Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,939,820 times

Advertisements

You knew some jackanapes would rise to occassion and blame Bush for Obama's olympic failure. Leave it to Rev Jackson to carry the fire.

Rev Jackson disappointed in Chicago's Olympic loss

CHICAGO (AP) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he's "truly disappointed" in Chicago's Olympic loss...

...he believes that the Bush administration had poor relations with the IOC and remnants of that era remain.

"There must be" resentment against America, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, near the stage where he had hoped to give a victory speech in Daley Center Plaza. "The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty"...

ChiSunTimes (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1804170,CST-NWS-olyresent03.article?plckCurrentPage=0&sid=sitelife .suntimes.com - broken link)

The narrative is tired - It's Bushes fault! That's like me going about life and blaming my parents for all my failures. Move on and become accountable Obama - you're party has controlled the house and senate for how long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,755,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
You knew some jackanapes would rise to occassion and blame Bush for Obama's olympic failure. Leave it to Rev Jackson to carry the fire.

Rev Jackson disappointed in Chicago's Olympic loss

CHICAGO (AP) — The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he's "truly disappointed" in Chicago's Olympic loss...

...he believes that the Bush administration had poor relations with the IOC and remnants of that era remain.

"There must be" resentment against America, the Rev. Jesse Jackson said, near the stage where he had hoped to give a victory speech in Daley Center Plaza. "The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty"...

ChiSunTimes (http://www.suntimes.com/sports/olympics/1804170,CST-NWS-olyresent03.article?plckCurrentPage=0&sid=sitelife .suntimes.com - broken link)

The narrative is tired - It's Bushes fault! That's like me going about life and blaming my parents for all my failures. Move on and become accountable Obama - you're party has controlled the house and senate for how long?
Better statement would be "Move on and become accountable, Jesse!"

Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,061,580 times
Simply put, Obama thought he could throw around his celebrity-status to win over the IOC, and thus enjoy a capstone Olympic event right there in his backyard in 2016 to round out his 8-year Presidency. Not only will he not have an Olympic event to attend, he will have been retired from politics for 4 years. It's evident that Obama just doesn't get it that his good oratorical skills have met the end of their useful life. The world sees right through this guy, but still, he kisses his biceps in front of the mirror each morning like he's untouchable. 2012 will be his day of reckoning.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 PM

689 posts, read 741,113 times
Jesse Jackson is a brilliant man! He's figured out more conspiracies than any other human on the face of the Earth. That takes skill.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:43 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,551,846 times
Senator Rowland Burris said essentially the same thing. I suppose they forget that Chicago was named a finalist while Bush was in office. I'm not saying it's Obama's fault, but to blame Bush is ridiculous.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,178,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Senator Rowland Burris said essentially the same thing. I suppose they forget that Chicago was named a finalist while Bush was in office. I'm not saying it's Obama's fault, but to blame Bush is ridiculous.
How many progs do you think know what you just told about Bush? Too many don't.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,584,210 times
"Bush" spelled backwards is "HSUB" which is Latin for "blame me"....

Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
Brazil has never had an Olympics. They are a modern industrialized country with the resources to support the Olympics. If you had the choice of Rio or Chicago where would you go?

Old 10-05-2009, 12:53 PM

36,962 posts, read 18,897,316 times
Who the heck listens to Jesse Jackson about anything?

Jackson is a politician who never held office and a preacher without a church. He has no credibility with anyone I know, liberal or conservative. He's even less believable than Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck.

If you want controversy, you need a better subject to fight over. Jackson won't do it.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,551,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How many progs do you think know what you just told about Bush? Too many don't.
Probably true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies