopathia, some kidney disorders, severe psychiatric illness, and thromboembolic tendencies. Certain malignant processes, specifically of reproductive organs, may be accelerated due to hormonal increases during pregnancy.

These conditions are not cured by abortion, but can be significantly affected by pregnancy. Bear in mind the severity of illness, or the required treatment for these disorders can have a devastating effect on the unborn child, especially psychotherapeutic drugs, and obviously chemotherapeutic agents. And I know someone is bound to say the alternative 100% guarantee of death by abortion is a worse alternative, I do hear you loud and clear. The effects of some of these diseases and treatments on the fetus though should not be dismissed. And that is not addressing the psychosocial implications of these illnesses or treatments on the mother and family.
Then what was the point of listing them, since as you conceded, they won't be alleviated by killing a pre born baby?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
As it would appear you have not read my previous posts, I will repeat myself. I personally would not have an elective abortion unless under extreme circumstances. I do not agree with people using abortion as a means of contraception. I wish that people would take much more responsibility for their reproductive health and well being. This discussion however is not about what I would or would not do. This is about women being able to make decisions about what happens to their own bodies. I have read time and time again on this thread people stating that she has no right to make decisions that harm her unborn child, but as that child can not survive without her body, she is the one who should make those decisions. Hopefully there is a father involved in that decision making too. That is the bottom line. Either you believe a person should be entitled to make decisions for themselves, or you think they should not be afforded that liberty.
An infant can not survive on it's own, neither can someone on life support, kidney dialysis, iron lung, pacemaker, etc.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:21 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
the right to choice and privacy will never be over turned. it is no ones business what a woman does when she becomes pregnant but her own. she has the right to choice no matter if you disagree with her reasoning, the timing, or that she had sex to begin with and its an easy out, it matters not. her life, her business and outsiders have no say. if she has an abortion instead of taking the pregnancy to term the whys and whens are between her and her doctor. against abortion? don't have one. woman have the right to reproductive freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies