Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 PM

183 posts, read 114,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
It's not your body it's not your choice. I personally think the religious zealots, that are usually the most vocal and go nuts over this issue and harm fellow citizens, will soon find out, they have overstayed their welcome. I'm not a very religious person, but i would never attempt to impose my non-religious beliefs on anyone, that did ask me for my personally input, nor do i have an issue with people practicing religion, whether i believe in their supported deity or not.

You cannot say you support individual rights with the left hand and then try to limit them with the right hand. People do not like the hypocrisy and the constant pushing your values down the throats of others. This game is not going to be tolerated by future generations.

I know religious right are not the only vocal group against this issue when discussed, but they are usually the craziest and i cannot speak for everyone, but I'm sick of it. The tolerance for being extremely radically has reached it limits. The minute you cross the line into terrorist acts, because someone disagrees with your religious views, way of life, or opinion on a subject, that does not even affect you personally, you loose all credibility. It is debatable whether your concerns should even be publicly debated.

If it does not limit your individual freedom or hurt your way of life, stay the hell out of other peoples business and personal decisions. (*Disclaimer unless it is someone pushing you in a direction that will actually help your overall progress in life and even this is debatable).

I will say I'm not for later stage abortions like "third tri-master" which is like 6-7 months into it. However, short of having a baby after 9 months and then killing it when it takes its first breath, it is none of my business, nor anyone else's.
So a little murder is OK?

All things in moderation?

It's not your body either. If it were, he or she would have your exact genetic code, but he or she does not because he or she is a unique human being. How does a female carry a male fetus that is also her body?

When you say "harm fellow citizens" are you referring to the elderly gentleman who was beaten up in AZ just recently or the the elederly gentleman who was shot and killed in MI?

Flagstaff, AZ – Just a week after Jim Pouillon was shot and killed for his public stand against abortion, 69-year old Johnny Wallace was attacked by two women as he held two non-graphic, text-only signs protesting abortion in Flagstaff, Arizona, on Saturday.

Elderly Pro-life Activist Attacked, Injured in Flagstaff :Operation Rescue

An abortion advocate nearly ran over a pro-life person protesting outside a local Planned Parenthood center with his vehicle. Matthew Reid Haver, a 40-year-old from this northern California city, was arrested by police on charges of assault with a deadly weapon.

Abortion Advocate Nearly Runs Over Pro-Life Planned Parenthood Protestor

The pattern of abuse at a Rockford abortion facility has continued after an employee allegedly struck with his car a homeless man praying with pro-life protesters, and drove away, according to witnesses at the scene.

Abortion Employee Runs into Pro-Lifer, Keeps Going at Bizarre Rockford Abortuary

Old 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Default Support Appears to Drop for Abortion Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I also doubt that Roe VS Wade would be overturned no matter what happens.
For most of the last two decades, a clear majority of Americans has supported the right to abortion. A new poll, though, suggests that support for abortion may have declined, with the public almost evenly divided over the issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/us/02abortion.html

Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,510 times
Roe v Wade will be overturned if the Supreme Court ever shifts enough in composition to have strict constitutionalist judges. Regardless of left v right on the issue, Roe v Wade is a constitutional issue of the federal government overstepping it's power.

If a state outlaws abortion, juries will convict. Juries have convicted on divisive issues before and they will do it again if the law requires. Attorneys do a very good job of screening out individuals for jury duty who will refuse to convict based on personal or political beliefs.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I come across countless threads regarding abortion, some for and some against the practice of abortion. The point I'm trying to make is this: Roe-V-Wade is Never going to be overturned. Most of the country(& World) views this as a woman's right to choose. The complete fallout and outrage at this removal of choice would be unparalled thus the right to choose as outlined in Roe-v-Wade is here to stay. I can understand a person being against abortions due to religious reasons, ect, but this does not change the fact that the Supreme Court has already dealt with this issue and Roe-v-Wade is the end result. Do anti-choice advocates actually think that they can get R-v-W overturned? Would it be better to live in a society where a woman must resort to EXTREME measures such as "back-alley" abortions, self-induced miscarrages, trips to foreign countries, ect? Abortions will never stop and the consequences of outlawing abortions would be horrendous at best. Do you actually think Roe-v-Wade could be overturned and if it were, what would be your solutions to deal with the ensueing calamity? Adoption is NOT a blanket solution either. Thank you for your time and consideration on this difficult issue.
I'm sure people said the same thing about Plessy v. Ferguson.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:11 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,190,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
It is just an issue that is exploited to get votes. Women are not going to quit ending unwanted pregnancies. Always been done and always will be done.
murder always has been done and always will be done

You just get a lot more of it when it's legal.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
For most of the last two decades, a clear majority of Americans has supported the right to abortion. A new poll, though, suggests that support for abortion may have declined, with the public almost evenly divided over the issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/02/us/02abortion.html
So the Supreme Court should base its decisions on current popular opinion?

Old 10-02-2009, 07:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
It's hard when we pro-lifers now have to worry about seniors being killed off, too. No they won't vacuum their brains out, they'll just deny them treatment and legitimatize murder under the guise of healthcare reform.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:24 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
No they won't vacuum their brains out, they'll just deny them treatment and legitimatize murder under the guise of healthcare reform.
Denying treatment is legitimizing murder? So, that's what the private insurance companies have been doing and continue to do. Got it.

Righties, you are hypocrites, always manipulating and spinning in order to suit your agenda. You don't want government infringing on your "rights" and personal lives, but you constantly want to infringe your B.S. on everyone else's rights and personal lives. Yeah, I know, you have the golden ticket, you know what's right for everyone else. People should just sit back and take your cr*p and thank you for it. No wonder your party is wandering the desert like lonely nomads with Beck and Limbaugh in charge.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:32 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
It's hard when we pro-lifers now have to worry about seniors being killed off, too. No they won't vacuum their brains out, they'll just deny them treatment and legitimatize murder under the guise of healthcare reform.
Pretend that's true if it's fun for you, but the reality is people are dying every day directly because of the current insane costs of health care and insurers' denial of coverage as Donna7 points out. Now if they'd only qualified for Medicare...

Old 10-02-2009, 07:34 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
Link?
I suspect you know very well that there is no specific data documenting numbers of abortions performed pre RvW. The reasons for this are obvious, but if you prefer to believe that there were none performed, and that if RvW is overturned, then none will be performed, then keep on telling yourself it is so. Causes of death resulting from back-street abortions were either attributed to infection, or hemorrhage following spontaneous abortion. I am not going to post a link, as I'm sure whatever I post will be found to be impartial, so Google it yourself. I was in the trenches, and saw it myself, but I guess that doesn't count for anything when it doesn't match with what you want to believe, so carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies