Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:03 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I agree. As evidenced on this very forum, any & every single thought, word, idea that Obama & his administration has either done or proposed has been met w/insults, cattiness, judgment, etc. I can't even imagine being him right now, that must truly suck. The people in this country have shown themselves to be immature selfish little brats who have no thought for anything but how to beat someone down. I'm embarrassed to actually live here w/the behavior that I've witnessed. All I can say is that this administration has risen above this immaturity & the more they do that, the worse you people look, not that you could look any worse.
I doubt President Obama has the time or inclination to read trash on blogs which are about him. I think the secret service keeps a wary eye out for death threats and such.

Who cares what people say in these forums anyway? They're nothing but armchair quarterbacks anyway. Who even thinks their opinons carry any weight whatsoever? I'm sure they could do a better job than our present choice.

Don't be embarrassed to live here. Remember the old lady at a McCain rally who said Obama was a Muslim, and McCain corrected her? People are gullible, and watching too much of one thing can give a mindset. It's called brainwashing. Watching people on Fox is detrimental to the mind, especially if a person didn't have much of one to start with in the first place. It is quite the thing though, to see how much disrespect the person in office receives when THEY think the President isn't doing what they think is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 AM

221 posts, read 219,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
I doubt President Obama has the time or inclination to read trash on blogs which are about him. I think the secret service keeps a wary eye out for death threats and such.

Who cares what people say in these forums anyway? They're nothing but armchair quarterbacks anyway. Who even thinks their opinons carry any weight whatsoever? I'm sure they could do a better job than our present choice.

Don't be embarrassed to live here. Remember the old lady at a McCain rally who said Obama was a Muslim, and McCain corrected her? People are gullible, and watching too much of one thing can give a mindset. It's called brainwashing. Watching people on Fox is detrimental to the mind, especially if a person didn't have much of one to start with in the first place. It is quite the thing though, to see how much disrespect the person in office receives when THEY think the President isn't doing what they think is right.
When i see some of the out there stupid comments on here i am thankful that this is just a blog and not going to really influence anything. Way too many on here are caught up in their own importance.
You are right that many here in America are gullable. They listen to people who are either old and cannot bear the thought of change or are happy watching good American's suffer just because they are doing ok. Love how these people squirm like a stuffed pig if someone challenges them but spend most of their time backhandedly insulting other bloggers.
Obama is doing a great job so far. He is ignoring the idiots and concentrating on the job at hand. We Americans will once again change our minds and Obama will become popular again. Look at Bush, He was a complete failure but now some are saying how great he was. Obama was elected for change. Now get off his back and let him do what we voted him in to do, reform health care, better schooling and a better America.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:29 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
President Obama's "rating" with the American people is declining steadily. The trip to Europe re the Olympics was a total waste and failure. At a time of economic crisis, it was an expenditure of money that was totally unnecessary.
Faux outrage over a complete non-issue. It's comments of this sort from a spoiled brat, cry-baby right-wing that are a complete waste and failure. The country was broken by a bunch of so-called Republicans, and now they stand around doing absolutely nothing other than bashing the repair crew.

Quote:
As for health care issue - flat out - we cannot financially afford to cover everyone. The money is just not there. Its time that we as a nation acknowledge this FACT.
The complete opposite of FACT. We cannot afford to continue the waste, fraud, and abuse that is our current health care system. It is eating what remains after the Republicans of the economy, and it will do so only moreso in the future if serious action is not taken.

Quote:
Militarily - for the CIC to speak with his General in charge of a war once since taking office is reprehensible and irresponsible. Obama had the time to make 8 videos for the IOC - but could not find the time to review the Generals assessment of a war?
More right-wing claptrap. The President has a host of critical issues on his plate, a lot of them put there by sheer right-wing stupidity and incompetence. The so-called war is but one of them, and no war has ever been won or lost on the basis of how often one leader spoke face-to-face with another. Now, tell us what a chain-of-command is and how one works. Tell us what the state of communications technology is today. Tell us why this is not just as much a load-of-crap comment as the other two were.

Quote:
IMO, Obama will be a one term President.
And you've been right about what?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:37 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I agree. I think it's a good thing to question your leadership, but it's a bad thing to throw a tantrum and sling insults. I think if people logically debated and gave solid alternatives to the things that are being brought up, it would do a lot more good than yelling 'He's a liar!' and 'He's wrong!' Apparently, I was wrong when I thought this country was made up of adults. Instead, we get a bunch of angry, violent and misinformed people who have no real courses of action, they just hate the president and that's it.

I'm quite embarrassed of our country right now.
well in americans defense we are a very young country..if you want to be with real adults china been around for a long time russia too. they dont mess around they will keep people in line even if they have to kill a few hundred people is that what you want america to grow up into? I was not born in this country but I am proud of this country the fact that we can call out our leaders and show our strong desagreement without getting our heads cut off is somthing to be proud of.. you have no idea what you are talking about!! you are not alone in your enbarrassment of america our president is with you

Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
well in americans defense we are a very young country..if you want to be with real adults china been around for a long time russia too.
We are young as a society and culture, but far older than Russia, China, and most others in the world in terms of government. We do not necessarily play to the traditional standards of centuries gone by as others too often still do. We have created and progressively perfected our own standards, it is those against which we are to be judged, and it is those people who are NOT embarrassed by our recent glaring failures to live up to those standards who could best stand having their heads examined, though not quite cut off. This though the latter act would in many cases be strikingly similar to simple liposuction...

Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambintime View Post
You are right that the other party cannot stop the administration but there is corruption in both parties. There are dems who will refuse to vote with their party unless they get certain concessions. That is why the stimulus bill has so many stupid "wooden arrows" in it.
You also have the news media who scream at the American people how they are in danger of losing everything if they go along with Obama. Their are many who believe this hate speech and have hidden under their "beds". Many here believe everything they see or hear from these radical broadcasters. That is a big reason as to why Obama is not being allowed to do what he promised. Americans being scared out of their minds by the hate speech media and the old school who do not want change in America in case they lose any of their imaginary superiority.
I said the republicans alone do not have the power to stop the democrats in the house and the senate....I didn't say anything about them stopping the administration.

What concessions are you talking about.....from whom are they coming from and what democrats are they going to.....are you talking about some not willing to support a bill without certain changes? That's not corruption, they're doing what they feel their constituents want....they're not ignoring them (like I mentioned in my post).

The stimulus bill was a lot of promises getting fulfilled all at once for public funding that had accumulated over the past eight years.

There's more liberal media than there is conservative and they both do their share of screaming. When you say Obama can't keep his promises because many Americans are hiding under there beds after listening to and believing the hate speech coming radical broadcasters in the media, what Americans are you talking about? The people I hear doing all the talking about the conservative media, are the ones from the left complaining about it.....seriously. People in the middle are capable of thinking for themselves, that's why they're in the middle.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:20 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I said the republicans alone do not have the power to stop the democrats in the house and the senate....I didn't say anything about them stopping the administration.

What concessions are you talking about.....from whom are they coming from and what democrats are they going to.....are you talking about some not willing to support a bill without certain changes? That's not corruption, they're doing what they feel their constituents want....they're not ignoring them (like I mentioned in my post).

The stimulus bill was a lot of promises getting fulfilled all at once for public funding that had accumulated over the past eight years.

There's more liberal media than there is conservative and they both do their share of screaming. When you say Obama can't keep his promises because many Americans are hiding under there beds after listening to and believing the hate speech coming radical broadcasters in the media, what Americans are you talking about? The people I hear doing all the talking about the conservative media, are the ones from the left complaining about it.....seriously. People in the middle are capable of thinking for themselves, that's why they're in the middle.
Constituants=Insurance Company Lobbyists
Public Funding Over The Past 8 Years? You cannot execute 2 wars, cut taxes, and run deficits like the past 8 years.
White House projects record deficit for 2009 - CNN.com

Wasn't Iraqi oil supposed to pay for that war?
U.S. Considers Using Iraq's Oil to Pay for Occupation

Nobody is hiding under their beds, where did you come up with that pile? The only time we hid under beds in fear was when dubya and his cronies kept raising the threat levels to suit their political gains and motives. His administration had all Americans living in fear.

Yes, we liberals and liberal media keep complaining about the conservative media, basically because they're spreading lies, using the fear mongering tactics which worked previously, and because they're trying to deceive the American Public. And, the hate speech is coming from the right. You don't see or hear a democrat calling President Obama "BOY" do you?

Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,555 times
Quote:
Constituants=Insurance Company Lobbyists
What are you saying then, that democrats (like the Blue Dogs) are not concerned with what the people that voted them into office want, so that they get re-elected?.....and that they're making their decisions based on what insurance lobbyists want then to do? Do you have any proof of that or are you just making that up?

Quote:
Public Funding Over The Past 8 Years? You cannot execute 2 wars, cut taxes, and run deficits like the past 8 years.
White House projects record deficit for 2009 - CNN.com
I'm not really sure what point you're making here (I'm replying to Tambintime)but, yes....public funding.....for all the pork that was in the stimulus package....pork that couldn't get funded during the last 8 years so, it got taken care of all at once in what was suppose to be a stimulus package. Pork like this:

Finding the Pork in the Obama Stimulus Bill - US News and World Report

I'm not really sure what I'm referring to, has to do with the 2009 projected budget deficit under the Bush administration that you're talking about and supplied a link to? Anyway according to your link it was suppose to be $272 billion but, becasue of the Bush stimulus package (which got handed out immediately to everyone in the form of rebate checks Bush signs stimulus package into law - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com) which was $170 billion, it increased to $482 billion (I don't know why it's $40 billion more....maybe interest).

Then under the Obama adminstration with a stimulus package of close to $800 billion alone (most of which hasn't been handed out to anyone yet), the 2009 budget deficit increased to $1.8 trillion....so what was your point?

U.S. Budget Office offers darker economic and deficit outlook | Reuters

Quote:
Wasn't Iraqi oil supposed to pay for that war?
U.S. Considers Using Iraq's Oil to Pay for Occupation
You totally lost me here....I'm not sure what this has to do with anything replying to Tambintime about. You asked, "Wasn't Iraqi oil suppose to pay for the war?" but, the link you supplied is from 2003 and reads, "U.S. considers seizing revenues to pay for occupation, source says". It doesn't say that it was suppose to, it say they were "considering seizing it". What are you suggesting, that if Bush and Cheney seized the money Iraq was getting from it's oil, that would have been all legal and could have been used to help reduce our budget deficit?

Quote:
Nobody is hiding under their beds, where did you come up with that pile? The only time we hid under beds in fear was when dubya and his cronies kept raising the threat levels to suit their political gains and motives. His administration had all Americans living in fear.
Where did I come up with that? Well, you need to pay attention to whom I'm replying to, which was Tambintime who said:

"You also have the news media who scream at the American people how they are in danger of losing everything if they go along with Obama. Their are many who believe this hate speech and have hidden under their "beds". Many here believe everything they see or hear from these radical broadcasters."

Quote:
Yes, we liberals and liberal media keep complaining about the conservative media, basically because they're spreading lies, using the fear mongering tactics which worked previously, and because they're trying to deceive the American Public. And, the hate speech is coming from the right. You don't see or hear a democrat calling President Obama "BOY" do you?
I haven't heard any one call President Obama "BOY" but, if someone did, I wouldn't expect it to be coming from a democrat when the president is a democrat as well. How often do you listen to the conservative media.....I mean actually listen to it.....and not listen to what the liberal media tells you the conservative media is saying. I listen to both and they both spew hate, lies and fear about the other.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
DOD rules DC. that is how bush stayed in office.
obama is a threat to that rule. clinton messed with monica but that was not why they went after him. he also messed with DOD. the show down about afganistan is not about national security.
its about $$$$$$ and DOD is hongery.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
We are young as a society and culture, but far older than Russia, China, and most others in the world in terms of government. We do not necessarily play to the traditional standards of centuries gone by as others too often still do. We have created and progressively perfected our own standards, it is those against which we are to be judged, and it is those people who are NOT embarrassed by our recent glaring failures to live up to those standards who could best stand having their heads examined, though not quite cut off. This though the latter act would in many cases be strikingly similar to simple liposuction...
If we had any shame, we should be ashame of our president opoligying to the world for our failures we learn from our failures without failures how do we know what is perfact
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies