Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 PM

183 posts, read 114,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You are so right... The Repugs will be taking full advantage of another social program, lmao. I know of a couple of distant neoCON acquaintances who tote the party ideologue but are first in line to apply for early social security benefits... It just cracks me up...

They know they better get it while they can. That IOU is going to come due in a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
Afghanistan is Obama's, and it's turning into a quagmire.

Did you think the "war of choice" free ride was going to last forever?
Yea, thanks to ole' Bush, never could finish what he started...

Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,799 times
Quote:
Yea, thanks to ole' Bush, never could finish what he started...
Hey bucko,.....when will this empty suit and his dimocrap followers start taking some responsibility for what they are doing? This whole administration are a bunch of whiners,....and Obama is the whineleader.

The empty suit that occupies the White House can't blame Bush forever. At some point he has to take responsibility for his own actions. NO WAIT!!!.....that's not the liberal way......

Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 PM

183 posts, read 114,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
But Obama has a few problems.

1. He feels promoting himself is far more important then his war of choice.

2. He kinda forgot to talk to the commanders on the ground and do not forget he promised he would talk to the joint chiefs of staff to get all the information needed to win in Afghanistan. ( The Joint Chiefs have nothing to do with the decisions and he did not even know that !! )

3. He picked Afghanistan because he was WRONG on Iraq and voted against the surge, so he went with this war as his baby. He wanted to suck up all the credit for it, now since he has failed to deliver as promised he has tossed it aside and replaced it with more worthwhile issues like going on Letterman and other shows promoting of course himself.

Obama is a total LIAR !!

He has a fantastic ability to win elections, but he is worthless for any other purpose.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
The empty suit that occupies the White House can't blame Bush forever.
Why not? I mean Bush left quite a mess don't ya think? I mean two wars and a economy that fell into the Abyss. Let's put blame where blame is due ok?

Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM

[quote=Dukester;11011440]Why not?

I can think of NINE TRILLION REASONS.................

Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,731 times
Quote:
Dems only need 51 votes to ram this through. Four of the 5 Committees have Public Option included so... Not quite sure you have a leg to stand on?
They will get a bill through...... WITHOUT the pubic option

Too bad for you that most of America (including politicians) are against it.

However, dreams are nice to have

Old 10-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy268 View Post
He has a fantastic ability to win elections, but he is worthless for any other purpose.
You are spot on with the "worthless" portion. Obama is a pure waste of breatheable air.....

Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Harkin: I've Got Votes to Pass Public Option
Democrats have votes to break filibuster, pass bill, he says

With Teddy Kennedy's replacement on board, Harkin thinks he's got the 60 votes to bypass a filibuster and get the bill to floor vote. “Once we cross that hurdle, we only need 51 votes for the public option,” he said. “And I believe there are, comfortably, 51 votes for a public option.” Harkin thinks Harry Reid should include the controversial plan when he merges the HELP committee bill with the Finance Committee’s version.

Harkin: I've Got Votes to Pass Public Option - Politics News Summaries | Newser

Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Harkin: I've Got Votes to Pass Public Option
Democrats have votes to break filibuster, pass bill, he says

With Teddy Kennedy's replacement on board, Harkin thinks he's got the 60 votes to bypass a filibuster and get the bill to floor vote. “Once we cross that hurdle, we only need 51 votes for the public option,” he said. “And I believe there are, comfortably, 51 votes for a public option.” Harkin thinks Harry Reid should include the controversial plan when he merges the HELP committee bill with the Finance Committee’s version.

Harkin: I've Got Votes to Pass Public Option - Politics News Summaries | Newser
Thank you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies