Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Interesting theory but the Dems control all the levers of power. They should stop whining and institute their plan. But they are cowards, they don't want to walk the plank alone. Cap and tax, healthcare, etc. are very bad ideas. But if they are so convinced they are right go ahead, the Republicans are powerless to stop you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 06:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Interesting theory but the Dems control all the levers of power. They should stop whining and institute their plan. But they are cowards, they don't want to walk the plank alone. Cap and tax, healthcare, etc. are very bad ideas. But if they are so convinced they are right go ahead, the Republicans are powerless to stop you.
I'll say, I agree with this. I would love to see the dems just say "f-u, we're doing it, don't care what you have to say about it". That'd be totally sweet.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'll say, I agree with this. I would love to see the dems just say "f-u, we're doing it, don't care what you have to say about it". That'd be totally sweet.

I hope they do to 2010 tsunami would head their way!

Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 PM

817 posts, read 853,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I think the problem is Republicans dont want Obama reelected in 2012. Every single basic idea that Obama has proposed has been met with heavy backlash from townhall rallies. How do you make change if your walking on eggshells? how do you make change when a large group people want you to fail?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-fail-11.html

The far right (Palin supporters) are on an agenda to put Obama in a place where he wont be reelected. And its sad because they are hurting America in the process.
republicans dont want obama to get elected again just like the democrats dont want to see republicans elected into office.

It's called POLITICS.

Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,131 times
I personally have never voted. Politics disqust me, Republican/Democrat....There all the same, a bunch of whinning b*tches.

It tires me to watch all the constant bickering back-n-forth. The only person I've ever even considered voting for was Ross Perot, that little fellow was hilarious, at least I could laugh when I would here him go on one of his rants.

Basically, we are Fooked, we will eventually self destruct.Think about it, I was born in 1964, Leave it to Beaver and Andy Griffith. Now every show on t.v. is filled with everyone fooking each others next door neighbor.

It will never get better, time has proven that

Old 10-02-2009, 06:50 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Obama is a puppet, he proved me right and that is sad. I called him the black Jimmy Carter, and I have been proven right. Obama is a smart man and charismatic and if he would have done the right things he would have a 90% popularity rating now. However, the power elite who pull the strings would have gone JFK on him. Since Obama prefers to live he connected to the strings after taking the oath and has been a good puppet. He gave Wall Street whatever they wanted and lied to the rest of us. If Obama would have told us the truth about how bad things are and rejected all the atrocities of the Bush era, he would have been vastly more popular. Instead he supported banker bailouts and now has caved in to mandatory overpriced health insurance. Obama is the problem in that he allows himself to be a puppet. Let's see if the next fabricated threat gives him the popularity push Bush got.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:01 PM

183 posts, read 115,021 times
Quote:
I think the problem is Republicans dont want Obama reelected in 2012. Every single basic idea that Obama has proposed has been met with heavy backlash from townhall rallies. How do you make change if your walking on eggshells? how do you make change when a large group people want you to fail?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...a-fail-11.html

The far right (Palin supporters) are on an agenda to put Obama in a place where he wont be reelected. And its sad because they are hurting America in the process.

Of course your theory would also apply to Bush, right?

Get serious. They passed major pieces of legislation like the Apollo Alliance stimulus without debate or even reading the bill under the guise of needing it so urgently there was no time to read it, then Obama took five days to sign it and it will require years to implement. A 300 page amendment was added to the cap and trade bill the day of the vote as though it were OK to do that. Time and again this administration has ignored the expressed will of the people to spend borrowed money on supporters and their causes. 59% of Americans do not want the Democrat's health care reforms to become law, yet that appears to be exactly what the Democrats plan to do. If the Democrats are held accountable for their contempt for the voters in 2010 and 2012, they will have no one but themselves to blame.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:19 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
republicans dont want obama to get elected again just like the democrats dont want to see republicans elected into office.

It's called POLITICS.

But stopping the president from succeeding? when was this ever done before?

Before Obama finishes his sentence the republicans are ready to shoot down his ideas.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
But stopping the president from succeeding? when was this ever done before?

Before Obama finishes his sentence the republicans are ready to shoot down his ideas.
The Dems have the majority. They don't need to win over the Repubs.
Makes you wonder why nothing is getting passed....

Old 10-02-2009, 07:45 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
But with your statement, you can very easily argue that Democrats are now the party with the big tent as they obviously all don't agree with each other. Most of Bush's policies with Republican control were rubber stamped and Senators such as Snowe were shunned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies