Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 07:27 PM

4,790 posts, read 5,878,738 times

Advertisements

I envy people who can live in a van down by the river, and do it well.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:38 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,513,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
You know, I agree. I read stories about people who sell all of their stuff, move into maybe a yert or a treehouse or just something like that & live off the land. They have few personal possessions, they grow their own food. They're really going back to the roots of the native people of this country. I do admire that. I'd love to try it...kind of like those PBS reality shows like "Frontier House" or "Colonial House", I love those shows. It may be hard but it's admirable to try it.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:39 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,513,810 times
Quote:
Haha, by the way, I tried repping you. You are one poster on here that consistently makes me laugh.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:41 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,745,381 times
Quote:
That was very motivational.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:43 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,936,486 times
Default very bad spanish - pardon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
There are very few places that are not third world now.
Vamos a la Tijuana mi amigo and mirse que 3rd mundo es.

"Let's go to Tijuana my friend and see what 3rd world is"

I'm not going to bother with the numbers but I'm sure if you examined them, you'd see that our unemployment and situation is not as bad as the 3rd world.

Have you ever compared the poor of our country with say India? We have the richest poor of any nation.

Is it bad? Yes. But it could be a helluvalot worse.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,377,306 times
That $250,000 figure for increased taxes that Obama threw out there........forget about it. It was a scam designed to fool people who didn't know better. Everyone will be hit by increased taxes even if you don't "pay" taxes because it will hit you via increased prices for purchased services and goods. By the way, you are not "rich" if you make $250,000 a year. Upper class, yes. Rich, no.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

I'm not going to bother with the numbers but I'm sure if you examined them, you'd see that our unemployment and situation is not as bad as the 3rd world.

Have you ever compared the poor of our country with say India? We have the richest poor of any nation.

Go to some of the neighborhoods in Detroit now where there are no local businesses left and you will see third world conditions. Just because the media doesn't report it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,148,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You know, I agree. I read stories about people who sell all of their stuff, move into maybe a yert or a treehouse or just something like that & live off the land. They have few personal possessions, they grow their own food. They're really going back to the roots of the native people of this country. I do admire that. I'd love to try it...kind of like those PBS reality shows like "Frontier House" or "Colonial House", I love those shows. It may be hard but it's admirable to try it.
You don't even have to do it all the way.

Just buy some rural property and get a job that allows telecommute over the internet. Get yourself some livestock, grow your own vegetables and start bartering with your neighbors.

It works. You can live like a king for $35-40K. (assuming house/land is paid off).

Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,601,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

Did you notice where I live. Twenty minutes from Mexico.
I've been to worse right here in the USA

Old 10-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Detroit -

Detroit: Third World Conditions - Abandoned Neighborhood - Money, Finance, Economy... Channel • Money.videosift.com

Sorry, 1st video has been removed. How surprising.

Try this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHr2mLQZUtU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies