Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 06:03 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
What's there to see? His other works were filled with lies, fiction, and half truths so why should this one be any different? Besides, he's become what some use to call a "bourgeois communist". He's become rich off of capitalism and has become a member of the bourgeois while still spouting off the evils of capitalism and how it robs from society.
How many of Moore's films have you actually watched?

Titles, please, and a brief synopsis if you can spare the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 06:10 AM

97 posts, read 110,703 times
The ads I saw for the movie were of him going up to the bailed-out banks and asking for his money back. You'd think the man came right out of a tea party for goodness sake

Old 10-03-2009, 06:11 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Huh? MM has made millions, upon millions of dollars decrying free market capitalism, all the while becoming filthy rich from it. The sheep nod their heads at whatever pablum spews from his mouth and he laughs all the way to the bank.
you didn't answer the question. are you a capitalist? or are you just a capitalist when it comes to conservatives making money?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:34 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Huh? MM has made millions, upon millions of dollars decrying free market capitalism, all the while becoming filthy rich from it. The sheep nod their heads at whatever pablum spews from his mouth and he laughs all the way to the bank.
Hey it applies to MM sheep just as it does the rest of the world. Stupid People Do Stupid Things.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:40 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Did Moore even mention the Federal Reserve and their role in this crisis? What, 1% interest rates didn't present a moral hazard?

Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Precisely! Why are these people not understanding the difference? Everyone was screaming "No Bailouts" and it is these very corporations and unethical, predatory practices that Moore is taking on in this film and they are bashing him. Where is the logic? I don't not get it, do you?
Let me see...? Oh yeah it is all about power and corruption or maybe about stupid people that follow other stupid people. That is called politics 101 at least as long as I can remember. You get what you vote for and as in Obama's case it is the same thing with a twist. I feel sorry for Obama supporters. The only Hope and Change they got came in the form of being Short Changed.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Hell no...he is laughing all the way to the bank on the income derived from those who think going to see his movies would do anything to "change the world". He and Jesse Jackson live high on the hog while professing to want to make things better "for all of us". Who flies in on his private jet, then gets in his limo to drive to the slums to talk about "how we been done wrong"...then goes right back to his multi-million dollar lifestyle???? Michael Moore is the white mans Jesse Jackson. Help support me to make things better for you...yea, right. Sad thing is those that are stupid enough to believe keep lining their pockets and supporting THEIR lifestyle.
So, so true but with the intellect of the average MM movie goer and the average voter it is now wonder why Obama is in the White House and MM is rich/

Old 10-03-2009, 06:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Let me see...? Oh yeah it is all about power and corruption or maybe about stupid people that follow other stupid people. That is called politics 101 at least as long as I can remember. You get what you vote for and as in Obama's case it is the same thing with a twist. I feel sorry for Obama supporters. The only Hope and Change they got came in the form of being Short Changed.
And McCain/Palin would've done what differently or better?

(Now, this is where you say you're not a Republican and voted Independent/Libertarian/Agrarian/Mesopotamian....anything but for the repubs...)

OBTW, Obama is NOT the topic....the topic IS and should be the FILM.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And McCain/Palin would've done what differently or better?

(Now, this is where you say you're not a Republican and voted Independent/Libertarian/Agrarian/Mesopotamian....anything but for the repubs...)

OBTW, Obama is NOT the topic....the topic IS and should be the FILM.
I did not vote for Bush his second term. I did not vote for either of the 2 candidates that ran this time around. I am not a dumb sheep. And you voted for Hope and Change? I know most cringe when they admit that they did but it is okay you can admit it.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:02 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I hope all of you will go see it so you can actually have something to say.
Its a common theme to simply deride WHO said something as opposed to what they said.

If Glen Beck or Michael Moore stated that using toilet paper was better than using a stick to wipe ones backside, there would be people on both sides arguing the contrary just because WHO said it.

Personally I plan on seeing just so I can comment on its substance or lack of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies