Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:27 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,810,759 times

Advertisements

this Harvard-based "campus" is one of the few places on the planet where a "reverse-engineered" weaponized virus could be massively produced for commercial (or military) applications.

Could this be why the State of Massachusetts is leading the charge to "forced pandemic flu vaccinations" - recommending JAIL SENTENCES and $1,000 PER DAY FINES for those who dare to refuse the vaccine?

H1n1 Virus not only man-made, but Patented! - The Gadfly (http://www.thegadflyblog.com/2009/09/h1n1-virus-not-only-man-made-but-patented.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 11:02 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
That's an interesting post. The link leads to a frightening scenario. I don't know if that's true about MA, but the vaccine certainly could be made mandatory across the nation. I understand that the nasal vaccine is contra-indicated for children under 6 years of age, for people over 50 and pregnant women, and anyone with compromised immunity because of the live virus it contains. The injection does not contain a live virus.

I don't particularly care for the age divisions. What about the child who is 6.5, or 7? or even 8? What about the adult who is 48 or 49? Making the vaccine mandatory is outrageous, in my opinion.
It should be an individual decision. I'm all for pro-choice here.

Besides, I don't trust the method of manufacture where there's been such an emphasis on speed of production. Haste makes waste, as they say, and in this instance that could translate to deadly results.

I haven't had the regular seasonal flu vaccine in years, and never had the flu. Not sure this flu is going to be all it's hyped up to be.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That's an interesting post. The link leads to a frightening scenario. I don't know if that's true about MA, but the vaccine certainly could be made mandatory across the nation. I understand that the nasal vaccine is contra-indicated for children under 6 years of age, for people over 50 and pregnant women, and anyone with compromised immunity because of the live virus it contains. The injection does not contain a live virus.

I don't particularly care for the age divisions. What about the child who is 6.5, or 7? or even 8? What about the adult who is 48 or 49? Making the vaccine mandatory is outrageous, in my opinion.
It should be an individual decision. I'm all for pro-choice here.

Besides, I don't trust the method of manufacture where there's been such an emphasis on speed of production. Haste makes waste, as they say, and in this instance that could translate to deadly results.

I haven't had the regular seasonal flu vaccine in years, and never had the flu. Not sure this flu is going to be all it's hyped up to be.
Oh, yawn! We've been over this before, esp. about the method of manufacture. This vaccine is made the same way as all other flu vaccines, with the same base. It just contains killed H1N1 virus instead of some different strains of killed virus.

The nasal spray is licensed for people ages 2-49. There is a large safety margin built into these numbers.

The only "mandatory" vaccine program I have heard of is that for health care workers in New York state.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, yawn! We've been over this before, esp. about the method of manufacture. This vaccine is made the same way as all other flu vaccines, with the same base. It just contains killed H1N1 virus instead of some different strains of killed virus.

The nasal spray is licensed for people ages 2-49. There is a large safety margin built into these numbers.

The only "mandatory" vaccine program I have heard of is that for health care workers in New York state.

The nasal spray contains live 'weakened' H1N1 virus - that constitutes 'safety' to you? LOL! Moderator cut: no accusations!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-05-2009 at 01:14 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 06:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The nasal spray contains live 'weakened' H1N1 virus - that constitutes 'safety' to you? LOL!Moderator cut: no accusations!

I wonder if the method of "weakening" opens it up to a higher likelihood of genetic recombination.

Probably does.

Hey kids - don't eat your boogers!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-05-2009 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
I wonder if the method of "weakening" opens it up to a higher likelihood of genetic recombination.

Probably does.

And don't each each other's boogers!

Old 10-04-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
And don't eat each other's boogers!
And, hold you nose, and close your eyes and mouth when they spray the mist.

Then, wash your hands.

Then, take a shower.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
The nasal spray contains live 'weakened' H1N1 virus - that constitutes 'safety' to you? Moderator cut: no accusations!
Quote:

Probably does.

Moderator cut: orphaned Do you two have science degrees or anything close?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-05-2009 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned Do you two have science degrees or anything close?
Well, I janitored at NIH for 4 years.

AND, I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.

I really CAN tell the difference between a prokaryote and an eukaryote - and you girl, are an eukaryote with an atopsis complex.

"Although the proliferative compartment of peripheral giant cell granuloma has been investigated in detail, the expression and distribution of proteins regulating apoptosis is unknown." 'The present study demonstrates strong expression of bak and bax in the majority of giant cells."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9707279

Strong expression of Baxter International.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-05-2009 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Well, I janitored at NIH for 4 years.

AND, I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.

I really CAN tell the difference between a prokaryote and an eukaryote - and you girl, are an eukaryote with an atopsis complex.
You really do know how to flatter someone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies