Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 PM

193 posts, read 191,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Again, nothing but an emotional response when all I have posted is the science!
Is that the same science that ten years ago stated emphatically that the universe was expanding at an ever increasing rate and just recently stated that it was in fact expanding at a stable not increasing rate? Just wondering what changes will be made in the NEXT ten years. How many years ago was it said that the baby doesn't feel pain while in the womb? Science isn't always RIGHT. It is fallible.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:46 AM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
Overturned baby!!!

Old 06-24-2022, 11:47 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,716 times
Great, just made it harder for someone who wants to get an abortion, to get one. Now the poor and young women who had a choice with their own body no longer have them.

Old 06-24-2022, 11:49 AM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I come across countless threads regarding abortion, some for and some against the practice of abortion. The point I'm trying to make is this: Roe-V-Wade is Never going to be overturned. .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxQ-Ltfs9ds

Old 06-24-2022, 11:55 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Morally I am opposed to all these douchbaggery, but I think making same sex marriage, homosexual rights, interracial marriage, abortion, all be at the state level makes governance easier, I think demographically it would be unsustainable for conservatives, those states that adopt those laws will be in a constant tension with their cities and economic engines, it will take maybe 4 to 5 cycles but the conservative movement will erode and be dealt a death blow. Its an excess conversation, people who hold power would have acquired the power via these culture wars, what happens when you win? you need the next thing and the next thing, to keep you in power, this is a generator function for excesses which create blowback.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Great, just made it harder for someone who wants to get an abortion, to get one. Now the poor and young women who had a choice with their own body no longer have them.
I have no dog in this fight. I'm all for freedom of choice. But! States rights are more important. The majority of people in a state should have the right to control what happens in their state, not the federal government. It's not like abortions is being outlawed in the USA, it's not.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:06 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,277,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
LMAO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I have no dog in this fight. I'm all for freedom of choice. But! States rights are more important. The majority of people in a state should have the right to control what happens in their state, not the federal government. It's not like abortions is being outlawed in the USA, it's not.
True. It is not being outlawed.
People in the news and media are already going to the extremes, comparing it to African American slavery. It's pathetic.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:08 PM

2,004 posts, read 865,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Morally I am opposed to all these douchbaggery, but I think making same sex marriage, homosexual rights, interracial marriage, abortion, all be at the state level makes governance easier, I think demographically it would be unsustainable for conservatives, those states that adopt those laws will be in a constant tension with their cities and economic engines, it will take maybe 4 to 5 cycles but the conservative movement will erode and be dealt a death blow. Its an excess conversation, people who hold power would have acquired the power via these culture wars, what happens when you win? you need the next thing and the next thing, to keep you in power, this is a generator function for excesses which create blowback.
It's the radical conservatives that are the problem, just as it's the radical progressive liberals that are the problem on the otherside. We need the extremists on both sides eliminated. Let's get back to what made this country unique and what made it work, that's called compromise.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:28 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
It probably won't be overturned outright. But it will probably go back to the states. So people in red states will either have to travel to a blue states, get an illegal abortion or have the baby. I hope the red states don't expect the federal government to support all these babies.

Old 06-24-2022, 12:34 PM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
The uber left scares people into thinking this though. This decision is really quite benign...all it does is push abortion laws back down to the states to decide...nothing more.

The Blue states will still allow it pretty much as is.

Most Red states allow it too, but may restrict it to 1st tri-mester abortions, which 70%+ of Americans agree with, and end late-term abortions, a restriction most Americans also agree with.

VERY few states will outlaw it....maybe Utah.

This is not nearly as big a deal it is being portrayed by the media, and uber left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies