Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 02:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Why would say this? What a racist thing to say. You know good and well that saying Cadillacs is a reference to African Americans.

Cable TV is in NO WAY a reference to a certain race. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Lol, I didnt say anything about race, you did.

also, I have to edit about cost of BC pills - I just went past an ad or article or something that said Walmart is offering it for $9. So - everyone can afford that.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:30 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Lol, I didnt say anything about race, you did.

also, I have to edit about cost of BC pills - I just went past an ad or article or something that said Walmart is offering it for $9. So - everyone can afford that.

You can say that all you want. Any honest person that read your post knows EXACTLY what your implication was.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
You can say that all you want. Any honest person that read your post knows EXACTLY what your implication was.
Both of them are equal-opportunity hateful.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Both of them are equal-opportunity hateful.

Give me a freaking break delusianne. You are only making yourself look even more disingenuous. You can spin all you want, you can't change the facts.

My point was VERY clearly that taxpayers should not pay for someones birth control who spends money on cable TV instead of paying for their own BC. This effectively is the same as taxpayers paying for people to have cable TV. NOTHING, NOT ONE SINGLE THING, about this argument is prejudiced or hateful. I am hateful because I don't want to pay for someones BC who can actually afford it??? Uh, NO.

You introduced the words "prejudiced" AND "Cadillac" into the argument. ANY clear thinking and honest person knows your implication. You were subtely trying to call me a racist all the while YOU were the one turning the debate racial. Absoluely disingenious and disgusting.

I AM SO SICK of liberals calling conservatives racist just because we disagree with you. You guys doing this is doing more to keep racial tensions alive than ANYTHING else.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Give me a freaking break delusianne. You are only making yourself look even more disingenuous. You can spin all you want, you can't change the facts.

My point was VERY clearly that taxpayers should not pay for someones birth control who spends money on cable TV instead of paying for their own BC. This effectively is the same as taxpayers paying for people to have cable TV. NOTHING, NOT ONE SINGLE THING, about this argument is prejudiced or hateful. I am hateful because I don't want to pay for someones BC who can actually afford it??? Uh, NO.

You introduced the words "prejudiced" AND "Cadillac" into the argument. ANY clear thinking and honest person knows your implication. You were subtely trying to call me a racist all the while YOU were the one turning the debate racial. Absoluely disingenious and disgusting.

I AM SO SICK of liberals calling conservatives racist just because we disagree with you. You guys doing this is doing more to keep racial tensions alive than ANYTHING else.
Here's the deal, would you rather pay $120 dollars a year for someone's birth control who has demonstrated that they don't manage money well, and who puts entertainment ahead of their health, and who will likely end up on welfare, so would you rather invest that $120 dollars a year in order to stop them from going on welfare and costing you $12,000 a year.

See, if it's about money, the money spent on birth control is a good investment. If it's about the fact that you think you are a better person because you have more money, well then it's a class issue.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Here's the deal, would you rather pay $120 dollars a year for someone's birth control who has demonstrated that they don't manage money well, and who puts entertainment ahead of their health, and who will likely end up on welfare, so would you rather invest that $120 dollars a year in order to stop them from going on welfare and costing you $12,000 a year.
Very, very good point. Looks like we have some common ground after all.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:

How do YOU know what they spend their money on?! It's the exact same PREJUDICE you all used to apply about Cadillacs. Cable or Cadillac, you're presuming that they actually have plenty of money. You're pre-judging them.

You made the connection between "prejudice" and race. I am impressed that you didnt trot out "If she'd just keep her legs closed..." line however.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:

I totally agree and I'm sick of this as well.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
How do YOU know what they spend their money on?! It's the exact same PREJUDICE you all used to apply about Cadillacs. Cable or Cadillac, you're presuming that they actually have plenty of money. You're pre-judging them.

You made the connection between "prejudice" and race. I am impressed that you didnt trot out "If she'd just keep her legs closed..." line however.
Many MANY people who are on welfare also have cable or satellite TV. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

You can say whatever you want now. Your implications were obvious.

You're impressed that I didn't trot out the line: "If she'd just keep her legs closed..." What in the h#ll are you talking about. I have NEVER said anything like that. You can try and spin and misdirect all you want, as I've already said, its obvious to any clear thinking and honest person what your implication was. I'm done stating the obvious. People can decide for themselves.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Many MANY people who are on welfare also have cable or satellite TV. That is a fact whether you like it or not.

You can say whatever you want now. Your implications were obvious.

You're impressed that I didn't trot out the line: "If she'd just keep her legs closed..." What in the h#ll are you talking about. I have NEVER said anything like that. You can try and spin and misdirect all you want, as I've already said, its obvious to any clear thinking and honest person what your implication was. I'm done stating the obvious. People can decide for themselves.
Thanks for letting me say whatever I want

Is that supposed to mean you think I posted that after I saw your furious thread? Check the post times.

Look. the legs line is the same sort of prejudiced presumption as cable and Cadillac. I thought about saying "generalizing" instead of "prejudice" but the "judge" part of "prejudice" applies in such generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies