Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 09:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That's fine, as long as you realize that the vast majority of people that Moore and people like yourself rail against are simply doing the same thing. Make a comfortable living.
Id love to know to what poisonous source you hook your feeding tube. What on earth has made you think that Michael Moore rails against people who make a comfortable living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 09:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I wonder if he's used any capitalist tools to finanace any of his endeavors.

Anyways, I, my family, friends and neighbors have done quite well under capitalism.

If we can do even better under a different system, spell it out.
Where did you get the notion that Moore is against Capitalism? If that is what you think, you are not understanding his issues with the current system and are not ready to comment on it.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Typical repugs....in their adoration of the people who are screwing them into the ground they will obediently slam Moore, NOT his movie, not his points he's making, not the criminal system he's trying to draw attention to but HIM. NONE have seen the movie but actually comment on it....how typically ignorant.

I have wondered WHY? Why do repugs worship , defend , protect, honor more than their god, the Wealthy??? I know they never reason farther than the end of their nose but sheesh! ..to so staunchly defend the fingers that are tightening around your throat is insanity.....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
So all of you who dislike Mr. Moore for making huge sums of money are absolutely certain that you would never personally accept payment for making a film about anything ? You would "give nobly of yourselves, and share the milk of human kindness," such is your wellspring of selflessness ?
I would love to make millions for making films.

That is not what it is about. It is Moore's assertion that the rich are evil. Any wealthy person (who is not an entertainer) in his movies are automatically sneered at. All wealth (that is not produced by film making) is automatically ill-gotten and the holder of that wealth is automatically pegged as scum.

He is a "do as I say and not as I do kind of person". There is a film with the intentionally inflammatory name Michael Moore Hates America which is much better and nowhere near as venomous as the title would suggest. There is a scene where the creator of the film asks Michael Moore if he will do an interview with him when Moore is speaking at the University of Michigan. Moore gets visibly angry immediately and attacks the the creator of them that how dare he ambush him and ask that question to him in public that and that "no" he will not be interviewed by someone who is critical of him.

I despise Michael Moore's politics and he is a hypocrite as a person.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
I would love to make millions for making films.

That is not what it is about. It is Moore's assertion that the rich are evil. Any wealthy person (who is not an entertainer) in his movies are automatically sneered at. All wealth (that is not produced by film making) is automatically ill-gotten and the holder of that wealth is automatically pegged as scum.

He is a "do as I say and not as I do kind of person". There is a film with the intentionally inflammatory name Michael Moore Hates America which is much better and nowhere near as venomous as the title would suggest. There is a scene where the creator of the film asks Michael Moore if he will do an interview with him when Moore is speaking at the University of Michigan. Moore gets visibly angry immediately and attacks the the creator of them that how dare he ambush him and ask that question to him in public that and that "no" he will not be interviewed by someone who is critical of him.

I despise Michael Moore's politics and he is a hypocrite as a person.
Oh, he does not sneer at "any wealthy person." He sneers (and then some) at people who do evil. Please give a link to the Univ of Michigan moment.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:39 AM

487 posts, read 636,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I wonder if he's used any capitalist tools to finanace any of his endeavors.

Anyways, I, my family, friends and neighbors have done quite well under capitalism.

If we can do even better under a different system, spell it out.
Its not all about you. Ever stop to think about other people? We need a complete reform of the economic system in this country.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
WhaT's anti-American about this film?
The title.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
Good God. No offense, but your statement about "We don't need to study economics" is exactly what's wrong with this country.

Check out the Commanding Heights PBS video at your local library (or find it online - you can read the transcript of the video). It's a very understandable history of economics in the 20th century for the economic layperson. You might be surprised that the 40's-70's wasn't the greatest thing that we think it was. When did we really see phenomenal economic growth? It was after we gave Keynesian economics the heave-ho.

I'm not angry about a few people having a lot more money than others. That's how life is. It's not fair. Some people are smarter, work harder, have better natural talent, etc. and will rise to the top. I'd rather have that than a system where everyone is about the same in earnings potential.
Excellent info!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Where did you get the notion that Moore is against Capitalism? If that is what you think, you are not understanding his issues with the current system and are not ready to comment on it.
They're so scared! we're opening the gates and yelling "Come out of your pens, sheep!" and they're huddling up and bleating "noooooo...." (Except we're the cute shepherd dogs, not Limbaugh 'n' them.)

Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The title.
Lol, are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies