Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,401,275 times

Advertisements

I come across countless threads regarding abortion, some for and some against the practice of abortion. The point I'm trying to make is this: Roe-V-Wade is Never going to be overturned. Most of the country(& World) views this as a woman's right to choose. The complete fallout and outrage at this removal of choice would be unparalled thus the right to choose as outlined in Roe-v-Wade is here to stay. I can understand a person being against abortions due to religious reasons, ect, but this does not change the fact that the Supreme Court has already dealt with this issue and Roe-v-Wade is the end result. Do anti-choice advocates actually think that they can get R-v-W overturned? Would it be better to live in a society where a woman must resort to EXTREME measures such as "back-alley" abortions, self-induced miscarrages, trips to foreign countries, ect? Abortions will never stop and the consequences of outlawing abortions would be horrendous at best. Do you actually think Roe-v-Wade could be overturned and if it were, what would be your solutions to deal with the ensueing calamity? Adoption is NOT a blanket solution either. Thank you for your time and consideration on this difficult issue.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,569,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I come across countless threads regarding abortion, some for and some against the practice of abortion. The point I'm trying to make is this: Roe-V-Wade is Never going to be overturned. Most of the country(& World) views this as a woman's right to choose. The complete fallout and outrage at this removal of choice would be unparalled thus the right to choose as outlined in Roe-v-Wade is here to stay. I can understand a person being against abortions due to religious reasons, ect, but this does not change the fact that the Supreme Court has already dealt with this issue and Roe-v-Wade is the end result. Do anti-choice advocates actually think that they can get R-v-W overturned? Would it be better to live in a society where a woman must resort to EXTREME measures such as "back-alley" abortions, self-induced miscarrages, trips to foreign countries, ect? Abortions will never stop and the consequences of outlawing abortions would be horrendous at best. Do you actually think Roe-v-Wade could be overturned and if it were, what would be your solutions to deal with the ensueing calamity? Adoption is NOT a blanket solution either. Thank you for your time and consideration on this difficult issue.
No way will Roe v Wade be overturned. The anti-choice candidates rely on it for major fundraising. If they actually worked to get it overturned, their coffers would take a beating and no way are they going to let that happen.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,534,247 times
I also doubt that Roe VS Wade would be overturned no matter what happens.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:04 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,401,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I also doubt that Roe VS Wade would be overturned no matter what happens.
I agree completely, but then what are the anti-choice groups trying to accomplish if not the banning of abortions?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,123,665 times
If it is overturned it would be a states right , voters (we the people ) could decide . It should be a states right . So , if anything it would be thrown out not overturned . That could be done. The anti -life makes plenty of funds also , don't worry .

Old 10-01-2009, 02:13 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Can not overturn it if you quit trying.
Every American has the right to demonstrate for things they believe in.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Can not overturn it if you quit trying.
Every American has the right to demonstrate for things they believe in.
It would be very hard to overturn with the present makeup of the Supreme Court and what will happen before Oba mao serves his first term out. However, as you say it can't happen if people who oppose it quit trying.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,505,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It would be very hard to overturn with the present makeup of the Supreme Court and what will happen before Oba mao serves his first term out. However, as you say it can't happen if people who oppose it quit trying.
Oba mao? Who or what is that?

Old 10-01-2009, 02:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,599,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
If it is overturned it would be a states right , voters (we the people ) could decide . It should be a states right . So , if anything it would be thrown out not overturned . That could be done. The anti -life makes plenty of funds also , don't worry .
Yep, hey while you're at it, why don't we make segregation a states right too, I mean if a State wants to treat black people as a 1/3rd of a person, that should be their right.

Oh, and if a State thinks women shouldn't be allowed to vote, lets leave that up to them too.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,398,157 times
It is just an issue that is exploited to get votes. Women are not going to quit ending unwanted pregnancies. Always been done and always will be done.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies