Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 12:33 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,947,765 times

Advertisements

Q u e e r i n g Elementary Education

Forward by Kevin Jennings, school czar.

The volume provides scholarly insights, pedagogical strategies, and curricular resources for use in public elementary schools. *****ing Elementary Education will be of particular interest to teacher educators who integrate issues of multiculturalism and sexuality into the curriculum of ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS.

The same "Safe School Czar" who ignored statutory rape. The same Kevin Jennings who started Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which on the front is not a bad thing - but.

There's obviously an agenda, and obviously they're using schools to advance that agenda. Keving Jennings wrote the Forward to the manual on how to do so. That bothers me. Not homosexuality or gays. But pushing agenda in elementary schools.

We are talking about vulnerable children, and upon examination you see that the agenda is put together by homosexual activists to normalize homosexuality in the minds of as many kids as possible – and if possible without any parental knowledge or consent.

Indoctrination. Does it bother you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

The volume provides scholarly insights, pedagogical strategies, and curricular resources for use in public elementary schools. *****ing Elementary Education will be of particular interest to teacher educators who integrate issues of multiculturalism and sexuality into the curriculum of ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS.

The same "Safe School Czar" who ignored statutory rape. The same Kevin Jennings who started Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), which on the front is not a bad thing - but.

There's obviously an agenda, and obviously they're using schools to advance that agenda. Keving Jennings wrote the Forward to the manual on how to do so. That bothers me. Not homosexuality or gays. But pushing agenda in elementary schools.

We are talking about vulnerable children, and upon examination you see that the agenda is put together by homosexual activists to normalize homosexuality in the minds of as many kids as possible – and if possible without any parental knowledge or consent.

Of course it does! Hopefully he will resign tonight, I don't even mind if he crawls out through the backdoor now the Olympics will be the hot item....as long as he resigns or get's fired!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

No (on normalizing homosexuality in the schools).

[and im sure that some will whine that it means turning all kids gay............wrong as usuall]

Old 10-02-2009, 12:54 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,697 times
These nutjobs need to go. There is a cartoon video floating out there somewhere being shown to CA school children regarding cross dressing.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:57 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
I haven't seen any bills put forward to introduce this to schools and I'm sure even if such a bill were put forward, it wouldn't pass.

I'm just sick of all this talk about him by The Right to paint him into some sort of gay monster. It seems every day The Right wants to prove how anti-gay it is.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:10 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
I've got no problem with it. We currently have a homophobic elementary education system. It needs a little *****ing.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
No, it doesn't really bother me. I don't like the word "*****", and would prefer it not be used in this context, but in terms of the indoctrination which some people do seem to be concerned about, well is it that children will be indoctrinated to become homosexual, or that children will be indoctrinated to become more tolerant.

I don't think you can be indoctrinated into homosexuality. I don't think homosexuals are "made" in any way, some people are simply born into this range of sexuality.

I think it's a very good thing to teach people to be tolerant of one another, especially when another person isn't hurting anyone in any way by their actions. I understand that people who practice certain religions don't see homosexuality as a personal, private issue, but see it in other terms. And protecting their children is important to them. But tolerance is something they have to practice as adults, so it is something they should want their children to begin learning as early as possible.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:22 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
No (on normalizing homosexuality in the schools).
Since when is "normalizing" anything an effort of the public school system?

The subject up for question is a hotly debated political topic that most adults can't get their head around. He thinks its important to include this into the public school systems?

Math, Science, Social Studies.... should be the focus of our educators, not pushing a political agenda through indoctirnation of students.

Parents should have the ABILITY to deciede what is appropriate at what age for their children to be subjected to. Not you, not the education czar, not the school system.

You would hold a much different point of view if a hugely conservative czar was stating that the education system should be including education on non-homosexual positions.

Try to be objective.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I haven't seen any bills put forward to introduce this to schools and I'm sure even if such a bill were put forward, it wouldn't pass.

I'm just sick of all this talk about him by The Right to paint him into some sort of gay monster. It seems every day The Right wants to prove how anti-gay it is.

Somebody that COMPLETELY missed the point. Take off your liberal hat for a second.

Would you hold the same position if Fmr. President Bush had a czar who pushed anti-homosexuality? If not, you are being hypocritical.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I've got no problem with it. We currently have a homophobic elementary education system. It needs a little *****ing.
And the elementary educaiton system should be dabbling in hetro and homo sexuality for what reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies