Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I'm not sure I follow your question; sorry.
I meant, do you not believe killing animals for meat is murdering them.

I understand the legal definition of "murder" only applies to human beings.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
NO I did not say a zygote is not a baby. The DICTIONARY did! lol
As far as your scenario, why does a normal pregnancy take 9 months and not 7 months? Obviously because the "fetus" is not fully developed and needs the mothers body to finish development.

And this means nothing. I said VIABLE outside of the womb. Millions of babies have been born at 7 months and gone onto to live perfectly healthy lives.

This is a perfect example of how so many pro-choice folks let their desire for legal abortions get into the way of the facts.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Since you consider all life "sacred" you MUST be against the death penalty? Otherwise that would make you a bit of a hypocrite.
Although this was directed towards someone else, I am pro-life and absolutely against the death penalty. Even so, equating a convicted murderer with an innocent child is the height of absurdity.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM

193 posts, read 191,737 times
jdevelop2,
That's because the life of the child isn't important to them, their control over themselves AND others is what is important. Its about control. Control freaks want to control others. Maybe that's why these males in their lives abandon them. It could be that only control freaks get left and they are just in denial. they are incapable of seeing themselves as control freaks but they sure claim to be able to see it in others.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
A fetus, by defintion, is NOT a person. The United States Supreme Court has also ruled that a fetus is NOT a person. A little reality injection.

Here's a little reality injection for you. I don't depend on the Supreme Court to decide morality for me. If the Supreme Court decides a one year old isn't a person does that make it so?

Are you of the opinion the Supreme Court has never made a mistake? What about Dred Scott? What about Bush v. Gore?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,707,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
And this means nothing. I said VIABLE outside of the womb. Millions of babies have been born at 7 months and gone onto to live perfectly healthy lives.

This is a perfect example of how so many pro-choice folks let their desire for legal abortions get into the way of the facts.
This baby survived being born at just 22 weeks gestation, i.e. her mom was only 5 months and 2 weeks pregnant when she gave birth.

FOXNews.com - Tiny Baby's Homecoming Spotlights U.S. Premature Birth Rates - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

Old 10-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Quite frankly I'm more concerned about society helping out an actual child in need where we can really see evidence of pain, abuse, and neglect.
Give me a break. What do you think happens if a doctor sticks a scalpel into a 7 month old fetus?

Old 10-04-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then please, please, by all means have a heart and find those pregnant women who don't want their babies and want to abort them and offer to adopt them if they won't have an abortion.

You need to update yourself on the facts. There are MANY MANY people in this country who are dying to adopt a baby.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am pro choice and pro death penalty.

Also, someone who was sentenced to the death penalty has not CHOSEN to give up there life.

I believe a hypocrite is someone who is pro life and for death penalty and (believe it or not) eats meat. They constantly say ALL life is sacred but then go and eat that big hamburger. Doesn't the animal deserve to live too? Why would you kill an animal? They have feelings and feel pain too. They have families.
You have got to be kidding. What an ignorant statement. Most sane people make a distinction between human, animal, and plant life.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You did not answer my question.

And no, I am just stating an argument. I don't not think eating meat is murder. If all life is sacred and you are very concerned about the pain the fetus may be feeling during an abortion procedure, then why do these same people eat meat?

The animals life was sacred too. Werent you concerned about their pain?

I agree. Isn't their life sacred? Prolifers always tell me that ALL life is sacred.
Someone would have to asleep to not realize that they are talking about all human life. Good grief, I think some folks just don't even try.

I certainly am opposed to animal cruelty. Even so, you can not equate animal life with human life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.