Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobiuss View Post
Boycott Brokeback, support Clint! I also say boycott all of these hollywood elite sponsored Holocaust films. Enough already. The fact they financed and then gave an "Oscar" to Roman Polanski for The Pianist is a disgrace.
Clint Eastwood - still a bad@ss at 78 - not too many real men like him in Hollyweird anymore:

YouTube - Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:10 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
I've been avoiding much of Hollywood's movies since 2001. There are way too many celebrities in hollywood who not only hate America, but also have nothing but disdain towards our nation's military. Celebrities like Danny Glover would rather show support to communist dictators than his own country. Fine. I'm not calling for a boycott of their movies. I just don't pay to watch their films. They have a personal choice to support our nation's enemies and I have a personal choice not to contribute to their income.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Thumbs up Clint Eastwood is a True Patriot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Clint Eastwood - still a bad@ss at 78 - not too many real men like him in Hollyweird anymore:

YouTube - Gran Torino - Get Off My Lawn _HD
Clint Eastwood is truly a genuinely decent man with a kind heart and respectable nature! If anything I would patronize all his endeavors!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
How many of you planning to boycott Hollywood are also planning to boycott the NFL for reinstating that piece of scum Michael Vick?

What about boycotting the networks (CBS, NBC, ABC) that deliver those horrible liberal talk shows aforementioned?

Remember that since you're boycotting ABC (the network that airs "The View") be sure not to promise any trips to Disney or buy any Disney products for your children. I'm sure you will all come up with a good way to explain to your daughters why they can't be Cinderella or Snow White for Halloween based on your principles.

Don't bother with ESPN or NBA games or NASCAR either- ALL ABC affiliated. Sickening, isn't it?

Perhaps worst of all, GE owns MSNBC!!!!

I think if you all stood tall & boycotted CBS, the entities that own NBC, ABC and all their combined holdings, you might actually have some impact.

I think it would take a LOT of work to make sure your life is free of all that muck, though.

Here's a link to help get you started:

http://www.freepress.net/ownership/chart/main

Good luck!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Is that you, Rush???

Speaking of those who spew idiocy I happily boycott..............................

I'll toss in John Wayne, a war hero in the same way Reagan was a good POTUS

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Most of you sound like a bunch of friggin' witch hunters.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
The problems with boycotts are that people only boycott the OBVIOUS (and only when other people are watching..lol). If you follow the money and/or dig deep enough you wouldn't be able to do much of anything.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:21 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
How many of you planning to boycott Hollywood are also planning to boycott the NFL for reinstating that piece of scum Michael Vick?

What about boycotting the networks (CBS, NBC, ABC) that deliver those horrible liberal talk shows aforementioned?

Remember that since you're boycotting ABC (the network that airs "The View") be sure not to promise any trips to Disney or buy any Disney products for your children. I'm sure you will all come up with a good way to explain to your daughters why they can't be Cinderella or Snow White for Halloween based on your principles.

Don't bother with ESPN or NBA games or NASCAR either- ALL ABC affiliated. Sickening, isn't it?

Vick served his time in prison, a real prison I might add, and as long ask he keeps himself out of trouble and is still able to play, he should be allowed to continue to earn a living.
Since I'm not part of the Nielson ratings system, boycotting a network from my home television is pointless. The networks make money based upon ratings. Higher the ratings, the more they can charge for advertising space. Disney has been moving away from being family friendly for years now. Cinderella and Snow White were story book characters for many years before Walt Disney ever made movies.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Default Fantastic Post Sampaguita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post

I think if you all stood tall & boycotted CBS, the entities that own NBC, ABC and all their combined holdings, you might actually have some impact.

I think it would take a LOT of work to make sure your life is free of all that muck, though.

Here's a link to help get you started:

Ownership Chart: The Big Six | Free Press

Good luck!
Great Heads up Sampaguita! Follow the money and you can hurt them where they will begin to panic!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
When celebrities use their fame to push their political agendas, boycotts are appropriate and not at all childish.

Reagan should NEVER have been POTUS, eh? How'd all the Uptighty-Righties get sucked in by that political agenda pushing celebrity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies