Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 11:05 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Actually Gay parents have children the same way many straight parents have kids. They care for their kids just as much as you care for yours. Therefore they don't want to see them abused. Most of their kids will turn out to be straight just as the kids from straight parents. Some of their kids will turn out to be gay, just as the kids from straight parents. I'm sure they are also motivated by their own personnel experiences in schools. Kids are killing themselves because they can't deal with the abuse. These aren't necessarily gay kids, often they are just straight kids perceived to be gay.
For children of gay parents it is not just the name calling. Its also the way their families are treated. I know of a case where a child was prevented by her teacher from creating a mothers day card with both her mothers names on it. The teacher said she had to pick one.
The curriculum that I'm aware of is age appropriate and therefore doesn't deal with sexuality in the younger grades. When reading a story about a straight family to young kids no one expects the parents sexual activity to be part of the story. Well the same is true when reading a story about a family headed by gay parents.

Maybe you better look into what is going on in some schools from gay teachers and activists. It's shocking, disgusting and revolting, so much so it cannot be mentioned here. Gays are a danger to children. You are wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 12:26 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
H*LL YES it bothers me! The homosexual focus on children is one of the reasons I took my children out of the public indoctrination centers. I hired two teachers to educate my children that left the profession because of the non-stop gay push. They also took their children out of the schools. Obviously this revulting school Czar has an agenda to influance children. It's rather like the drug dealers hanging around the schools to rope in some new victims. People need to wake up and find ways to homeschool their children or parents need to organize against this gay agenda in the schools. The gays have chose same sex that cannot even produce a chiild. Why the h*ll are they targeting ours unless it is for nafarious reasons????
Why do I suddenly get the feeling you would throw your kid out of the house and disown them if they told you that they were gay??

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Would that also include getting "inspiration" from a hard-core NAMBLA advocate?

Americans for Truth » Kevin Jennings 1997 Transcript: ‘Promoting Homosexuality’ in Schools; GLSEN ‘Good for Kids’ (http://americansfortruth.com/news/kevin-jennings-1997-transcript-promoting-homosexuality-in-schools-glsen-good-for-kids.html - broken link)

It appears Jennings was also a big, big fan and got great inspiration from Harry Hay. Who is Harry Hay, you ask?

Harry Hay 1912 -- 2002
Harry Hay on Man/Boy Love

IS there any doubt this man Jennings is a radical gay activist? Is this the kind of person we want making education policy?
I'll just post this again.

The gets his inspiration from a hard-core NAMBLA member.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Kind of. I would like to see all schools taking a neutral approach to 'family' and what is considered normal and not be put in a position of having to deal with this kind of stuff. I'm not bothered by homosexuals or having Heather Has Two Mommies on the bookshelf or whatever but I'd like schools to focus on academics and not social issues. This guy was not a good choice IMO because people who push to the limits on controversies usually have their focus on a particular pet issue and aren't the type we want to hold power over EVERYONE. Nobody can be effective in any position when a huge chuck of the population doesn't even trust you and we should not be asking people to just accept it. There are plenty of other people who can be more fair and balanced in their approach.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:13 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
There's absolutely no reason to teach any of this at all in school. It's not the schools job to teach why Timmy may have two dad's. Just like...It's not the schools job to teach kids about divorce, why dad is a drunk and beats mom, why mom is hooked on dope and banging the milk man, why Uncle Jimbo is in prison or whatever. The government needs to stop trying to raise kids and stick to teaching them "school stuff". Raising the kids is their parents jobs. School are trying to be "counselors" for everything. It's not their jobs.

Last edited by JDTD2.0; 10-03-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 02:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
There's absolutely no reason to teach any of this at all in school. It's not the schools job to teach why Timmy may have two dad's. Just like...It's not the schools job to teach kids about divorce, why dad is a drunk and beats mom, why mom is hooked on dope and banging the milk man, why Uncle Jimbo is in prison or whatever. The government needs to stop trying to raise kids and stick to teaching them "school stuff". Raising the kids is their parents jobs. School are trying to be "counselors" for everything. It's not their jobs.
I have to agree. Schools have become default social service organizations. Stick to the basics, provide a free lunch to the needy, remove disruptive or unteachable students, and let charities and social workers do the rest. I'll bet there wouldn't be a problem with school funding if we did that. Schools should be a place people WANT to go to, and ASPIRE to go to.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:11 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have to agree. Schools have become default social service organizations. Stick to the basics, provide a free lunch to the needy, remove disruptive or unteachable students, and let charities and social workers do the rest. I'll bet there wouldn't be a problem with school funding if we did that. Schools should be a place people WANT to go to, and ASPIRE to go to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies